TR - Extremus (Based on hellghast)

Discussion in 'Game Discussion: PlanetSide 2' started by ntkrnl, Dec 24, 2013.

1. ntkrnl Member

Since I have seen that helmet in the new killzone I have always wanted to wear it on my character.

Using killzone shadowfall hellghast as reference and inspired by it and keeping close to the original with some TR flavor, this is what I have so far.

Starting wip.
    [IMG]

Update 2 : http://p3d.in/MSKAe
    [IMG]
  2. STUBBORN Member

I like it a lot, this kind of design is tricky as it looks menacing on some angles and bit different on others. that's not problem when you are technomage \o
  3. gotimas Member

Doesnt really say "TR"
    de-flat the face, more curves and the back might be too big
  4. ntkrnl Member

5. ntkrnl Member

Going to have to change up the front, but I just wanted to make this and share it with you guys :)

[IMG]
  6. eldarfalcongravtank Member

7. ntkrnl Member

Thanks :p. I would love to submit it, but I think Tramell will say no.
  8. Giz Active Member

You should put a vent/grill where the mouth area is. or something. Just a empty space.
  9. STUBBORN Member

what about some red or glow on the side mouth plates? another idea maybe the inside mouth be a central tube split in 2 coming from the side plates. or second red outline around the lens iris? bit close of your inspiration but looking nice anyway o7
  10. MangoPunch Member

I'm really digging it, but I wish you didn't show that pic from Hellghast because now I have to say the faceplate is way too similar. Anyone who knows the source material will be able to tell where you got the design from.

Have a play around with the faceplate and try a few different designs, I think you can get away with just changing that and not have to change the eyes or anything else.
  11. TramellRayIsaac Senior Art Director

not enough TR influence
    • Like x 1
  12. Battleballs Member

I do like the Killzone look. I say keep the idea but make it resemble something that to a TR helm. For one, the face is too square, too many angles and sharp ridges. And i'm going to have to say your concept is too similar to that Killzone helm, consider making it your own by changing it up but keep the fierceness and metal skill aspect to it. Good solid concept to go with I think. Keep it up.
  13. ntkrnl Member

I have an idea that will work. Will start on it soon.
  14. ntkrnl Member

I have updated the shape of the forehead plate, trying out some ideas what may work with the lower half of the face.

http://p3d.in/bURhS
    • Like x 1
  15. Giz Active Member

Hopefully I made sense. I'm bad at explaining. I hope it helps though.
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  16. ntkrnl Member

http://p3d.in/cOfxG

Here is an update with the rebreather, still a WIP. I really really REALLY like this shape.
    • Like x 1
  17. Nicococo Active Member

That last modification looks nice :)
    • Like x 1
  18. Giz Active Member

Looks really good. Nice changes, good thing you didn't scrap this. Keep it up. Also if anyone interested on doing a collab helmet I still want to get this Hyena Helmet I came up with made. I just lack the modeling skills, if anyone interested let me know.
    • Like x 1
  19. BeastBuster Member

Starting to look pretty cool ntkrnl!

I might be interested...
    • Like x 1
  20. Giz Active Member

Message me.