[TR] Vista Helmet

Discussion in 'Game Discussion: PlanetSide 2' started by binarycoder, Nov 1, 2013.

1. 8zero Member

Snap! I wondered about that.
  2. binarycoder Member

This. That is what I was thinking of when I mentioned splitting the visor, looks really cool actually. I'll try it out with the standard goggle texture, and see how it looks.
  3. gotimas Member

I did another sketch trying to differentiate it a bit more from other helmets last night, are you interested or are you happy with what you have right now?
  4. binarycoder Member

I'd certainly be interested to see it.
  5. gotimas Member

:| alright then, I'm having trouble with my printer so this pic will have to do, the quality is terrible but I hope its understandable; Its still open face, not a visor
    [IMG]
  6. McFluff Active Member

thats basically what he already has... just a bit cleaner. I do like it though. but I just think the split visor thing is really cool, even if it is open faced.
  7. binarycoder Member

Ok, glad it's not just me. I am curious about what you have in the back area of the helmet though.

Anyway, tried out those new goggles.

[IMG]
    (I'd put the p3d up, but it's not working at the moment.)

I really like this version. Even more than the open faced one.
  8. binarycoder Member

Alright, so I added some more details. I'm trying to decide whether or not I need to attach the top piece with straps or not.

[IMG]
  9. gotimas Member

Dude, yes, looks amazing.
    Also, is that "top piece" suppose to be cloth? I'm seeing as a cloth piece that could be strapped onto the helmet, is that what you are going for?
  10. binarycoder Member

Thanks! But not exactly. Just supposed to be another metal part (doesn't make logical sense to have cloth there IMO.)
    Added some straps to fill in the empty parts as well.
    Textured:
    [IMG]

http://p3d.in/ZMvYr

Still have some optimizing to do.
    • Like x 1
  11. Enig Member

This has really come a long long way. Looking fantastic, really.
  12. Hereticus Member

wow... want!
  13. binarycoder Member

Added in game in the last patch!
    Video from VanuLabs:

Progression shot I made from all my screencaps:
    [IMG]

Huge thanks to all of you for your help!
    • Like x 1
  14. STUBBORN Member

good job m8, this is an example for all lazy people that crafting is HARDWORK, and something close to sex when you finish and people like it :rolleyes:
    • Like x 1
  15. Battleballs Member

Wow, You've been busy. Nice work. Really.
    • Like x 1
  16. binarycoder Member

Bit belated, but thanks for the support again!

Now that it's been out a bit, has anyone seen it out in the wild? I keep an eye out when I play, but I'm yet to spot it.
  17. Nicococo Active Member

Havent seen it while I've been playing but just the other day I saw an outfit in a video had them on... Cant seem to find that video though =/ I dont rmemeber if it was on youtube or on twitch.
  18. Giz Active Member

I've seen it a couple of times.
  19. binarycoder Member

*Frantic video watching commences*

Cool! Neat to hear that it's out there at least.
  20. binarycoder Member

Been listening to some of the feedback since release, and one of the main things I hear is that people wish it had a visor. I took a bit of time to find my old file, and added a new visor, hopefully better than the one I had previously. I had to try to update it (after there was a few material changes between submission and in-game), but if anyone knows how to pull the in-game version, I'd appreciate it. I don't want to make them go through and change it again. Anyway, want some feedback, I'd like to submit it as a second style of helmet, like open/closed face variants.

[IMG]

http://p3d.in/n8wwR
    • Like x 1