A Very Positive Nerf

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Umbraki, Mar 13, 2013.

1. drNovikov

Why did C4 need this change? What are the benefits?
  2. drNovikov

Well, then we should despawn tanks and libs after their owner dies.
    • Up x 1
  3. ThalonGauss

Those are vehicles, and they don't explode at the push of a button any where on the map, you lost an unfair and unintended advantage, just deal with it and grow some dignity.
  4. LameFox

Feel free to deny yourself the xp from killing it any time...
  5. Ghosty11

How do the C4 changes "severely weaken C4" to the point where the LA now needs more tools? It nerfs Jetpack Jihadists that's about it. Learn to be more stealthy or use cover when advancing on a vehicle, so you can stay alive long enough to pull the trigger on the detonator. It should be much easier to stay alive now considering the nerfed HE/HEAT splash damage radius.
  6. Regpuppy

Any light assault going after a sunderer in a decent battle is a jihadist unless the people spawning on it can't see the guy smacking C4 on their sundy
  7. Ghosty11

The thing about C4 was that you could stick it on a Sundy and die and it would not go away unless it was blown up. So let's say an LA plants 2 C4 on a sundy and dies before detonating it. Well the C4 that the now dead LA dropped is still stuck to the Sundy with no way to get it off. Now all you need to do to destroy that Sundy is hit it with any type of explosive, be it a tank round, rocket, single mine, or even a grenade. I think they did this because they had no way of disarming or removing the C4 other than to shoot it.
    • Up x 1
  8. Ghosty11

Happens all the time. I run up to a Sundy as a heavy slap 2 c4 on and run away to hit it with a rocket. Yes plenty of times I run up and some one sees me and kills me. That just means I need to approach differently or bring friends. Smoke grenades/launcher can be used to cover your approach.
  9. DirArtillerySupport

Personally I never used the C4 detonator....I used the explosive part to augment mines. Now I can't do that...and that makes me a sad panda :.(
    • Up x 2
  10. drNovikov

That was too smart, and dumb kiddies were whining about you killing them. They whined and emerged victorious.
  11. Niller

Yea because LA should really get a nerf :) the most OP and overused class in the game :p I don't see any reason to nerf LA, but all C4 is going to get nerfed. And im fine with that. If a tank manages to kill a infantry who have placed C4 on your tank, you shouldn't be killed by it as soon as he respawns.
  12. drNovikov

Then a tank should not be able to repair itself as soon as I damage it with my rockets.
  13. DirArtillerySupport

No it was getting silly with the suicide bombing it's just a shame they didn't have a way to do it without affecting a whole other class. Maybe that's what all that C4 sticking to AT and AP mines was all about? Maybe they were attempting to separate the C4 into two separate uses one of which removed the ability for remote detonation?

Either way they nerfed the engineer in the process...now it makes even less sense to get extra carrying capacity for mines...most of the dedicated engineers that place mines will never use the C4 we were forced to cert into just to carry more mines...and it wasn't cheap.
  14. Niller

It repairs so slow if you use the auto repair, i don't really see a problem with that.
  15. Xyphet

Yes but if its something dropped physically in game, you can't see how it shouldn't despawn? So under that logic, Bouncing Betties, Claymores, and all the other Engineer goodies despawn on death too? If you don't want someone flying / running at your Sunderer, Tank, etc and planting things on or near them then, the most logical conclusion to make is that you need to work on positioning.. Infantry shouldn't get screwed anymore than it already has.(Thank you for not hotfixing Prowler splash SOE <3)
    • Up x 1
  16. drNovikov

They just jump out and stay behind their tank, repairing it for zero cost while I have to waste my missles, unable to approach and shoot a tank driver because there is a ton of mozzies and other cowardtanks all over the place.
  17. drNovikov

Positioning is too smart for dumb whiners. But dumb whiners buy stupid helmets and facemasks. So they emerged victorious.
  18. Niller

I don't now what they should do about that, but first thing would be to make the reaver fun to fly, so NC could get air support.
  19. SolLeks

really? you think C4 should not despawn after you die? how is that ballenced. also, what do rockets and repairing have to do with this entire conversation...
  20. drNovikov

Repairs should be turned off tor 15 seonds after vehicle got damaged.