Smarten up TR, Miller

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Duff_Chimp, Feb 4, 2013.

1. Duff_Chimp

Just to clarify, the main reason i posted was to put across my general frustrations with the TR community as a whole. Not to badmouth any particular outfit, but to demonstrate that as far as organised outfit ops go, Vanu and NC are streets ahead of us. I'm not saying this won't change as the community matures.

Now i consider myself to have a fairly tactical brain, and consider a lot of decisions by the TR hierarchy to badly flawed. I don't have access to command channel but Homicide does. It seems TR are very stuck in their ways and don't adapt or respond to situations as they occur.

Ultimately unless your rolling air and tanks out 24/7 or you suck so bad that you can't keep one alive for any length of time. The infantry bonus HAS to be the best bonus to have all of the time. Surely everyone uses grenades, med kits, c4, mines to some or a total degree? Since the GU2 i have been struggling to keep my infantry resources, they are always spent, and i'm always low on grenades, c4 and mines.

Any excuses with regards to Indar are pathetic, the VS held that continent for the vasy majority of the time since the game was released and now they are supposedly in the worst warpgate. I just fail to see why we are generally getting hammered so hard on Indar it seems we are now fighting a renewed NC and a still fairly strong Vanu on both fronts. It feels that TR outfits don't do anything to mitigate this, mostly leaving it to pugs to sort out.

Is it any wonder that we are regularly without a facility, no resources to spend, penned in by NC and VS. Sure perhaps they aren't cooperating but i don't see NC advancing on Vanu warpgate that often. Also Vanu are fairly content to let the NC control the top half of the map for the most apart. A luxury they never afforded us.

Just to say i have been in many guilds/outfits over the years and even been very competitive in the past. I'm principally in this game to have fun, which also includes having good friends, good banter and winning. No offence but the few times i ever logged BRTD i could fall asleep whilst playing. Just imagine how you might play Halo, with your friends around on the sofa with you. That's the kind of mumble i would log and play on.

Edit: Lol, i just turned BR 0 today...

Actually 50 and i do spend a lot of time on Esamir and Amerish compared to Indar atm, mostly down to lack of resources and also that the current trend of zerging on Indar is bullet like to the crown and get backcapped. Until we have no territory.
  2. FightingFirst

The thing that irritates me is when you see one of our continents about to be retaken because we have a low pop on it only to look at the other continents we dont hold and see a large chunk of our forces there. Would be nice to defend the continents we actually have before gallivanting off to others.
    FF
  3. desktop

But the TR hierarchy IS its outfit leaders, a dig at them is a dig at the outfit they belong to. also the two times you logged on mumble what time was it? i doubt it was BRTD prime time.
  4. Lakora

First off towards KarmaNC... There's a simple explanation to your reports, currently there are 4 factions... NC, TR, VS and Conz. I'm actually surprised you didn't mention SoV after yesterdays FNO where they said they have contact with a former WASP officer on steam. Ops did I say that? D: We must be corrupted.

Anyway back on topic
    Even you as a TR should know the answer to that one... If possible personally I prefer fighting TR since it's than on close to equal terms of combat while fighting Vanu... Well considering the amount of posts in general about Vanu weaponry it's not a secret. xD
  5. Duff_Chimp

When is prime time for BRTD? What exactly gets done in your prime times? The videos i've seen are mostly quads, conga lines and a long line of peeps sucking Vanu ****, no wait the other way round... Vanu sucking TR ****. Middle-aged and repressed springs to mind.
  6. MinorDetail

TR community towards the NC community right now seems like a blast in my oppinion. Scroll back and see the posts of KarMa to actually know what effect we got in the NC. We got so many good outfit's on the NC and alot of them work well together, but some outfit's have a grudge against the others and can't let it go. And you get potty-mouthing on streams/forums, in /order, in /yell, and even resulting in teamkilling, and I have been enough on the battlefield to see lots of teamkilling happening between a fued of two outfits.

So if you want we could trade! ^.^
  7. Rolfski

Can we stop all this outfit smack talking please? Outfits are not the issue here (BRTD is fine, so are the other outfits), the new map flow on Indar should be the topic.

Because let's face it: There's no denying that Indar has become even more a bitcch to take than pre-patch. Look at Ti Alloys for instance, the new spawn room design and cap point location almost makes it play like a mini-Crown now.

So yes, any faction that wants to take Indar prime time on Miller (and other servers), good luck to them. Just don't expect TR to do as well on Indar as VS did at that warpgate. It's a new ball game now and outfits are not the reason, map flow is.
  8. Johnnyseven

To be honest Indar has always been my favorite map, now more so than ever as its easier to see all parts of it from NC's new warpgate.

The only part of Indar I have a problem with is The Crown, its just a sinkhole imo. Fighting around the crown and down either side of the map is great for me, the southwestern section of the map is probably my favorite as it has plenty of terrain cover meaning a more balanced fight between infantry and vehicles across the entire map rather than infantry in bases and vehicles everywhere else.

I don't concern myself with "taking" the continent so much as I try and find a good fight.
  9. Arquin

I honestly fail to see the problem, TR has the highest population on the server and VS are basically fighting tooth and nail to hold what little they have on Indar. If anything, the population needs to be balanced.

(See last night)
  10. Duff_Chimp

The map isn't the problem, people are the problem. Other servers have other factions control Indar, we have controlled Indar in the past, briefly. Vanu are currently sitting at the worst warpgate, and yet they still have control. Excuses excuses and more excuses. I challenge TR to man up and take Indar. Or at the very least deny Vanu that bonus, they have had for too long.

Personally speaking the only thing that has changed since the rotation is that NC now play on Indar, its not a 2- way fight anymore. But it is fastly becoming that again with TR sitting on the fence constantly. Just explain to me how Vanu seemed to profit from the warpgate we have, and now we have it. IT is like a curse or something? Just stating that some aspect of Vanu technology makes them OP, i'm tired of hearing that BS. They die just as easy as everyone else.

Edit: I'm not saying any TR outfit is bad, just ineffective. I've accomplished more in a small group than most outfits seem to. If you look at my stats i do a lot of defense, making life difficult for enemy zergs/platoons is a hobby of mine. A few men can accomplish great deeds with a little skill and creativity. Outfits should do SO much more.
  11. MrK

From the outside, TR seems fine on Miller
  12. SharpeShooter

hahaha youre having a-go at are videos now lol? Every Monday we have an outfit event called "Monday Madness" where we gather are members and do something... mad and fun. You would ofc know this if you had actually played with BRTD.
  13. desktop

You should of just played with the outfit instead of watching a video of monday night madness. Then you wouldn't need to ask that and maybe you wouldnt of made a fool of yourself on the official forums.

just sayin.
  14. Cortosis

lol TR and NC arguing over who is worse <3 you guys!
  15. MinorDetail

Hahaha, don't get us started on you easy-mode VS! Hehehehe.

But on a serious note, it's sad that this thread even exists, and some comments made did more harm to people than good.
  16. Cortosis

Pfft NC weapons since GU2 are insane and Carv's can still snipe people around 50 meters on semi so dont give me that :p

But yea this thread is sooo funny all the b-hurt everywhere XD
  17. ISKNausicaa

Now we could say that last night was a concerted effort of both the NC and TR to rid us poor Vanu of our rightful Indar benefit, to the point they actively avoided attacking each other, up until felspar canyon, then their uneasy alliance fell apart.
  18. Cortosis

would of paid good money to see the /yells when the TR started attacking the NC just before we got all most warpgated XD
  19. MinorDetail

Meh, the good fights started when FNO hit Miller. Everything before then was just child's play! xD
  20. Rolfski

Maybe you're right, people might indeed be the problem, the few ones that apparently got frustrated in some outfit that are now whining and hanging out their laundry on the forum that is. Start walking the talk and organize your own big conquests if you think you can do it better.

Because I play on Connery, Mattherson and Miller and I can honestly say that TR are not a problem at all on Miller. TR performs well on Connery and Miller and worse on Mattherson and even that doesn't say anything because there isn't any incentive to play a decent metagame atm and big TR outfits like TE on Mattherson refuse to do so.

You just want make it appear that there are problems, apparently out of some personal frustration. If you have a problem with any outfit or certain people, I strongly suggest you be a man about it and contact these people in person and talk things out. Because hanging out your personal dirty laundry doesn't exactly make your arguments convincing that the other people are the problem and not you.