[Rant (Short)] Sad side of Miller

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Duff_Chimp, Feb 12, 2013.

1. stalkish

Lolpods?
  2. Hyperz

I was playing this evening and morning (game makes me forget to sleep sometimes) and honestly, what was happening was not a NC or VS playing "dirty" thing but a direct result of both empires having twice our population % at that time in a very low overall population scenario. It's perfectly fine at normal times and population #'s (anyone witnessed the massive TR vs VS standoff at Crossroads Watchtower a few hours ago? Glorious <3).
  3. stalkish

OMG its a GAME get over it ffs. Cant believe what ive read in this thread.
  4. allattar

Id rather stick it up yours.

But seriously I'm posting on my phone too. Predictive garbage does my head in at times.
  5. Duff_Chimp

You like playing games? I like playing games, the thing i like most is winning. If i'm not winning i wonder to myself why aren't I winning. Sometimes the answer is i'm sucking, other times hideously out numbered. I can accept these things. I don't accept the fact that people can play this game, against the spirit of competition and fairness.

Your NC i would expect you to understand this more than the Vanu would.
  6. stalkish

Winning? Im british we care not for such things.
    Lol in all seriousness they are playing the game to win aswel, what is 'morally acceptable' is questionable at best since everyone has a diff set of morals. Plus alot of what you describe is inteneded gameplay so its the devs you should be aiming your frustration at, not the guys who just 'want to win' as you put it.
  7. Yawnn

We all know that there is only one winner on Miller, me!
    I do agree with u duff_chimp, I play because I wanna have fun, and winning is fun. But remember.. if VS and NC didnt get to cap their continents during night, they would all quit since they're to bad to cap prime time, meaning that we would have no one left to win against...over...and over again.

I mean the only reason Goon Brigade exists is because we like winning, and we win all the time. Remove that factor and we would have to **** off to another game to own :/
  8. Siilk

So, in other words, "I AM ONLY UAN HOO CAN KILL AIR WITH ANTI-GROUND WEAPONS DURR!!!11 :mad:"

Again, as I said, you made up a code of conduct for this game and for some inexplicable reason expect other people to follow it. People will not do that, deal with it. ;)
  9. COMMANDER K33N

OP: "Boohoo, I can't hit people when they jump and I refuse to do it because I think it makes me a smarter person"

Use whatever you can to win. Bunnyhopping doesn't even exist in this game; The more times you jump, the more your movement is impeded. I hope to god you never play Quake if you can't deal with jumping.
  10. Duff_Chimp

sigh @ people taking rants so seriously. I was raging, but surely you have issues with games or this game in particular in which you think shouldn't be there. Bunnyhopping and liberators that dogfight better than ESFs are two of mine. ******* deal with it.

Please refer to what i said earlier about the definition of the term, in the strictest definition what i see in this game isn't bunnyhopping. But seeing as its the only available term to describe what they are doing, that's the one i use. Give me a better term and i'll use it. My opinion is that whilst jumping you shouldn't be able to fire or aim your gun, you can't when you sprint so why the **** would it be any easier to use a gun whilst jumping. Common sense.
  11. Duff_Chimp

If your lucky you may kill 2 people with one entire salvo. When fully certed you get 6 salvos. 12 people with one full set of ammo before you have to resupply. Now compare that with a liberator....

Given the liberator has at least 4 times as much health as an esf, you can perhaps begin to see the differences?
  12. shakkar

the really sad part about miller is that everyday, the same time the massive tr zerg grows (not onyl tr i know, but they are the megazerg everyday) .. seems like its easier to hide in a megazerg as a cheater... ( and many of them are br60+!!) .. its a shame..
    you can report them everyday... you can blame them everyday for aimboting, warping and killing ppl through walls but guess what...
    nothing happens.
    we really need a name and shame thread, hell - we need a name and shame kill list... if sony isnt able to bann these guys, we - the player - should kill/teamkill them whenever they logg on.

btw, kill those ******* bunnyhopperbastards too... again, most bunnyhoppers seems to be on tr side.
    im not very surprised about..
    what can you expect when someone is calling himself K33n...
    cod generation ftw..
  13. IronWarrior

Mostly TR owns Miller at night... moslty.
  14. Flag

See, people take you seriously because of
    1) the way you worded your post and
    2) because you come across as a wee bit entitled in said posts
    Also, with the multi-quotes and posting from your phone.
    No-one(except you it seems) demands instant replies from participants of a so far mostly civil discussion, so you can wait for when you're at a desktop/laptop before your reply.
    Anyway.

I spoke to the Lib Pilot that's probably the one you're referring to in your original post, and according to him a good ESF pilot will beat him every time(especially if it's a mozzie). If you cert your mozzie to the extent his Lib is certed(almost full on everything he has on it), the only reason he'll beat you is that you're not good enough. It is, unfortunately, how it works. If you meet a better player, you'll probably lose.

And how would you decide who's to go on the list?
    To use the aforementioned sideways-going liberators' pilot, would you name and shame him for that? Because according to how Duff-Chimp worded his plethora of posts, the answer would be yes according to him.
    Which is just ridiculous.

Besides, I haven't looked at the forum code of conduct or terms of usage as of late, but there's probably a clause about naming and shaming... in that it shouldn't happen. Probably.
    • Up x 1
  15. COMMANDER K33N

• Up x 1
  16. GamerOS

17. Duff_Chimp

I was merely stating it was opinion and not to be taken so seriously. Unfortunately most forum dwellers do take other peoples opinions as a personal affront. I have certed a great deal into my mosquito and consider myself a decent pilot. I have plenty of kills which mostly consist of air. If I see a liberator I make it a priority given the death they can deal out.

What use is the role of an ESF (pretty sure s stand for superiority) if it can't take down air, irregardless of how skilled the liberator pilot is. The truth is that a well certed liberator with half decent pilots can mop the floor with similarly decent ESF pilot.

I've been taken out with one direct with a dalton before. Even being used to fighting libs like these for a while. It is still very hard to take one down given the amount of damage I inflict compared to the amount the can inflict on me. I spend far more time trying to avoid their attacks then they do of mine.
  18. COMMANDER K33N

Empire Specific Fighter.

Have you... you know... thought about the possibility that you're just not very good at the game?
  19. Flag

If you don't want to make people reply in this fashion, don't use semi-insults or the like. The fact of the matter is that saying it's a rage-rant is not an excuse to say whatever you like. If people feel like they're the target of the rant they'll probably reply to defend themselves. Or to call out some BS that came along

Moreover, if you can't handle libs in your ESF, then you're bad. As recent as yesterday I was roaming together with the sideways-flying lib pilot, and in between the suicidal ESF pilots that's easy pickings with a dalton, there's a very good one here and there. And they usually shot us down or did enough damage to warrant a retreat on our part(if you missed the point, that is -ONE- ESF with -ONE- player chasing off a lib with -TWO- people in it-).

Unfortunately, that means you're probably not good enough to stand toe to toe with the best liberator pilots/gunners.

Which brings me to the conclusion that you're just a bit b*tthurt that you got outplayed by a better player.
    (and to keep things clear, the sideways-flying lib pilot isn't me. I'm the gunner in this case)
    • Up x 1
  20. Duff_Chimp

What is a semi-insult? Haha, your not quite erect? Haha, you didn't make it all the way to final?

I only get ******** when worse players get one over on me using cheese/glitchy/exploitative methods. It's getting to the point where i can't revenge kill them with c4 equipped galaxies anymore there is too many of them.