It's time: make lockon missiles appear on radar

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ThundaHawkPS, Jan 23, 2013.

1. ThundaHawkPS

I don't mind that the G2As now track very well but, at the very least, the lockon target should see the missiles on radar to have some idea of the threat trajectory + number of incoming missiles. You already have to account for elevation, which you can't discern on the radar.
    • Up x 30
  2. An Hero

The HUD lags enough as it is.

But sure, if they can manage it.
  3. ThundaHawkPS

Missile graphics don't always render. Knowing the incoming missile count is vital information without which it's a total crapshoot flying near enemy ground, which can lock you long before they even render.
    • Up x 1
  4. Zer0range

Good idea.
  5. Ree4

6. Vashyo

Sounds like a nifty thing to add, some distance calculator until impact would be nice. With multiple missiles it would track the one that's closest until it explodes.

It doesnt even have to be a visual thing I think, could just be some sort of warning sound that gets worse the closer the missile is.
    • Up x 2
  7. ThundaHawkPS

G2A's are hitting aircraft even after flares have been popped. This used to be a rare occurrence, but I had it happen three times within two minutes. I'm watching enemy mosquitos and scythes explode in droves, killed by invisible G2As.
  8. Verdant

Please make it all Lock on missles! G2G as well.
  9. HadesR

Should only show 1 missile at a time not the totally amount fired at you .. I can see it being used just as another excuse to bail " Flares used, 3 missiles on me .. time to jump "
  10. icesail

If you have the scout radar equiped on your ESF, or if one of your mates has one, it should show on the radar. If all of you are flying with flares instead of scout radar, them NO.
  11. MiZrY

All I want is an indicator showing if it is an A2A lock or an G2A lock..... that will make me happy.
    • Up x 1
  12. Corewin

Agree with the OP, but honestly all incoming missiles should show up on radar.
    • Up x 2
  13. ent|ty

Yeah, y ou'd think with futuristic systems, every plane would have some local radar, or at least know if it's just a lock or missiles have been actually fired, and their distance. Or even keep the enemy ESF on local radar during a firefight.
    But no.. on PS, they have WW2-like gimped weaponry and systems.
    • Up x 1
  14. VargTwo

The things i would do for a 3D minimap telling you if that ESF/Lib/Whatever is above or below me or heading straight for a crash into me.
    Or a simple change to allies and red blips showing them as up or down arrows or -- if on same height as you.
    Or just copy the Battlezone minimap in this screenshot.
    [IMG]
  15. Riekopo

16. yama

Why don't you just shotgun the missiles out of the sky? :p

+1 tough. This needs to happen.
    • Up x 1
  17. ANGER MANAGMENT BEAR

planetside 1 had this. time for planetside 2 to put it in.
  18. Nephera

I'm fine with that idea.
  19. Reloaded

I'd like this as well.
  20. Duff_Chimp

I'm pretty sure that if the missle was heading directly at you e.g. from behind being chased, you would have to change direction after flaring to avoid being hit, as the missle would still carry on in a straight line. That being said there is a universal problem with rockets and missles not rendering before they hit you, has happened in my tanks as well.
    • Up x 2