how long do tank mines last?

Discussion in 'Engineer' started by Inzababa, Feb 11, 2013.

1. Inzababa

I noticed that if I die, they are still there.

However, I also noticed that after a while they were gone without them hving blown up anyone. So, assuming that no one found them, does anyone know how long they stay active?
  2. Shiaari

Until you log off. They persist even if you change classes.
    • Up x 1
  3. Inzababa

really?

even if I play ALL DAY? seriously?
  4. Shiaari

Yep.
  5. Inzababa

sweet :)

6. Shiaari

Bear in mind if you log out for any reason, or get kicked/disconnected... your mines disappear.
  7. biterwylie

Also remember that you can only utilise two items spawned at a time. If you lay two mines, then set up a mana turret the 1st mine you layed will disappear. If you set up another mana turret, the second mine you layed will disappear.
  8. DeadLamb

that can't be right being you can have 3 or more mines out (depending on your load out) and a couple of AP mines out and all will just stay around until they are blown up. Unless the Mana counts as something different? I've never even heard of it making mines go away. Why would it?

I guess this is easy to test in game.
  9. Shiaari

Negative. You can deploy as many as you can carry. If you can carry 2 tank mines, then you can deploy 2 tank mines. You can go back and load up 2 proximity mines and deploy those as well; the tank mines remain. You can then go back and load up on C4... and even deploy those as well; your other deployables remain on the field.

If deploying a turret causes a deployed mine to disappear then it is a bug.
    • Up x 2
  10. Inzababa

hmm that's another question, how many mines can I put down?

is there a limit?

edit : ie go back and get more tank mines then go back and get more and totally mine the **** out of the bridge ;)
  11. y3ivan

the limit is according to amount of mines you stockpile, thats 40, if you couldnt figure it out.
  12. Inzababa

that doesn't make sense ..
  13. Rusky

Does anyone know what happens if you switch continents ? I assume they would disappear then.
  14. Compass

The limit to mines is how many you can carry max. I assume this is at the time you deploy them. So if you have Utility Belt to hold 4 mines, you can deploy 4 mines. The fifth mine replaces the first. I am not sure what happens when you equip Utility, drop 4, and unequip, but I am pretty sure the mines do not vanish.

Players have reported anecdotal evidence that mines stay cross-continent.
    • Up x 1
  15. Inzababa

so much ******** on these forums...

I double checked now and tested in game :

the limit in mines is 3

THREE

if you put any more pon the ground, the previous ones dissapear.
    • Up x 2
  16. Shiaari

I don't have any evidence --thanks in-game video recorder-- but I dropped a proxy mine on a tower near our Esamir warp gate, left for Indar, came back... it was gone.

I must conclude mines do not persist through continent changes.
  17. Khyrin

You can put down as many mines you can carry, if you can carry one mine, you can put one down, when you can carry two, you can put two down, if you try to put a third one down, the first disappears. That counts for AA, AI and C4 as far as i know. Every counter is independant of other mines, so you can plant two AT and two AI mines and carry two AP mines with you after restocking at a terminal/AMS-Sundy
  18. Shiaari

No, the limit is the number you can carry... I just tested this out... again. If you can carry 3 mines then you can deploy 3 mines. I haven't tested this beyond 3, because I can only carry 2, but if you can carry more than 3 you should be able to deploy them.
  19. Inzababa

edit :

oh wait a second, I read what you wrote too fast.

Look, I can carry 3 and if I put 4 down, the first one I layed dissapears.

Conclusion, maximum = 3

Now if you can carry 2 and the first one dissapears if you put a 3rd one down, then that's fine.

Point is, you can NOT put more than 3 anyway.
  20. Inzababa

oh wait a second, I read what you wrote too fast.

Look, I can carry 3 and if I put 4 down, the first one I layed dissapears.

Conclusion, maximum = 3

Now if you can carry 2 and the first one dissapears if you put a 3rd one down, then that's fine.

Point is, you can NOT put more than 3 anyway.