Vanguard Armor: Tiger, nearly ACCEPTED

Discussion in 'Game Discussion: PlanetSide 2' started by MrPhilip203, Nov 2, 2016.

1. MrPhilip203 New Member

Hey,

about a year ago, I submitted my design to Daybreak. After 6 months the design was reviewed and ACCEPTED.
    But after 4 more months it got DECLINED...

That's why: There are too many tiny UV islands on the first channel. Add more faction color to it.

That was 2 months ago.
    Maybe someone can help me out with this problem. I haven't touched Cinema4D since I send them my final version one year ago. I have no idea how to fix this problem...
    I guess the faction color isn't that hard, but the UV islands - I can't make them bigger. I am already at the maximum poly limit... It's a bit sad. I really want so see this ingame for so long.

Maybe someone can take a closer look at my project and help me out? Thanks for reading :)
    I can send you the model)

My design:

[IMG]
  2. Fuzz Active Member

wait what do you mean?

your UV islands size isnt related to the actual poly count and the faction colour isnt related to either.
    - faction cover is on certain areas on the tex sheet, you can figure out which via either having a square plane with the entire sheet which you can view in PSview or via looking at the tint mask texture.
  3. MrPhilip203 New Member

I know that.
    I mean, that I cant split some polys again to make the UV islands bigger, because I am already at the maximum amount.
    I know where I can find the faction color, but it would look really stupid if I just change some parts against a big faction color stripe on the side... guess I have to figure it somehow out.

But what can I do against too many tiny UV islands? If I make them bigger the textures wouldn't fit. I tried to make them as big as possible:

[IMG]
  4. Fuzz Active Member

for faction colour take some of the panels and areas and colour them blue; like at the end of the day 90% of the people who use this will have camo anyway so it doesnt matter. like say the big side areas could be blue.

for UV island size i get that your trying to use the detail but it also ends up doing weird things with the lighting. like try to have each area of solid colours as a single island, as whilst using each face as a island can work you also can get lighting issues like we can see in your PSview screenshot.
  5. MrPhilip203 New Member

Aha, so you mean I should use more parts from the texture map and just delete the nice darker outlines at the edges and that would solve my lighting and UV island issues?

Thanks so far ;)
  6. Fuzz Active Member

sadly. also try to use larger islands like instead of cutting up a area you could deform it a bit on the UV sheet to fit a area, or try using a diffrent tex sheet (especially as your not very reliant on a sheet details, but more on edges so a sheet like the libeartor one might be a idea)