Player Studio Viewer Apps coming soon

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Syrah, Oct 24, 2014.

1. Rawl Active Member

Cool! I know the updates occur on different days for each game, so what days do EQ1 & EQ2 typically do updates?
  2. Syrah Developer

I think each date is hand-selected by the team based on their goals for that patch. I don't think there is a typical other than avoiding Mondays and Fridays.
    • Like x 1
  3. MasterMagnus Active Member

Any word if PSView made it into the EQ patch for tomorrow? (11/19/2014)
  4. Syrah Developer

Nothing works that fast. That patch was in testing for several days before it will go out.

This has to get integrated into a branch before the branch is built into a patch candidate to start testing.
    • Like x 2
  5. ColapsN7 New Member

6. binarycoder Member

Yep, it's there! Crashing for me too. Probably wasn't meant to go out in this branch yet.

Doesn't run as administrator, or normally. All the texture files are there as well. Tried re-downloading and replacing as instructed, but no dice.

So close, and yet so far.:p
  7. Steveo Member

Run in administrator mode, no crash for me yet.
  8. binarycoder Member

It started working for me too. Weird. Have you been able to load a model yet? I'm getting an error with missing UV maps.
  9. Steveo Member

[IMG]
  10. MasterMagnus Active Member

Rick had mentioned that the PS2 viewer had bugs still. Apparently the EQ and EQ2 builds are being worked into a release. That PS2 viewer is 'not ready for prime time' as I understand it.
  11. binarycoder Member

Yeah, gets to that, but then I get this:
    [IMG]

Assuming this is those extra UV maps they were talking about. Gotta figure out how to add those in blender.
    • Like x 1
  12. Steveo Member

yeah just do 2 more unwraps, one is for the camo, and set 3 is for detail normals i think ..
    • Like x 2
  13. binarycoder Member

[IMG]

itssomething.jpg

Heh, awesome tool! Can't wait to get this thing worked out finally. Props on the hard work SOE.
    • Like x 2
  14. Steveo Member

Youre futher than me, i dunno how to apply the material to the model lol
    • Like x 1
  15. Lobstrex Member

Agh, getting told I need a colors (set 1) now, when I already have it. HALP!
  16. MasterMagnus Active Member

How do you move the camera view?
  17. binarycoder Member

Hold alt
    Middle moves it, left rotates it. Right zooms
    • Like x 1
  18. Steveo Member

I pretty much got the hang of this app now! Just gotta work out the detail select area on the sheet for the normals.
  19. binarycoder Member

Anyone figure out camo coverage yet? I thought it was the TM map, but it doesnt seem to be doing anything.
  20. Steveo Member

UV 1 = Colour / Normals / Spec (OBJ Always exports with this one)
    UV 2 = Detail normals / Camo
    UV 3 = Decal (Ignore UV3)
    • Like x 1