When the heck are they gonna fix the Heavy Weapons?

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by GImofoJoe, Jan 29, 2013.

1. GImofoJoe

Stats:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AuOojvNLMApVdEtIU1NKenEzNzZOSWNaanFqSUVxLWc&gid=12

Jackhammer: worse DPS than other shotguns
    T7 MCG - only 50 rpm faster than the t9 carv, but suffer .75 sec pre spin and lousy accuracy.
    Lasher - it takes 14 bullets to kill and projectile is slow. (the worse of all 3)

Heavy weapons suppose to have the deadliest killing power compare to other guns, these guns are worse than regular guns.

Make my $$ worth. If you won't make it superior than default guns, at least make it comparable killing power.

[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  2. Bill Hicks

they shouldn't be superior.

Basically this game is a modern warfare shooter, and modern warfare games suffer from the guns being too similar due to the low TTk.
    This means that many guns will simply be bad for the rest of the life of the game. If they buff the guns they become overpowered.

This is why I love TF2 weapons. They have so much variety without having to please modern warfare gamers. remember the difference between unreal tournament weapons?
    • Up x 3
  3. Hawkins

They should move those Faction specific weapons in the Launcher Slot so you could carry one of them instead of the Rocketlauncher. And yes the Jackhammer needs some love. Lasher is fine as a Area Denial weapon, but only if you can carry a "real" LMG as backup. As for the Minigun, just get rid of the spinup time and it is at least somewhat usefull.
    • Up x 6
  4. Vinyasa

i love love love this idea! Send that to higby or somebody who can make it so!
  5. Takoita

The real problem with MCG (IMHO) is slow projectile speed. You need to lead your targets as if you are a burster MAX. It is surprisingly effective against low-altitude ESF though.
  6. SharpLight

And yet Higby tweeted that it was "by far" the best performing ES heavy weapon!

Stop looking at the stats to prove that this or that gun is "the worse" (or alternatively drawing crude pictures in Paint to prove that the Magrider is not OP). What counts is how the weapon performs in-game and not the stats.
  7. PaperPlanes

Lasher is fine as an area denial weapon, but you forget "area denial" is not a concept that really matters in PS2. Why would you "deny an area" with the Lasher when you can use so many other weapons to outright kill the people instead of making them cower? We have all sorts of explosions and high powdered weaponry available that can just end the problem rather than temporarily suppressing it.
  8. PaperPlanes

Haha, everytime I see a Magrider QQer I already know the post is going to be full of wrong.
    • Up x 1
  9. MrK

Lasher is awesome on its own way, the one VS buy I don't regret! Ofc, it would be really viable as a replacement for rocket launcher instead of LMG slot, but as of now, it's imho the most viable ESHA because it has a purpose other standard weapons do not have (splash damage, hipfire accuracy)
  10. UnDeaD_CyBorG

Like.... Rifle Grenades?
  11. ThElement078

Please don't complain about your MCG, I used it in beta and it was a BEAST. The other heavy weapons do need buffs though...
  12. GImofoJoe

It's not beta anymore, did you try it recently? They nerfed it.
  13. Mefi

He said that HA with Lasher kills more per life/equip. That what you should expect from weapon that used against groups of people. It also has advantage of indirect damage that allows you to stay in safe position and it distract enemies that haven't seen you since they see damage indicator is showing wrong direction. And it also steals kills.
    Basically it's more safe weapon than MGC and not trash like JH.

If you want to do something similar then you need really great luck (and you have to pray for good rendering distance of course).
    • Up x 1
  14. Blitzkrieg

Quite amusing the amount of outfit mates who kept saying how bad the Lasher was, and didn't know why I used it. Until they saw me smash my way through a group of people using it.

To be flat out honest with the Lasher, it isn't that good. As an actual weapon it's pretty mediocre, trying to win a 1v1 with it is really difficult. However I think it's one of weapons that's really fun in the game. I enjoy using it, and I love it when you get a group of people not paying attention it's that much sweeter.
    But its main problems are its combination of a slow projectile speed, low rate of fire and the direct damage not being enough to compensate the other two factors. They should either bring the damage up to 200 direct, or up the rate of fire and projectile speed if they don't buff the direct damage. The splash is ok on it, it either needs the damage to go up slightly or the radius increased, one or the other again.
    I will say though if I went 1 on 1 with a MCG with a Lasher, I would never win unless that player was pants on head ********. But that doesn't mean the MCG is good, it just seems like an LMG that spews a few more bullets and being nothing different, at least with the Lasher it's very different to the LMG's.

The Jackhammer, well there's a reason it's known as the Jokehammer, that thing needs a serious buff, which says a lot because I hate shotguns and would have them removed from the game if I had my way, and even I think this thing needs serious attention.

All in all, they all need to be buffed. Jackhammer, as higby stated is a pure data change.
    Lasher needs either a damage change or a ROF/Projectile speed increase, along with the splash either being increased in damage or radius.
    MCG, my opinion what they should do is say drop the damage, but up the ROF to say 1000 so it actually feels like a chaingun, and then also either add spinup option or remove their spin time, don't mind which.
    Also all 3 of these weapons need more attachments...yeah a lot more attachments, new optics and also the models to be redesigned, they all look horrible.
    • Up x 2
  15. SgtRolling

I'm still doing quite well with it, what exactly did they nerf about it?
  16. SomeRandomNewbie

You should be able to take on an MCG user 1v1 with at least even odds - the pre-fire delay massively complicates things in a close in firefight. I've died more than once for easing off the trigger too early and being unable to recover.

Simply put, the MCG is a weapon that's best suited for clearing out defenders in a tight area. You combine it with the adrenaline shield and extended mags, start spinning before you enter the room, and slice the pie with the weapon firing full auto ADS the whole way through the manoeuvre. The downside to this is the racket; the upside is that with the gun already firing you will out-DPS anyone in there, each kill you make will repop your shield. Either you'll kill the defenders or they'll scarper when they hear the minigun.

You can't really do that with the other weapons; the combined effects of recoil, smaller magazines, and more limited DPS means that no other weapon in the games inventory can do this as well.

The Lasher, from what I've seen, is ideal for clearing out corridors and has some interesting options open *because* of the low projectile velocity. It's the only weapon I know of where you can fire a burst down a corridor and be back behind cover *before* the enemy can pop out of cover - a strength enhanced by it's splash capability. It's uniquely capable in a defensive posture.

The Jackhammer, for what it's worth, is the only one of the three built for 1v1 fights, which is why it has no real utility. I don't see that this can be fixed without making it... something other than a shotgun. In PS1 it boasted the lowest kill time of any weapon (blam-blam-kablamblamblam), but it was never a squad support weapon. It damage output isn't consistent enough to keep up with the low ttk weapons already present in PS2's close range firefights.
    The only way I can see it working as a shotgun is if they gave its rounds the ability to penetrate soldiers; that would give it something unique at least, without having to alter its other characteristics. How you could justify it from a lore perspective though, I don't know.
  17. Cryptek

Lasher is freaking awesome. It's unique and gives you functions no other gun in the game will give you. The ability to shoot around corners with splash, damaging large groups AND If you put a red dot on that thing, you become a bunny hop monster.

As an added bonus you will slaughter both MAXes and flashes, since you ignore their inherent bullet resistance (sadly you cannot damage ESF)

The main weaknesses of the lasher are: Fighting uphill and fighting at anything but CQC/close/medium range.

Never ADS with this gun, just hipfire away and stay mobile.
  18. Blitzkrieg

Then you've never used a Lasher against a MCG 1v1. I've beaten a few 1v1. Majory of the time you wont win with a lasher, as its TTK is too high.
    • Up x 1
  19. Thpthpthp

Increased T7 Mini-Chaingun refire rate by 12ms to 75ms when the game went out of beta.
  20. SomeRandomNewbie

I haven't, as I haven't played Vanu since beta ended. But I have been on the other side of that equation many a time. The TTK only tells half the story; in a one on one fight, all else being equal, you can get off three to four shots before my MCG even starts firing. If you're dealing damage, then my shield has already dropped and I'm suffering an accuracy penalty before I can get my first round off.

At that point, the damage I can deal is much lower than the MCG's theoretical damage output; at just 10 metres with full flinch induced COF, less than a third of my rounds will hit a man sized target. If I ADS and accept the movement penalty, I might get that up to half.

The trick to beating an MCG user is simple; hit them first, and don't miss. If they get the drop on you, you're stuffed, but if you get the drop you should not be losing a 1v1 fight.

Some math to prove the point; Lasher damage is 225 total per hit, 300 rpm. MCG is 143 with 800rpm.
    Assuming both players have full health and full resist shield, for 1450 health. I won't make an assumption about nanoweave, as an MCG user is likely to have ammunition belts instead.

Lasher 'perfect' damage output is 1125 per second with no lead time. Opponent is dead in 1.3 seconds.
    MCG 'perfect' damage output is 1906 per second, with a 0.75 second spin up. Opponent is dead in ~1.5 seconds (0.75 spin + 0.76 ttk)

As you increase the hp of the combatants, the MCG will pull ahead. If the combatants are hurt or have their shields down, the Lasher gains a greater advantage. This all assumes that the combatants see each other at the same time and both land all shots; for the MCG user, that should be impossible due to flinching before they start firing.

As I've said, I don't have recent experience with the lasher to see what it's accuracy is like, but I know the MCG well enough to know that I'm going to die if I'm shot first. Regular LMG's and carbines will cut me down as well if I'm caught out.