[VS] Helmet - Windrider WIP

Discussion in 'Game Discussion: PlanetSide 2' started by Faven, Oct 2, 2014.

1. Faven Active Member

WIP

[IMG]

http://p3d.in/zKib6

[IMG]

Playing around with some ideas for the aerial VS version, (already done one for tr/nc)

Overall something thats fairly streamlined, with some sort of intake at the front and was thinking it could be neat with some sort of faux engine/exhaust at the back?

Or maybe just something simpler (see right image)
  2. Nicococo Active Member

Those left sculpts look nice ;)
  3. Faven Active Member

not liking the "ears. makes it look stupid atm:D
  4. Faven Active Member

5. McFluff Active Member

sweet! from that angle though, it looks kind of like a helmet already ingame
  6. Faven Active Member

Oh!? You know which one?
  7. McFluff Active Member

nvm, I thought it looked like the exemplar
  8. Giz Active Member

This helmet I'm not feeling. It doesn't match up to the others that you done. But that's just my opinion. Others may Love it.
  9. Faven Active Member

No worries giz, I agree, the balance of the sides is off and it looks a bit to "neutral".
    Need to give it some attitude and started reworking the sides earlier.
  10. Faven Active Member

[IMG]

http://p3d.in/zKib6

Happy with the back and the face part, (prob can do with some more polys around "eyes" but saving that for last)

Not 100% on the sides yet, its a bit dry, any thoughts?
  11. Faven Active Member

• Like x 1
  12. Nicococo Active Member

BOOM indeed my friend! :D
  13. Faven Active Member

thanks nico!

3 left..

NC- some sort of skull inspiration
    VS - Some sort of hooded helmet that isnt hooded.
    TR- some sort of vertical eye slit/vision

These 3 will be an absolute nightmare to do since it feels the NC one have been done already and need to find a "new" way of doing it without it being a skull.

And the TR one will be difficult cause I fear I might repeat myself.
  14. Lobstrex Member

Personally i'd like to see more purple from the front, but that's just my opinion.
  15. Faven Active Member

yeah ive been tooling around with the colors on this one most of the day, tried coloring the chin pieces purple but just made a stupid smile, then tried the exhausts and that just created a weird effect where the stuff that in theory should be steel/metal/brushed stuff (exhausts) where dented metal and the dented main body was black..

Painted myself into a pretty lose lose corner on that one so went with what I think (atleast right now) is the best option