[BUG] PS2 Strange goings on in VS WG on Miller Pt.1

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by VictorDracul, Jan 20, 2013.

1. VictorDracul

I have had some strange issues at the VS warpgate on Indar this evening. Here are 2 videos that show exactly what I was experiencing. The problem was purely centralised at the warpgate and as shown in the first video if I Redeployed to another location there were no problems at all. Some are saying it is a hack but all I know is it wasn't normal game behaviour so I'm posting it for you SOE to look at and do what you will with it.

Added the second video now.
  2. Muttly

there is a phalex turrent randomly spawned in one of the spawn tubes you have a 1 in 3 chance spawning in thereand if you do you fall through the map server needs a restart me thinks
  3. PsyStorm

This just happened to me earlier and again now at indar warpgate on Miller.
  4. Muttly

dang it i fell through map again how anoying
  5. notralph

This was a hack not the normal problems. This happend for me on Indar and then Esamir on the Miller server.The first time i had to relog and use the insta action to get on to Esamir. I went back to the warpgate and saw a guy flying though the sky i watched him fly on to a hill. There where 5-6 guys all with the name howtoflyatthewarpgate on top of a hill just outside the warp gate and then the hack began again. I filmed it all but only with the ****** in game so you cant see anything.
  6. Muttly

and the turrets are missing from the tech plant
  7. VictorDracul

Yeah not just there either. Outside the VS warpgate the closest tower had one missing and the tower by Ceres Biotech had lost both AA guns as well.
  8. Justicia

Ah so that's where the turrets on the top of the tech plant on the west side of Amerish (forgot what the tech plant is called) went.
  9. Stormlight666

Guess the hacks are now starting to break apart the game, starting with Base Turrets.
  10. Stormlight666

Yup spawning into the game and dying over and over for 5 minutes at the warp gate won't drive people away from playing PS2. Especially new players. /sarcasm
  11. DevilJade

I'm too busy looking at these new weekly sales bundles to notice.
  12. mogwai83

Yeah it's the turret that's doing it ...

13. Garakan

hacks will kill this game a lot faster than i thought, if they dont start to do something against it
  14. fish998

I don't get how this sort of stuff is even hackable, shouldn't the server control the location of turrets, the only interaction clients should be able to have with them is rotate/pitch/fire, and god knows why vehicle pads positions can be controlled by clients, they never even move.

Definitely some areas of code that can be tightened up, even if they can't fix the aimbots/teleporters. Although having said that surely the servers can detect when someone instantaneously teleports, or when they kill 100 people in 1 minute with only headshots?
    • Up x 4
  15. sadnhappy

[IMG]

Yeah mmm.. -.-
  16. TSR-Jesse S Customer Service

:eek: I've already let our enforcers aware of this and they'll be conducting an investigation. Is any-one experiencing this on other servers? If so, please PM me the following:

Server Name:
    Continent:
    Area:

Thanks!
  17. Dulu

They already have this. Sadly.

It seems to be the only anti-cheat they do have. The only time I've seen it work is against two players who were both legit, using the completely legal ammo-pack + grenade launcher combo.

Very sad such a good game is losing credibility by the hour.
  18. Xae

Mattherson
    Indar/Amerish/Esamir
    VS Warpgates

There is a guy with GM Like powers running around teleporting, server kicking and killing other players at his command.
  19. TSR-Jesse S Customer Service

Thank you very much, I've received a few PM's reporting shadiness on that server and the investigation should currently be underway. I appreciate all of the cooperation folks, if any of you see any shady activity such as been described, please provide me with the relevant information thru PM or posting on this thread.
  20. Xipherx

Server Name: Connery
    Continent: Indar
    Area: VS Warpgate

Happening right now.