TR_H.O.U.N.D_Helmet

Discussion in 'Game Discussion: PlanetSide 2' started by TheHumm, Jun 28, 2014.

1. TheHumm Member

2. Giz Active Member

If you're going to make a themed helmet DO NOT! be so obvious. Give subtle hints that it's a hound. This looks like a fox or a jackal...But it to animalistic IMO for a TR helmet. May want to reduce the theme to about 70-80%
  3. TheHumm Member

I think if I remove the ears that and change the mouth part a little that should reduce theme.
    Please feel free to leave comment or constructive criticism.:)

[IMG]
  4. Ervpro Member

Basically what Giz said. It should feel like 'Oh, this helmet reminds me of a Fox' instead of 'Oh, this fox reminds me of a helmet' if that makes sense. I would start with building the basic geometry of a helmet and then begin tweaking it to look like the animal your going for. Lots of points for originality, just not the right execution:)
    • Like x 1
  5. TheHumm Member

Hmm, I'll restart with the mesh, but how to execute it correctly is the question now. :)
  6. Giz Active Member

Exactly.
  7. tahrox Member

Make the ears more anthena like if you want to go on with this.
  8. TheHumm Member

I will add the idea, but there will be multiple version of the ears like the image below, and do to that, I can not guarantee that the will be in the final product. :(

[IMG]

As for this image, this is an attempt to make the helmet more of a gas mask then a fox mask. I leave the choice up to you guys, but I would prefer to work with options 3 or 4 but will abide by the any decision you guys put. :)
  9. TramellRayIsaac Senior Art Director

I dont think concept is going to work for the TR
  10. TheHumm Member

Thanks for the response, I'll see to making a concept that will fit better with the game.
  11. KingKellogg Member

A bit more subtle could look awesome
  12. TheHumm Member

[IMG]

Updated the concept art, however I won't work on the model if this happens to be the wrong direction to take the project.
    • Like x 1
  13. JS ibanez Member

I think this is an improvement. Not sure how I feel about the circles going up the side.
  14. McFluff Active Member

MUCH BETTER!!!

on that note, I agree with JS ibanez, the circles should go. if you want circles though, maybe replace the grill on the rebreather with one or two circle thingies, or put a circle or two or three on the side of the head.
  15. Fuzz Active Member

imo cut the circles and have a bit more depth to the visor?
  16. TheHumm Member

Alright, thanks for the feedback, I have started working on the model. So, I should have some screen shot of the helmet by sometime tomorrow. :)
  17. TheHumm Member

Sorry about that, lot of things popped up during the last two days. But here is the model.:)
    http://p3d.in/nIepY
    [IMG]
  18. Fuzz Active Member

ill wait till the models done to make any judgements :)
  19. TheHumm Member

20. Faven Active Member

I think you need to add a lot more detail to this, at the moment it reads a bit like a blank canvas destined for greatness;)