Why are nc considered the weakest?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by the pestimist, Jan 25, 2013.

1. the pestimist

plz do tell so the devs can know.
  2. Gustoril

Mad recoil, Slow rate of fire. No perk to call our own like Hovering tanks that ignore the ground collision and move sideways, or rapid firing weapons with huge rate of fire on everything.

yeah, We have...err pretty colours?
  3. the pestimist

i think they should increase our damage more.
  4. Puppy

Close range on giant maps with little indoor areas.
  5. Thornton14

They are supposed to be an emerging rebel faction not a massive force like the TR.
  6. phreec

Because our starter gear isn't as versatile as the other factions arsenal.

In most cases we get starter guns better suited for medium-long range engagements (except for MAX) while VS/TR get well performing close-medium range weapons from the very start and we all know in order to capture a base we'd need to move in close. We also have a fair deal of recoil on our guns but just slap a foregrip on them and they become very accurate as long as you don't hipfire or just spray like a newb.
    The lower rate of fire paired with the flinching mechanic is also a major culprit in making NC feel 'weak'. Getting our sights constantly bounced off-target with a high RoF gun really screws us over in firefights.

But overall I'd say our infantry guns are still very good, they just have a steeper learning curve and aren't as forgiving in closer ranges, where most firefights occur...

As far as vehicles go we've got the least air-superiority suitable ESF and our Vanguard tank doesn't really excel at anything, but it's not exactly bad either. The other faction vehicles and especially their empire specific vehicle upgrades also outperform ours noticeably, but that might change in the future as more weapons and possibly performance upgrades are being added.
  7. Slyguy65

You guys do damage and are a tad less squishy then the rest.

I know whenever i fight a vanu i can TAT TAT dead, but NC its TAT TAT TAT TAT dead.

TR RoF is not that great since it provides higher CoF ESPECIALLY WHEN MOVING

Plus whatever they did, they have changed weapons to be more stable like vanu.

There is not much issue with recoil, the issue with non vanu is CoF.

AND TRUST ME, your SLOW weapons THAT PACK A PUNCH are THE number one weapon for spray and pray.

Also you can shoot more accurately at a distance than TR...everyone can.

Your ESF got buffed recently. Making the ESF's pretty balanced aside from vanu still having hover and geometry on its side.

The problem is people need to understand that just cause you lose to TR up close doesn't mean their faction is better up close.

It most likely means you are using the defaul gun and if you pay attention and notice the enemy weapon in the kill cam.

YOU WILL MOST LIKELY SEE IT HAS AN OPTICS. And if it has optics or camo ESPECIALLY it most certainly has soft point ammo.

The BS thing about that is this, high velocity ammo is all but pointless for TR since we can't shoot anything past 50m effectively like vanu and NC can (mostly vanu)

POINT IS, NC is not that weak, also to answer your question

YOU HAVE THE BEST ANTI INFANTRY MAX IN GAME.

TR has no hardware that TRUMPS all the other like vanu or NC have.

Again our RoF isn't that fancy since we have high CoF and do less damage than NC
  8. MrK

I have no clue.
    I'd say Reaver outperforming, because that's the only thing I can see right now, but I'm a poor pilot so take that with a pinch of salt.
  9. Mordrake

Because the NC6 Gauss SAW is a bad starter weapon. Don't get my wrong, the thing is a beast in his niche role (medium-long range controlled fire) but for a new player isn't really friendly like the Orion or Carv.

Being HA the most popular class = OMGERD NC R BAD.
    • Up x 2
  10. Steelblade

Tbh, I don't fully understand what it is that makes the NC cry so much about their supposed "disadvantage". In my eyes the NC are the most op faction in the game, and I say this because I have been sniped by gauss saws, out gunned by vanguards, demolished by reavers, and torn to shreds by hacksaw maxes too many times to count. I even played abit as the NC just to confirm my suspicions, and what do you know? Hopped on a NC heavy assault pulled out my saw, and started sniping and blasting away with it, achieving killingstreaks that I have never achieved with my carv9. It seriously amazed me how much better all their standard weaponry is compared to the TR's.
    • Up x 2
  11. Reef

[IMG]

The humming sounds of other factions vehicles and air feel badass! But NC sounds weak.
    The high recoil on default weapon doesn't help and the Reaver's advantage of being "better armored" is just plain bullcrap.
    • Up x 2
  12. Jurav

Obviously the SAW was all you tested. Check out the carbines, the pistols, and the ESF's.

Then, try fighting with the SAW in CQC and see what you think of it.

I dont think the NC as are bad now as they were a couple of weeks agao, but the carbines still need some love. Their damage is less than TR and VS, and the RoF and Recoil is horrendous.

I did notice a nerf to the NC AA MAX last night. the burster recoil seems much worse.
  13. FailasaurusRex

Because their default HA weapon takes only 5 bullets to kill a enemy HA.

Because they have the weapon with the highest rate of fire.

Because they have a max that does ttk an enemy max in 0.1 of a second.

Because they have a tank that does the highest alpha damage of any other tank while also having a sheild that allows no dmg.

Because they have a very successful forum campaign of whining.

Because under the guise of freedom they fight a war, though we all know its about the money they get from their corporate backers.
    • Up x 4
  14. Steelblade

Granted, I did not try most of their weapons. But I have been out gunned many times by NC players in CQC saw vs carv9, and blown out of the skies via reaver as well. I almost find this entire thing laughable, because I have a group of friends who all play TR and always complain about how we are being snipped, and utterly destroyed by the NC, and imagine the surprise coming on the forums and seeing so many people complain about NC being underpowered.
  15. the pestimist

ive seen that picture already.
  16. Steelblade

This is probably why, seems most logical from what I experienced.
  17. iNuc

According to some NC is supposed to be good at long range. Which is not true - the recoil makes you a slave to burst fire.
    Let's compare stats of default carbines:
    TRAC-5 = 750 ROF, recoil 0.3 upwards and right, 490 velocity, 143 dmg @ 10m - 112@ 65m, Reload: 2.6/3.7s
    AF-19 Mercenary = 600 ROF, recoil 0.4 upwards left and right, 500 velocity, 167 dmg @ 10m - 125@75m Reload: 1.76/2.8s
    Solstice = ~700 ROF, recoil 0.25 upwards and right, 515 velocity, 143 dmg @ 10m - 100@115m Reload: 1.65/2.2s

There is a really small difference in bullet velocity. Certainly NC isn't long range then - not to mention recoil.
    Okay, so let's simulate a fight that happens at 10m and assumes every bullet hits.
    1000 (hp for most classes) / 143 = 6.99 ~ 7 //TR
    1000 / 167 = 5.98 ~ 6 //NC
    1000 / 143 = 6.99 ~ 7 //VS
    By comparing ROFs we can see that TR will win in this simulation.

COF differences aren't really that high, I won't talk about them - correct me if I'm wrong.

Damage falloff:
    Please take below calculations with a grain of salt, as I don't know if they are correct.

NC: 112x = 65m /: 65m which yields 1.7/m
    TR: 125x = 75m /: 75m which yields 1.6/m
    VS: 100 = 115m /: 115m which yields 0.8/m

As you can see, VS suffers from the highest damage falloff per meter. They are forced to stay in close range, however can be DECENT in medium range due to low recoil. Fast reload speed is also a bonus. To me VS is a run and gun faction. Predictable recoil pattern.

TR suffers from a long reload time, but also has 40 rounds in a magazine and a PREDICTABLE RECOIL PATTERN.

NC suffers the most from it's rate of fire and it's UNPREDICTABLE RECOIL. NC is the only faction that has a left and right recoil pattern (when looking at these weapons, Gauss SAW has no COF when standing and shooting, which makes it a good long range, but also suffers from highest recoil.

If you want to make NC a good long range class:
    -Increase bullet velocity SUBSTANTIALLY (at least 50-100).
    -You can make recoil a lot higher, but it should be predictable (like TR and VS - up +left or right).
  18. lobe44

NCs starter weapons are bad compared to the other factions but after you get different weapons and start getting certed up they are just as good as the other factions.

Also I would argue the vanguard is better than the prowler.
  19. the pestimist

so basically we have the worst starter weapons compared to tr/vs.
  20. the pestimist

in what way?