Scat/HackMAX balance suggestion - from an NC player

Discussion in 'MAX' started by Phaze, Feb 20, 2013.

1. Devrailis

Personally I have no problem with fully certed (and skilled) MAXes requiring some coordination to take down. Where I fully agree with you is that TR and VS MAXes don't seem to require that level of commitment, and I think they should. This is one of the reasons why I fully support buffing both TR and VS MAXes. Their weapons need some love.

And for the love of god, please don't let the TR MAX get an anchor mode. Just give him the damn RoF buff without having to self-nerf his own mobility, it's not like he's not already giving up a mobility option to... oh wait, he is. Derp.
    • Up x 2
  2. MGP

I think i'm in love.
  3. Olek

I don't think increasing the small arms resistance of the MAX units is the answer to MAX vs MAX combat, the scale of damage output between the Factions would still be the same, so instead of an NC MAX taking two seconds to destroy a TR or VS MAX, it may take 4 seconds.
    On the other end of the scale, it currently takes just under 10 seconds for a TR or VS MAX to bring down a NC MAX, increasing the small arms resist would only increase that 10 seconds to 20 seconds, using the above NC MAX formula.

All I am asking for myself, being a TR MAX player, is that I have some chainguns, not some weapons the TR scientists stole from a civil war museum and mounted on a MAX.
    I don't care if I have double the wait timer, I don't care if I pay double the resources.
  4. MrK

Then NC MAX needs to get dual SAW on its arms.
    You conveniently forget that your proposal would give TR and VS MAX potential at ANY range while NC MAX would be restricted to very close range. How cute....
  5. DeltaGun

I have yet to fight this mythical "Medium" range engagement vs a Scatmax. They always engage indoors or simply use their boost ability to close the distance instantly. Had one excellent Scatmax player the other day boosting around owning everyone in under a second TK time while OUTSIDE. Both sides were laughing about it in chat about how ridiculous it was that VS could do nothing while this guy killed our whole squad twice over before he was finally taken out.

With the combination of instant TK time and super boost speed, it felt the same as if we were fighting a hacker. It was really funny, can't wait till they nerf it (and Higby will nerf it).
  6. MrK

Aww, definitely. It's too bad the beta boards have disappeared, I would have quoted my opinion on balancing factions based on range. To me, a DUMB idea.
    But proposing that TR/VS should be ScatMAX with range because you hate having dealt with OP Scat for months isn't smart either.
  7. DeltaGun

Well good thing I never once mentioned any of that in my post.
  8. MrK

Thought you were replying to me, about MGP proposal
  9. Olek

The Scatt is already a much better weapon than the Infantry AI special weapon, the TR MAX's weapons are far from it..

But I will agree on your other point, making a MAX really good at medium range also makes it really good at short range.
    Still, even if the TR Mercy was firing at double it's current speed, the NC MAX would still drop it much faster in CQC.

I suggest bringing the TR "chainguns" up to the rate of fire of the T7 Mini chaingun, and lowering the accuracy so anything beyond medium range is luck, keep the mag sizes the same as they are now so people cannot just go stupid with them.

Even at nearly double the rate of fire, it would take the mercy more than double the time to drop a NC MAX as it does for the NC MAX to drop me, so you keep your CQC edge.

The VS MAX needs more damage, no damage drop off, better accuracy and the same rate of fire so that they are better at range, but at a disadvantage at medium and close.
  10. MrK

Just asking, why balancing AI MAX around their ability to kill other MAXes?
  11. y3ivan

playing as a VS HA , i had more problems TR MAX dual weilding Mercy of doom than NC MAX scattercannon. It could mow down nearly a squad of infantry at 30m before reloading. NC Max could only kill 3-4 guys before reloading, giving us an ample time to shoot back.

However i do admit that, TR MAX default loadout is crap, much like VS MAX. While NC MAX gets a good loadout at the start and having horrible choice if your planing to do dedicated AI role. Look at what they did to jokehammer.
  12. MGP

Very close range?! My a$$ is very close range!

And VS and TR maxes are nowhere near that efective at medium and long ranges as NC is at close range.
  13. Olek

My reason is because most MAX's have little difficulty against infantry, but it's the MAX vs MAX debate that seems to be the biggest argument, I'm only trying to throw in a possible solution.
    Air is balanced against air, tanks are balanced against other tanks, why not MAX's against other MAX's?
  14. Ubikuuu

Just increase MAX resistence against small arms fire.

This gives us:
    - The much needed MAX resilience buff.
    - ScatMAXes will not instantly disintegrate other MAXes in CQC.

While:
    - ScatMAXes would still win MAX Vs MAX engagements in CQC by a large margin, as intended.
    - ScatMAXes would still dominates regular infantry in CQC, as intended.
  15. Dreadnaught Wrex

Make my cyclers dual mini gatling guns.....
    • Up x 1
  16. Amrok1

And make my Nebulas dual Lashers. (Seriously, give us Lashers on our Maxes)

Just remember everyone, the Devs have the Data and if the recent tank changes are any hint, they will nerf the NC AI Maxes, over buff either the TR or VS Max, and the remaining Max will barely change. Then they will clap their hands and say "Balaaaaaaaaanccccccced".
    • Up x 1
  17. Vreki

IMHO there is a simple solution:
    1. Make MAX more resistant to infantry weapons
    2. Give the AV MAXES a secondary firemode that actually make them usable for close quarters MAX destruction.
    The ScatMax will still melt infantry, but now you should be able to use charge to your own advantage and murder it with an AV MAX.
  18. Dreadnaught Wrex

Well the recent tank changes they nerfed the magrider slightly and buffed the other two. But to be honest, the NC MAX basically has two jack hammers. Why cant I have dual mini gatling guns? or at least give my cyclers 600 RPM and a 100 round mag without ******* up the reload time or giving me half damage.
    • Up x 1
  19. Devrailis

Funny thing is, aren't they supposed to be dual-miniguns? At the moment, cyclers just feel like all mini and no gun.
  20. SKYHEX

Well, how about we keep the hackymax as it is and reduce the ******** CoF bloom on TR and VS AI weapons? NC max = biolab menace; TR max = courtyard kill machine; VS max = long range head popper. I mean, the AV comets are excellent example of nailing infantry far, FAR away. If they were bullets instead, it would be PERFECT. And chaaaaainguns should be used to sweep the perimeter for death at mid range.

MAX-to-MAX combat? Get AV weapons for duking that out. (provided the AV weaponry actualy gets better :/)