[VS] Zealot Implants

Discussion in 'Game Discussion: PlanetSide 2' started by binarycoder, Dec 3, 2013.

1. binarycoder Member

Possible concept I've been toying with, finally got around to attempting to draw it.

[IMG]
    (the back and angled views lack detail because I got tired of drawing and I figured you could get the concept from the other two already.)

The thing I've really been wanting to see on Vanu are some sort of implants. The lore just kinda screams it. They also lack a "open faced"/helmetless look, so I thought this might have a place.

And yes, I am aware of the wrestler appearance. I used brighter colors to make the details stand out.

Thoughts?
  2. Seukonnen Member

Hmm... this is the first cyborg/exposed-head helmet that I think has the potential to look good.

Very interesting. Will be watching to see what comes of this one.
  3. binarycoder Member

4. Nicococo Active Member

Sorry but it looks like he's balding. I'd recommend you close up the entire top side or fix the back side so it doesn't look like he's loosing his hair. I don't think Tray would like to project himself as a person going bald lol :p
  5. binarycoder Member

Cannot unsee....

Fixing ASAP, thanks.
  6. binarycoder Member

7. Nicococo Active Member

The top one looks nice but it still looks like hes bald =/
  8. TramellRayIsaac Senior Art Director

ice loves coco, nice ***
  9. Nicococo Active Member

Haha whoa ok! sorry about that... :p The paramedics are on their way to come surgically remove my foot out my mouth..
  10. binarycoder Member

As nice as the Friar Tuck cut looked, I think I finally fixed it.

How's this?
    [IMG]

http://p3d.in/O1cjC
  11. Nicococo Active Member

Starting to look better now. :)
  12. binarycoder Member

13. Astraeus New Member

Not sure if you are already planning to do this but, in my opinion, the best way to make something seem like it was implanted (while still actually being separate from the body) is to first smooth the basic geometry into the head and then model what looks like a thin layer of skin over the edges of the object in an uneven pattern to make it seem like the skin has started to heal over the implant.

[IMG]

Kind of like what is happening at the base of this cyborg's neck except that the helmet model's "skin" would stop after a certain point (once it seems like it is joined to the actual skin) and would not actually be part of the head.

Also, not sure that the dev's would actually allow this or not but it would still be a cool addition.
  14. Frsotforger Member

looks good. My next VS concept is going to be an exposed cyborg. I think it really fits the VS mentality. Try adding some "integration" shapes. things like circular skin prongs that your geo merges into the skin with. Your current shapes look like they are sitting on top, instead of stabbing inside the flesh of the willing.
  15. binarycoder Member

Unfortunately I don't think we have a lot to work with in terms of the base head model, and we aren't given a skin texture, so I cant really mold the skin at all. I did try a few of those suggestions, and smothed the geo into the skin for certain areas, and added a few more "anchor points."

[IMG]
    [IMG]

Is this a step in the right direction?
  16. Astraeus New Member

That's looking good so far although it does need to be a bit more balanced. I'd either remove some material from the back of the head or fill in some of the space on top. One thing that would look really cool is a circuit board pattern on his head. That, or turn the the anchor points into sensors and connect a bunch of small wires to them.

Like this except with less sensors.
    [IMG]
  17. binarycoder Member

I see what you mean. Tried to incorporate that a bit, how's this:

[IMG]

(p3d same as above)
  18. Seukonnen Member

Hmm... Perhaps a Vanu Sovereignty symbol inset into the forehead? That could be cool :)
  19. binarycoder Member

I don't think the vanu are the sort to advertise their logo on the helmets (I don't think there's one in the texture files even.)

Anyway, after some reddit feedback, I decided to adjust the visor and nix the wires.

http://p3d.in/62XEQ
    [IMG]
    (The visor is lacking smothing groups, I'll fix it later.)
  20. binarycoder Member

Updated with some more defined edges:
    [IMG]