{VS} Spiker Helmet (concept)

Discussion in 'Game Discussion: PlanetSide 2' started by Pie, Dec 13, 2014.

1. Pie New Member

Can someone help me with this concept please! It will become better with the help you give me[IMG][IMG]
  2. Pie New Member

It dosen't seem to show the pictures can someone please help me
  3. JerreyRough Member

You need to host the images online, it won't work if you host from your own computer (the image path is "C:/Users/YOURNAME/Desktop/Helmets/VS%20decamator.png").

Upload the images to a site like imgur.com and then use the URL from that to post them here.
  4. Pie New Member

5. Pie New Member

does this work better, and yes i now see i need to fix the "dome"
  6. Pie New Member

and its backwards
  7. CountPoly Member

I think it would help if you could upload it along with the head. As it is now it's kind of hard to get a grasp of what you're going for.
  8. Pie New Member

ok were do i find the model???
  9. CountPoly Member

10. Pie New Member

alright ive been working on it for 2 hours ill try to get it up in 30mins
  11. Pie New Member

alright ive changed the spike because of some polygon problems, and other nonsense.
    But please tell me what i need to change on this one(Spiker V6)

http://p3d.in/5NcPt

If you can tell me a picture hosting website i can show it to you with its correct textures
  12. CountPoly Member

I'm guessing you're new to modelling, so I'm going to suggest you look at some tutorials. When you understand proper workflow things will get much easier. At this time I think you could progress faster with the concept in 2D. Once you nail the concept you could just translate it to 3D without having to do every iteration in 3D, which can be time consuming, unless you're sculpting.

As for the design itself, it doesn't look very vs to me. I had the same problem with my first post, it was kind of wonky.
    This is why I'm recommending that you throw out some fast concepts, to get a better grip of the shape language.
    Also it needs to conform way more to the head, as it is now it wouldn't work in the game.

I think most people here use imgur, but I find puush to be less work. Google it and take your pick.

Hope this helps!
  13. Pie New Member

yea i am new thanks for noticing, and thanks for spending time on this post. im going to look at your advice now and just for an FTI im using 3dsmax
  14. Fuzz Active Member

even if you aint artistically inclinded start with sketches and find something cool :)