True Story: What Just Happened.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Yautja, Jan 23, 2013.

1. Yautja

Started up the launcher. Thought about all the stuff I want unlocked, thought about how long it would take. Closed the launcher.
    • Up x 11
  2. Soylent

[IMG]
    • Up x 13
  3. maxkeiser

True story - This thread is the worst thread ever.
    • Up x 2
  4. Pixelshader

Can I have a list of the things you want unlocked?
  5. Drenzul

Why are you playing to unlock stuff instead of playing for fun?

Thats your mistake.
    • Up x 12
  6. 13lackCats

I blame the shoebox shooters for gamer ADD.
    • Up x 4
  7. Rusky

Can I have your certs ? :p
    • Up x 4
  8. maxkeiser

The game is probably better off without people like this, tbh.
    • Up x 8
  9. Cyridius2

Because, while this game isn't Pay2Win, to actually get any enjoyment and to be truely productive and competitive, you need those unlocks.

Try playing solo, with a pure stock character. It makes me cry blood when I compare it to my main.
  10. maxkeiser

Not true at all.

I can play with stock engineer/medic weapons and no other kit apart from the standard stuff and still have great fun (and be useful to the team with a kdr of 2 or more if kdr is even relevant).
    • Up x 2
  11. JonboyX

"Opened the job pages. Thought about all the cool stuff I could buy, then thought about the effort it would take. Closed the job pages"
    • Up x 16
  12. Kurreah

You might need them, but its more likely that you have simply become used to the stuff that you have unlocked, and have trouble readjusting back to the stock stuff.

You most certainly do not need to unlock anything to have fun, be competitive, or productive.
    • Up x 1
  13. urch

wants something but doesn't want to work for it.

he wants free stuff from a free-to-play, someone give it to him.
  14. Xasapis

Started an mmorpg. Thought about all the levels I needed to reached. Closed the mmorpg.
    • Up x 6
  15. Yautja

It has successfully reached micro-meme level.

Thanks guys.
    • Up x 2
  16. MasterOhh

Got a new job. Thought about all the stuff I wanted to buy, thought about how long it will take to earn enough money. Quit the job.
    • Up x 2
  17. HerpTheDerp

Was born. Thought about all the stuff I wanted to do, thought about how long it will take to actually do it. Killed myself.
    • Up x 6
  18. Pemtaphalon

You know what's horrible in games like COD? unlocking everything relatively quickly, then having to prestige yourself just so you can unlock everything again, I love working towards the stuff I need, even if it's just 100 certs on an upgrade for a tank or something, I play for fun, not for certs however, I love getting kills, I love healing and ressing the team, I feel the OP would be happier on COD
    • Up x 1
  19. Drenzul

I did. Now at rank 36. Don't see your problem. Its fine soon as you get 30 certs for the scope. Sucks a bit till then I agree but 30 certs takes what? 30-40 mins? Get repairing you'll have it in no time. Everything else is a really minor bonus. Yes the minor bonuses stack up quite nicely but seriously.... I've killed many rank 30+ characters at rank 1-5.

Lets see, Nanoweave 3 + Scope + Front handle for gun, thats about 250 certs, so you can have one class damm close to as good as your main in 4-5 hours if you play well. Thats a LOT less than most F2P games.

Sounds like a case of 'I should have all the best stuff straight away' entitlement kiddies to me.
    • Up x 2
  20. the pestimist

no ive posted worse.
    • Up x 3