NS Viper Lightning cosmetics

Discussion in 'Game Discussion: PlanetSide 2' started by AfableAutomaton, Aug 15, 2014.

1. AfableAutomaton Member

Updated

Viper v2 (View in 3D)
    [IMG]

Hey every one! Here is my take on the lightning cosmetics. Ive still got alot to do but I figured Id try and get some feedback before I get to far along.

The turret base and the armor/lumifiber seem straight forward enuff but Im still a little hazy on the requirements for the barrels themselves.

Does a single cosmetic barrel override the All others (Equipped Sky guard , Heat, Etc...)?

Can we submit a turret without the barrel and let it use what ever is equipped?

Anywho... here it is so far

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  2. AfableAutomaton Member

Aww... No love for the Viper:(
  3. AfableAutomaton Member

4. Nicococo Active Member

Everyone is getting wasted in Vegas lol :p No but it looks awesome. Hopefully TRay will like it.
    • Like x 1
  5. JS ibanez Member

I'm not in Vegas and I super like it! I just wish I had something constructive to say
    • Like x 1
  6. Puppy Member

I feel the armor part is a bit too minimalistic, at least if I was shopping for a lightning cosmetic. The turret is interesting though.
    • Like x 1
  7. AfableAutomaton Member

Im still adding but the Hex patterns on the sides ate up a decent portion of my pollys, I think I have about 500 or so left.

Hopefully the next iteration will be more enticing to perspective buyers.

Also thanks for Feedback!
  8. Shockwave414 Active Member

It's more VS than NS.
  9. AfableAutomaton Member

NS style borrows from all three factions from my understanding. TRay was talking about it in one of the ITPS episodes, its one of the reasons NS style is hard to nail down. All the plating is 90deg 45 deg angle bricks (NC?) but they are arranged into V's (VS?). was trying to do all the hatches and details circular or curved (TR?).Im not sure what a Hex is considered, I figured it was any faction.

Anywho, more to come...
  10. eldarfalcongravtank Member

it is a very cool VS lightning for sure;) great work
  11. AfableAutomaton Member

Still needs some textureing and a barrel....

[IMG][IMG]
  12. AfableAutomaton Member

13. Zulthus Member

I like it, but this is really more VS than anything.
  14. Nicococo Active Member

Awesome :D Looks high tech.
    • Like x 1
  15. Strottinglemon New Member

Looks VS with all the layers and sharp angles. I like.
  16. AfableAutomaton Member

17. Zulthus Member

I'm confused, are we able to submit our stuff already? I thought we had to wait for PSView to get the DNs/camo all sorted out and submit from there
  18. AfableAutomaton Member

Im not sure what the deal is with PSView, But I could have sworn I heard rick say we could start submitting soon in one of the ITPS episodes and then shortly after the categories started opening up... So......
  19. Arctorn Member

Looks solid, but there's a few issues.

1. Clipping with hood ornaments; you need to account for the space that ornaments will occupy in your model.

2. Clipping issues with both the stock turret and your set's turret; you need to allow full rotation clearance for both turrets with both the stock body and with your set armor, along with ensuring the barrel does not clip at maximum declination.

3. Clipping with composite armor; I think you're okay with this for the most part (minor issues with top/front armor), but you should double check to ensure it looks how you want with the various armors equipped.

4. Name; the Viper is already taken by both a Player Studio helmet and a Lightning weapon (the default C75 Viper); if this isn't a big deal to you, you can leave it, but there's plenty of other options if you're sticking with the snake theme.

5. Barrel length is a bit too long to work with HEAT/HE/AP, and iirc we're supposed to be modeling off the default dimensions for things (HEAT for MBTs, and the Viper for the Lightning). Might need more clarification on this one but if that is true, it's waaaay too long to work with the Viper.
  20. AfableAutomaton Member

Aw crap... I didnt even think about the name... might change that to avoid confusion... cobra maybe... meh?

I used the barrel that came with the sample model for the lenght so not sure about that, easy enough to change tho. I checked the clearance with my turret but I forgot to check the the default one, looks like the tops of the side plates clip a bit but everything else is good.Still gotta doublecheck the barrel clip. The real question is what IS the max declination? I was assuming -5deg

not sure what to say about the hood ornament, for some odd reason I thought it was closer to the front...

Thanks for the 411 Arc, good lookin out!