[VS] Caelum

Discussion in 'Game Discussion: PlanetSide 2' started by binarycoder, Jan 15, 2015.

1. binarycoder Member

Been working on a new VS concept, thoughts? Kinda a version of the altitude for the VS.

[IMG]

vsaltiude (View in 3D)
    [IMG]

(Note that I slightly adjusted the mouthpiece.)
  2. Slytacular Member

I love it! Fantastic design! I would love to see it textured!
  3. binarycoder Member

Thanks! The p3d's been updated, and here's a dirty psview render (no uv map 2.)

[IMG]
  4. JerreyRough Member

The silhouette is too similar to the Trismegistus in my opinion. Sure, the details are significantly different, but do the "squint test" on both.

Follow your original design a little closer. Make the mouth faction colored and put the the teal color (glow?) from the concept on there. It will still share the same general silhouette (unique silhouette should always be priority #1 in design, for future reference), but it'll be easier to tell the difference.
  5. binarycoder Member

I see what you are getting at. I'll work on the mouth area, not entirely happy with it.
  6. binarycoder Member

Alright, fixed some stuff, and added some detail mapping.

[IMG]

I like the flow for the emmissives now. Kinda trying to decide what to do about the chin area, it feels a bit plain, but I don't want to make it busy.
  7. Shockwave414 Active Member

Put lights around the rings on the mask instead of the bird shaped beak.
  8. binarycoder Member

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  9. Lobstrex Member

The only criticism I have of this helmet at this point is that the forehead looks a little plain. If you were going for a cleaner design, then disregard the above.
  10. Slytacular Member

Give the forehead some curvy grooves you see on sport cars, and the 2014-2016 car models.