WTF Vanguard...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by JojoTheSlayer, Jan 11, 2013.

1. JojoTheSlayer

Came over this Vanguard ingame. Notice something strange?
    [IMG]
    (Talking about no secondary and coax thing.)

Just for the hell of it here is a actual photo of the 4th empire LoL
    [IMG]
    (Soldier got bugged when I selected the two)

Best NC Vanguard camo.
    [IMG]
    (Aka, no textures. It had this for several hours. Up close it actually looked like the rubber on the front of a modern sub.)
    • Up x 1
  2. BengalTiger

Ran into that Vanguard actually. First I thought it was a parked, abandoned stock Vanny, then I noticed the lack of the MG turret, then things got really weird when I took a look up close.
  3. Rankzerox

That 2nd image sure as hell do look like puke... and that isnt really a good camo.
  4. Tobax

Might be something they were testing/playing with for the dedicated driver/gunner variant.
  5. JPRampage

Oh... oh don't you dare tease me like that.
  6. wowie

PS1 vans were like that. There's a few easter eggs hidden... and not hidden... around Auraxis.
    For those who want to see this particular curiosity, go to this point on Amerish:
    [IMG]
  7. Rogueghost

The first pic, I found that while assaulting kwahtee from the nc, lost two bricks of c4 to the bloody thing.
  8. JojoTheSlayer

They are planning a 2 man BUY to drive variant.
    The owner can only drive, the gunner has a main gun and coax mg, but the main cannon can swap between ammo types (AP, HE). The latter being the benefit of using the 2 man one since you dont have extra armor etc.

To differentiate this TBA tank vs the others you will see that it (A) has no secondary and (B) the coax and its main cannon will not look like the HE, AP or HEAT versions.
  9. wowie

Here's a BFR easter egg:
  10. JPRampage

Ehhh... the tingling sensation has died down. Just make em standard 2-manned and I'll be overflowing with happiness.
    • Up x 1
  11. phreec

Hehe, the same Vanguard also caught my eye. I capped this from a video recorded the 8th on Miller EU.

[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  12. JojoTheSlayer

I am kidding obviously, which you also understood, but I would buy it if it came out.
    BUT it has to have some advantage for being one gunner less. Swapping between AP and HE would be that and vs other tanks you wouldnt need to balance it because it would have the same armor and fit right in with current settings.
  13. JPRampage

Or, they could make all the tanks standard 2-man... effectively cutting tank zergs in half.

And if that's not an option, then make em have more direct impact damage or something, but not the ability to switch ammo.
  14. ABATTLEDONKEY

where di you come about this information?>
    • Up x 1
  15. wowie

Old info. At this point it's just a model left over from when the game was just going to be a PS1 reskin.[IMG]
  16. JojoTheSlayer

... man, am I the only one that thinks the old Vanguard looked cooler?

The really should make some retro modern 2man tanks. Like a Vanguard PS2-B
    Let the Lightnings be light tanks, 1man be medium tanks and the 2 man be heavy tanks.

You know, what the BFRs sort of where intended to be, but become walking fortresses instead LoL anyway, regress that last part :p
  17. JojoTheSlayer

18. JPRampage

The same place I found out the Vanguard is getting Star Fox-like vertical thrusters. (Yeah, now you all want that to happen. You're welcome)
  19. Jyrox

OP obviously tampered with his original pictures.

We all know the Vanguard has a much bigger gun than in his photo.

ONE SHOT MAGS AND PROWLERS, OH YES, NOW WE TALKING!
  20. ABATTLEDONKEY

and where is that?