Landmines Placed in Spawn Rooms

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Singed, Mar 19, 2013.

1. WUNDER8AR

I've learned that it's better to never be the first to step through the force field at a spawnroom after a base cap. So it doesn't really concern me. I still think it's lame though.
  2. tbot

For added effect place claymores and C4 in their blast radius. Blows up the whole spawnroom :)
  3. }{ellKnight

Valid tactic. Let the other people rush in the spawn room first.

You didn't read his post did you?
    • Up x 1
  4. p10k56

From what i know is hard to throw nade to spawn room due this protecting force field on doors. Sometimes hero must rush in to detonate so cleverly placed explosives.

I call this strategy of cheep kill.
  5. Goretzu

Landmines have been used for this exact purpose through their history infact.

Probably more so than actually blocking areas off, seeding your retreat with landmines is effective. Especially in PS2 where you cannot actually have enough landmines to make a proper field of them (like you could in PS1).
  6. Xasapis

An engineer can already disarm a AT mine. We can't disarm C4.
  7. GSZenith

just let the lemmings run in and die for your medic to rez...don't forget to thank the enemy for free certs.
  8. Goretzu

No one seems to know that engis can disarm mines.
  9. Hodo

I do this all the time with my Claymores.
  10. Xasapis

Well, it's a lot easier to just shoot them and everyone has a gun, while only engineers have the tool to disarm. It's the exact samething with infiltrators and hacked terminals. People shoot the terminals and repair them instead of wait for an infiltrator or switch to infiltrator themselves.
  11. Sebyos

Yup. But He was talking about land mines which could have been AI or AV and honestly AI are not a problem for smart people. AV used with a AI are tough because even if you got flak and you are careful those things got huge aoe and the dude triggering the AI mine 5 meters further might trigger the AV mine closer.

If you don't know many people me included, leave a boom cake in spawns before leaving. I put a prox mine, 3 tank mines and 2 C4 and I usually get 5 kills with it minimum.
  12. Ghosty11

Why waste a grenade? There is always some dummy willing to rush in and "disarm" the mines for you. It usually costs him his life, but oh well. Survival of the fittest.

If you are the only one around, then just be very cautious when entering a spawn room after a change in possession. It only takes a couple of extra minutes to check the place out, and flak armor is also a big help if you do happen to catch a mine.
  13. Ghosty11

Why redeploy? It's so much fun to sit in the back of the spawn room and watch all the r-***** die. Well worth a death due to the pain field to see 10 to 15 people all explode at once, especially when you have a few ScatMAXes mixed in the group. :eek:
  14. PS2Freak

Hey, Stop Nerfing everything and all what kill you.. Stop it people.. and grow up some ba.ls
  15. RomulusX

I got flak armor so I DON'T have to watch where I step :eek:
  16. itzCujo666

It's legit.

It's the sort of thing that only gets you a couple of times. Don't go in first, watch where you step. :)

I make a point to never be the first to rush in a spawn room when it flips....what's the point of rushing in, let the other guy go first. That's always my tactic anyway, spawn rooms, around corners, through doors, etc...etc.. when there's someone in a desperate rush to get there, I always step aside.... ;)

If I'm being spawn camped, and a base is about to flip, before I redeploy, I will always, always leave as many presents as I can, and 1 of my engineer load outs has utility pouch maxed, so I can leave a lot. Since the C4 changes (C4 despawns on respawn) it means I can leave less already, so it's already been nerfed to some extend.

Check out the Spawn Room Kaboom series on Youtube. Whoever made these is a master in the art...
    • Up x 2
  17. siiix

ohh thank you people , i was afraid most people will agree with the original post ... i'm glad and happy most of us agree its fun and legit sabotage :) a little this restored my faith in the forum community
  18. DaninTexas

I will stand up and admit - I run in. Every time and I try to be first. Why? Flak Armor 5 - that and it gets the medic behind me some XP. If all I have to do is die and wait 2 seconds to give a team mate some good XP - so be it.
  19. Stormlight666

Someone not happy when my base is being taken and i leave "presents" for those about to swarm in from tank camping the spawn room. Aw muffin!
  20. Soundmonitor

lol good way to TK people... at least you have an excuse "just checking for landmins... sorry..."