you did what to C4 ?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by makrome, Mar 13, 2013.

1. Epic High Five

Everybody here should get in the habit of saying something like this:

"Sundy under the NE landing pad, who wants to LA ***** it up with me!"

I can spend all day skeet shooting lone wolf LAs trying to C4 a sundy, but 2-3 will destroy it every single time AND it's fun and hilarious because generally at one person will survive (usually the one who didn't detonate and get sundy kill credit) to mop up any dazed survivors.
  2. AngryPlayer

Skill huh? The kind of skill required to throw down some AT mines under stationary vehicles? Or how about the skill you need to put AP mines in doorways or next to generators or cap points?
  3. St0mpy

Yeah I hear you, Im not getting at you buddy, just a bit annoyed a more innovative solution wasnt found.

I thought getting away from BF was a good thing. Now worried theyre going to start messing with PDMs and Tank mines in the same way. If i wanted to play BF3 i still would, but after many years of the BF franchise im sick to death of it and EA as a whole.

Having persistent explosives was such a nice change to that old established way of gaming, kept PS2 kinda unique.
    • Up x 1
  4. Yetskii

Give me a way to remove it, maybe with my Engie gun and it would be fine.
  5. Granicus

putting a range limit of say 20 meters to the detonator would have been a far more fair nerf.
  6. gunfox

They should rather fix that you get zero XP when some random grenade blows up the tank you just strapped 2 C4 on.
    • Up x 1
  7. Belarod

I am fine with this change if:
    1) Reduce the resource costs of C4
    2) Apply this to all other mines as well.
    3) Only despawn at the point of the players respawn, to allow for revives.
    4) If applied to other mines, deactivates the mine until the player is revived.
    • Up x 1
  8. atropatin

>die putting c4 on sundy
    >pull trigger on respawn, as it cant just move away from them

Even if you couldnt post-spawn detonate..

>die putting c4 on sundy
    >a single stray rocket or shell from anywhere kills the sundy

Hell I didnt something similar to this once. Got two c4 on a sundy that had come to ghostcap and got shot down. Rather than detonate it (not a sure kill if any engis around anyway) I just spawned a scythe and flew near the areas waiting for them to finish capping. Did a quick bombing run as the sundy was leaving the base and pulled 10 kills, and they didnt have a single way to stop it.

Its a good change.
    • Up x 1
  9. Granicus

a better solution would have been to put a detonation distance limit of 20 meters and allow for the removal of mines and c4 by the eng tool and increase the arm time for AT mines to 7 seconds
  10. ShayeUK

APM should have this too.
  11. Phyr

Maybe now they can remove the lag between throwing and detonating C4.
  12. Nyldar

Meh.

I really liked using C4 in combination with either type of mine on my engineer.
    With LA I'd just finish off that sundy with UBGL grenades if it isnt blockade armored.

So this feels more like an engineer nerf, since they got more ways of triggering C4 without the actual trigger compared to LAs.

Do not like.
    • Up x 1
  13. TintaBux

One of the best features in the new update, much needed.
  14. SirBurning

Agree
    Make them stay ,but not have a detonator. Also make Engineer able to defuse them.

NO, mines are there to cover area's you can't be in.

What is the point of a APM when it dissapears when you die?
    This would be utterly stupid. Mines should stay after death , ALWAYS. That is the hole purpose of a Mine.
  15. siiix

this game is turning super LAME

its because a bunch of P***S are constantly whining and crying

what ever people just stop buying SC, enjoy the game until it lasts and then just move on... that what i will do

until then use double triple of the amount of nefted equipment just to p**s the crybabies off
    • Up x 1
  16. TeknoBug

Mines and C4 aren't th same thing, mines are triggered by the enemy, C4 is trigglered by YOU so when you die after placing a C4, you can respawn and just switch to the C4 slot and push the button and it'll blow up.
  17. DuckSauce

Not a good change.

Typically when working with a squad I'll drop double C4 on a sunderer and then ask a heavy to rocket it. Now I have to keep myself alive for however long it takes a teammate to get an angle on it. A better change would have been to remove your ability to detonate the C4 yourself after death.

This will have almost no effect on my ability to C4 tanks -- I get 2 C4s down but get killed afterwards maybe one in thirty times.

Mean while, C4 still costs 100 resources as far as we know. Tank mines just became an even better C4 replacement.
  18. Pat Cleburne

I agree with this change. Now people can't suicide to get c4 on a sundy and still get the kill. If you are stopped before detonation now, tough luck.
  19. Laraso

I'm wondering how you are using your C4. Right before the servers went down, I flew over a group of infantry crossing the bridge from TI Alloys to the Crown, dropped my C4, and killed 7 of them.

Shortly before that I flew over a group of infantry sitting behind a rock and killed 8 of them, and got critical kill assists on 4 of them.

And before even that, I used my C4 to kill a sunderer and a MAX.

---

C4 is already very powerful. It is capable of performing the role of both an AT mine and an AI mine. It's a versatile explosive that works against everything.

I mainly play Light Assault and the MAX, and I'm happy about this change. Whenever I'm a MAX, it was always annoying when fighting Light Assaults because they would fearlessly rush up to me knowing full well they were going to die, but somehow manage to stick a brick of C4 right on my face before they died. I was then forced to choose between either redeploying or sitting around waiting like an idiot until the LA respawns and kills me.

In my experience with LA, I feel it is already too easy to kill a MAX (or anything for that matter) with C4 and survive. Perhaps all of you brainless suicide LA players will get hit hard by this, but the game will not have changed much for me.
    • Up x 3
  20. Kujo

Wow. So, let's go over this...

• C4 costs 700 certs to carry 2 bricks
    • Each brick of C4 costs 100 infantry resources
    • Someone else will still get the kill credit if they detonate my C4 before I can press the button
    • Now if I place C4 and die and a medic revives me 5 seconds later, my C4 is gone.
    • 2 C4 doesn't even blow up an uncerted Sunderer. Assuming it was full HP and nothing else hits it, Engineers have 28 seconds to start repairing.
    Meanwhile....

• Tank Mines only cost 100 certs to carry 2 mines
    • Each mine only costs 75 infantry resources
    • Tank Mines(which do more damage than C4) persist after death and don't require the source player to detonate them.
    • 2 Tank Mines will overkill a Sunderer without mine guard.
    How is it any worse that you have C4 on your vehicle and know they'll probably explode soon and you can prepare for that, than to accidentally run over a couple tank mines left by an engineer and instantly blow up?

How about the fact that people have recently been starting to use Tank Mines as AP mines as well? Putting them near true AP Mines inside bases where only infantry can roam. Great at killing a MAX, overkill at killing infantry.

You want to make this change to C4? Then remove the delays between placing it and detonating it. Making my 200 resources go *poof* is not fun. Especially when other similar explosives are so incredibly cheaper.
    • Up x 5