[VS] Arc-Rider Helmet

Discussion in 'Game Discussion: PlanetSide 2' started by PhazeKnight74, Mar 12, 2014.

1. PhazeKnight74 New Member

Starting the long journey with some concept, as this is my first post ever I want to throw out my first ideas. These are the idea im going for, I personally am more focused on 2 but any suggestions for any changes are perfect, I haven't gotten into modeling heavily yet so none of that yet. If your wondering about the backs I am going to be doing paint overs a little later. The color is a WIP as the model progresses.

[IMG]
  2. Mcintosh Member

Try doing one of these: (My Suggestion)
    [IMG]
    Edit: Does the picture show up now?
  3. McFluff Active Member

Mcintosh, the pic didn't work...

and helmet #2 is my fav
  4. Tenebrae Member

Helmet 2.
  5. PhazeKnight74 New Member

I have put a few hours into the #2 helmet. No image yet. I have a version that is similar to my original and i have a slightly modified one that is cleaner like what Mcrintosh posted. So far the cleaner version doesnt really grab me, I will probably be adding a couple more details. Pretty soon I will have pictures.
  6. PhazeKnight74 New Member

So this is what I got to for modeling.

[IMG]

I got a most of the form but it was fairly boring so im working on a paint over to add detail. That will be up next.
  7. PhazeKnight74 New Member

So this is some ideas that I put on the paint over.

Front:
    [IMG]

Back:
    [IMG]

I'm going to see how well these translate into modeling since some things are going to be indented and some are going to stick out and i didn't really convey that well in the paint over. Im also not totally sold on the crown thing so I might modify that before going into modeling.
  8. gotimas Member

that slit could be done a bit different
    [IMG]
  9. PhazeKnight74 New Member

Hi all. I am still working on my helmet, I have made some changes since I last posted my paint over, in fact I did another paint over since i wasn't liking the overall shape and silhouette that was happening. I will post some new updates within the hour I think.
  10. PhazeKnight74 New Member

So I have changed quite a bit since the last paint over that I showed.

[IMG]

I changed the overall silhouette to a more rounded one with middle jutting out more than the forehead and chin area. I have started incorporating the silver bands around the neck. I Slanted them more downward since they were fairly flat before. the slit in the back has been thinned and but I will be working on that more later. The visor has been the thing that i have been debating on the most as you can see with the bottom row of visors, I will keep going with the current one but any suggestions are welcome. The back pieces are floating off of the back but they will be incorporated as well as the crest, I will be seeing if it fits well.
    Ok back to it, those verts wont move themselves.
  11. ChickenWings Member

Currently, I'm seeing some PS1 vibes here. I never played, but I like it. I just can't think of a suggestion for this helmet at the moment... I'm just a little dry right now I guess!:D
  12. gotimas Member

I would scrap all of this and start working on the 3rd concept
    I just now see its potential, a heavy bottom VS helmet, something that there isnt much of
  13. PhazeKnight74 New Member

So I havent scrapped it yet i found im likeing the new direction it took, so i might take down the old concpets since they dont look anything like the current gen of the helmet. So I asked a friend to do a paint over since i was having a block and didn't yet want to totally restart and this has what has come out of it.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

BTW the two cylinders that just looked poked in were just placeholder items in case i wanted to do something there.
    Still some work to be done but im liking this overall form a lot more than the original. We will see where it goes.
  14. PhazeKnight74 New Member

This has been discontinued.