[NC] Helmet Concept

Discussion in 'Game Discussion: PlanetSide 2' started by metalis4ever, Mar 7, 2014.

1. metalis4ever New Member

I was trying to create something a little unusual looking, I'm not sure if its too unusual tho, and I'm just looking for some feedback before I start adding some details.[IMG]

[IMG]
  2. Giz Active Member

Links are broken. May want to fix it.
  3. Arctorn Member

I was originally going to fix the links, but your filesize is enormous (9k x 9k); shrink the photos down a bit and try it again.
  4. McFluff Active Member

or post a link. and arctorn, if you fixed it any way we could view this would be nice. I would like to see it.
  5. binarycoder Member

Shrunk those down to a manageable size.
    [IMG]

[IMG]

Feel free to swap these out in the OP, metalis.

It's neat. I'm assuming this is meant to be without a head covering, it certainly is unique. Could use some details, and it is a bit questionable with the female head models.
  6. McFluff Active Member

the whole female head thing is the reason I have put either hoods or head cloths over most of my open faced helmets, the only exception being the Havoc, opted Tray said otherwise.
  7. metalis4ever New Member

Thanks a lot for fixing the links for me, I hadn't actually how large the size was :p

How do I switch those out for the ones I originally put? I'm a bit of a noob at posting on forums.

and finally, could someone explain what issues the female head is going to cause?
  8. McFluff Active Member

its not that there is a huge problem, its just that the females have buzz cuts too, so most player studio participants like to cover up all but the face on open faced helmets because of this.
  9. binarycoder Member

Relplace your images with this:
    Code:
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/vaR7t1R.png[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/0BtIXDJ.png[/IMG]
    Pretty much this. It just takes a bit of tweaking to get it to look right.
  10. McFluff Active Member

you can, I believe, make it for just male characters, and then make a version for females with some head scarf or something.
  11. metalis4ever New Member

Thanks a lot Binarycoder, links are fixed now.

Is the open head really going to drive that many people away? and if so, would adding sort of a dome shaped visor over the top half be a viable solution, or will that conflict with the NC style?
  12. McFluff Active Member

I say the concept is fine as is. you just won't likely get as many buys from people who play female characters. Its a very cool concept though, and I would like to see it in game :)
  13. metalis4ever New Member

Thanks for the kind words :)

Should I start creating a more detailed concept, or would it be wise to wait for some sort of official go-ahead before I put the work in?
  14. Nicococo Active Member

I would recommend working on it more and post WIP images to get some feedback.
  15. McFluff Active Member

also, currently some shape language (from the side view mostly) is very TR. too curvy and circular for NC