Why play more of *this* VS ?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Haya jii san, Feb 24, 2013.

1. Prodigal

Says the TR. To be honest, I never had anything against TR since NC are my despised faction. But TR since a few weeks have become ridiculously OP. Your Prowlers (HE) are OP, your weapons have smaller CoF than us (although VS are supposed to be the high-precision faction), and we actually dont have AI MAXes.

Hence, the statement: "xxx cant compete if their toys are not OP" has to be returned to you TR.
  2. TheRealMetalstorm

i take it that you meant pre-GU2. also, check this awesome graph out.

Y axis: # of MBTs pulled per day.
    T axis: time.
    [IMG]
    ▉ Prowler - Vanguard - ▉ Magrider

Source: https://twitter.com/mhigby/status/303931878451326976
    Data > Opinions an conjectures.
    Agreed! Graphs for HA vs HA, ESF vs ESF, MBT vs MBT, for example, should be relatively flat. 0.1-0.3 differences in KDR would be just fine. You'll find that in many highly competitive fps games, a KDR above 1.5 is considered "very skilled".
    Anyway - something you said about more magriders than prowlers or vanguards? Lol, /thread again.

Graph says you're more or less on par with prowlers and vanguards. The difference is much more minute than the difference pre-patch. You're just getting used to your empire having a close to 1 kdr on average in a tank.
    [/quote]
    They're not identical in weapon functionality. The prowler has a double shot with recoil, the magrider SARON has zero dropoff. But they're identical in terms of advantage - all the advantages and disadvantages cancel out nicely, and even out to an average 1.0kdr.
    [/quote]
    I agree that prowlers are minutely better at killing other tanks right now, BUT this SLIGHT advantage is WAY less than the advantage the magrider had pre-patch.

Clarification: Check out the bottom left graph. At first, purple towers WAY over the top of red and blue. Now, post patch, Red just tiptoes ever so slightly over purple, while blue and purple are roughly matched. I'd say it's balanced now.

End.
  3. TeknoBug

I disagree on a few parts:

Weapons- everyone knows the Orion is the go-to HA gun but I myself use the VX29 Polaris, and the H-V45 can save your butt when you get jumped as a medic and the new SMG... wow
    Pistols- The Beamer is the best
    MAX- they dominate at long-mid range and can still do well at close range when it's not against NC MAXs. TR MAXs are the ones that need help but perhaps the lockdown will change that.

Now onto the Magrider, I rarely ever drive it but last night I did and driving from the Palasades up a small hill to the Galaxy solar plant... well I couldn't even go up that tiny hill while I watched a couple Flashes and Sundy go up that same part but when I tried it was like the Magrider was too fat to fit as I got immediately stopped. This is odd because I remember being able to go up that same spot in a Vanguard some time ago.
  4. TheRealMetalstorm

https://twitter.com/mhigby/status/303586310520713217
    in case you dont know what he meant by being able to test both back-to-back, he can spawn and despawn vehicles at will.
  5. Kurohagane

Uh, constructive feedback does not mean positive feedback. It means the feedback is justified and with reason.
    • Up x 3
  6. Zer0range

True.

The Magrider is still crap. Even the Lightning is better.
    • Up x 3
  7. Idono

They are marginally better at long and medium ranges wich makes the difference. You can atleast kill people past close range engagements wich makes all the difference in the world.
  8. TheRealMetalstorm

Magrider is not ****. It's equal.
    [IMG]
  9. CommodoreFrank

What lore are you reading? The condensed version of the lore is that the TR and NC were at war with each other over their beliefs on government, and the Vanu decided they need to join in and kill both of them. They're the furthest from the good guys of all three factions. At least the TR and NC are both in a grey area with both sides having positive aspects. The Vanu are just insane and genocidal. If anything, the TR and NC should wipe them out and then settle their squabble after.

Basically, they're Catholicism in the times of the Crusades. You don't believe in our alien god race? Well, you can't live on our holy planet anymore.
  10. Zaik

This is the state of complaining on these forums right here ladies and gentlemen.

Prowlers and Magriders have identical front, side, and top armor values. Magriders may or may not have very slightly weaker rear armor, but it is not enough to make a prowler survive one shot of anything AV that a Magrider wouldn't from the rear.
  11. †Ashley†

Actually Vanu were scientists that managed to escape the technology cover up done by the TR. Vanu and NC agreed peace but then NC later declared war on them because they don't like evolving. Genocidal? Where did that come from? Vanu want to retake the planet to have full access to the technology to use it to improve peoples lives. o-o NC just want war because hur dur freedoms.
    • Up x 1
  12. Thardus

People keep asking them to make the game more like Planetside 1. Almost everything the Vanu have being UP? Looks about right.
  13. Zer0range

It's not equal, it's worse, and to requote the point:

14. TheRealMetalstorm

No! What are you talking about.

At first there was peace. A violent, oppressive peace, but it was peace nonetheless.

Then came an idea of freedom and more freedom which grew into the NC.

And then the war raged on. Freedom vs Equality.

SUDDENLY, VANU.

Dammit vanu we are having a war over here.
  15. Vikarius

I have outlined a change to the mag that would solve this and bring it more in line but it never gets feedback and gets buried to page 2 within 1 hr.

I say the key lies in changing the magburner. Changing it from a afterburner to a "juke"
    As you say, the magriders current strafe speeds allow it to dodge non lockon AV rockets. Ok good.
    Now change the magburner to be a very low duration INSTANT burst of speed in whatever direction the magrider is strafing, low cooldown.
    Cert blocks spent reduce the cooldown. I was thinking something like 2s duration, 24s cooldown. Full cert blocks bring this down to 10s cooldown. In theory, since it would only use the full 2s duration if the ability button was held down, if the user only used 1s of the speed burss juke, 1s would be left but un-usable, instead that leftover 1s from the duration would reduce the cooldown remaining by 1s.

I go agree however what he said about the traction and fixed main gun. The traction of the magrider needs to be fixed so if you are not pressing any movement key and the incline is anything but serious, the magrider should be perfectly still. Just like you can argue the Prowler/Vanguard have a parking brake, the mags hover technology can auto compensate for any of these inclines. I will also say the magriders hover height should be increased slightly uncerted, and certable you should be able to increase it more then you can currently.

When you start arguing about this faction and that faction being OP or UP, you loose ALL merit when you start throwing around reasoning like : Bullet drop
    You, the user can EASILY compensate for bullet drop. You, the user CANNOT compensate for damage difference, and RoF difference, and even magazine size. You the user can EASILY compensate for recoil and bloom. Think before you type.

I mainly play infiltrator, I got my vanu infiltrator completely certed out to what I want, now I am working on my NC and TR. It would certainly behoove the NC and TR faction loyalists to try and find a way to give the magrider what it deserves, by finding compromise, you should be playing the game for a challenge anyway. Otherwise you may find the vanu eventually banding together in protest by only equipping HE on their tank across all servers just to skew higbys stats like they were before, and claim complete uselessness of the magrider so it will get buffed anyway.
  16. Ztiller

What part of MBT vs MBT are you failing to comprehend?
  17. TeknoBug

Yes IIRC from Planetside 1, the VS were the invaders while TR and NC were going at each others' throats.
  18. †Ashley†

http://planetside.wikia.com/wiki/Vanu_Sovereignty

Third paragraph.
  19. SlingBlade

[IMG]
    You proved the wrong point. TR is now slightly better in MBT vs MBT yet they kept their 2x effectiveness against infantry. With the bullet velocity buff and the very high angle they can get on their tank it's also much better at warding off ESF's with the main cannon, especially compared to the magrider. It has a low angle fixed gun so the esf can see exactly which way the turret is facing from far away and can hover pretty close to the magrider and laugh as it shoots under it.

Prowler has a slight edge in MBT vs MBT
    Prowler has twice the effeciveness vs infantry compared to other MBT's
    Prowler is the best anti Air tank with the main cannon & the vulcan can do anti air/tank/infantry

You fail at trying to prove that things are now equal between the MBT's. Combine this with the fact that TR has a big population advantage on all but one server and you see why VS population keeps declining.
    • Up x 5
  20. adrienger

You should not count it as 10 more bullets but 25 to 100% more bullets depending of the weapon... That's a whole different story !
    Reload speed only becomes handy when your first target is dead an you are going to the next one. It's overated.
    • Up x 1