Lancer can't 1 shot ESF's but the other ESL's can?....

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by treeHamster, Mar 18, 2013.

1. Phyr

I kill aircraft with AT mines all the time. Get on my level.
  2. treeHamster

I do too, love to hot drop to the Crown (when you used to be able to) and drop AT mines on the flight pads for an easy ESF kill when they came to reload/repair.

:)
  3. Leo Di Caprio

A one shot camera missile? LOL.

Nothing in any form of guided, be it lock-on or camera should one shot an ESF, there is too much spam in this game to have one shot weapons.
    • Up x 1
  4. FlayvorOfEvil

You guys mine the landing pad, but I got a dual scythe and lightning kill at with my mines on the road at Northern Weigh Station.
    • Up x 1
  5. Disparu

Anyone who says hitting things with the saron is difficult needs to speak to my secondary gunner, because he seems to have no issues....

That said he also prefers the halberd to it because of the higher velocity.
  6. BalogDerStout

Sounds like the Decimator might just be better, no charge time, no bullet drop, best damage.

Still annoyed at my anni.
  7. treeHamster

I would drop 1 on each side of a flight pad then do the same on another. It's usually good for 3-4 kills.
  8. Rusky

I don't get why people keep complaining about the Striker. It sounds like an amazing launcher to me.

It has downsides, holy crap, who would've thought ? But what do you get for standing still (you know like every other ESL apparently) ?
    You get a launcher that fire 5 rockets without having to reacquire or reload. Just think about how strong that is for a moment.

Yes, it sucks if you're trying to use against that ESF that is clearly running at you to rocket pod you. But it excels at quickly dispatching a target that's not yet aware of you.
  9. CrispyHaze

Ohhhh now I see why the Lancer is so useless to you. You only attack grounded, stationary targets. The entire advantage of high velocity rounds is negated! It makes so much more sense when you put it that way.
  10. treeHamster

They could make it infinite velocity and it wouldn't change the fact that it's still going to have a 0.25 second trigger delay AND still not kill on that shot. It has to reload afterwards AND still shoot again. Don't forget you'll drop 50% of your ammo in a single shot. Whoopa dee doo if it's high velocity. If you miss either shot, you're boned. If you don't have plenty of time to keep the drop on them, you're boned. If there is any lag or you flinch, you're boned. At least the decimator gives you 4 shots total (default launchers get 5). This would have to 1 shot the back of a tank or the decimator ends up being better off in the long run due to the longevity of it. Lets not even look at the fact that this will probably have little to no splash damage and will probably be useless at working over MAX's (given the fact it can't 1 shot infantry).
  11. sustainedfire

Not complaining, just stating in comparison, the Lancer is something new and the Striker is very similar to whats on the table already in game. Im sure the Striker will be the best option launcher to have as a TR.
    • Up x 1
  12. Leo Di Caprio

Who the hell is talking about the lancer? what IS this post?

Start making some sense.
  13. FigM

These launchers are a bad idea. Heavy Assault already has too many strengths against vehicles. Engineer is extremely strong against vehicles with the tank mines and long range invisible user guided free missiles.

Infantry isn't supposed to trample all over vehicles. They already enjoy too much benefit like no death penalty and near instant respawns
    • Up x 1
  14. Zaik

I assume it's going to have extremely high projectile velocity then, so that it would be difficult to miss.

What we saw in that preview video was roughly dumbfire velocity. Might have even just been the dumbfire launcher given how bizarrely that video was put together.

I think that's the major problem here, need some hard #s on m/sec. If it's a man portable Saron HRB without the traverse issues, then one shotting infantry/ESFs with it is ridiculous and shouldn't ever happen.
  15. CrispyHaze

You must be very horrible if you can't handle a 0.25 second trigger delay, and god forbid you have to take 2 shots with it. Velocity makes a huge difference by the way, especially since you seem to be stuck on being able to kill ESFs with it. Much more of a difference then a menial .25 second trigger delay will ever make. Sounds like you literally just want to one hit everything in the game that is standing still. It's way too difficult to track a target for .25 of a second without really even having to lead it, right?
  16. Garrett24789P

never has higby ever said that the phoenix will 1 shot ESFs, stop assuming.
  17. ScorpDK

I can see how the Lancer could be VERY powerful...
    If more than 1 guy uses it. Teamwork, that still exists, right?
    Imagine an army of VS Heavy Assaults standing in firing lines, taking turns in barraging the same targets, while engineers give them the ammo. Suddenly, the scenario is different. enemy Tanks and ESF would be scared ****less, not so much if a bunch of TR or NC ESL Heavies appear (since there's ways to escape the rockets)...

I say we should just sit back and wait, judge when we get the toys and run them through some intensive testing.
    • Up x 1
  18. dragondrop

If you want to one-shot ESFs, get yourself a Decimator.
  19. ThundaHawkPS

The reason you never wanted to hover against more than 1 VS heavy in PS1 was because multiples lancers could kill you before you got a chance to react. That's why the Lancer can't 1 shot ESF. Phoenix if it 1 shots at least has a slow, visible projectile and makes the firing HA immobile.
  20. treeHamster

You OBVIOUSLY have never seen the Mattherson VS in action. Their idea of "teamwork" is yelling "Why should I have to go outside and help with AA? It's not my responsibility." That's when I call for AA assistance upon an on coming swarm of Mossies. Try flying a stray Mossy or Reaver past the VS lines, it's usually done with little to no effort (or damage taken). I can't even get close to a TR or NC fight without getting pummeled.

No, the Mattherson VS are great at one thing, sitting behind a corner/shield and spraying as many bullets as possible without ever hitting anything and feeling quite accomplished with their SPM of 30, accuracy of 1%, and K/D of 10 (cause they never leave the safety of the shield).