NC Esamir heavy cloth

Discussion in 'Game Discussion: PlanetSide 2' started by Nicococo, Sep 27, 2013.

1. Nicococo Active Member

cutting straight across would cut TRay's eyes. lol-
  2. TramellRayIsaac Senior Art Director

3. Caribou Member

How bulky can the scarves be? Like can they go over the HA neck armor? or should they stick under?
  4. Nicococo Active Member

Will do.
  5. Nicococo Active Member

I couldn't fit a scarf on because there isn't much room around the neck but I added a cloth type thing. Its a tight fit lol :p
    [IMG]
  6. Faven Active Member

I'm not sure how far down it can go. my latest VS one has quite alot of scarf going on..but then again im not sure thats ok;)
  7. TramellRayIsaac Senior Art Director

Make room
  8. TramellRayIsaac Senior Art Director

Also, add some life to that cloth its looking stiff.
  9. Nicococo Active Member

Al right, I'll see what I can do. Thanks.
  10. Nicococo Active Member

Got the scarf on. Need to sculpt in folds and liven it up a bit. I need to add in some details as well. I have a lot to do but its moving along.
    [IMG]
  11. Faven Active Member

clearly you can make my darn scarf aswell ;)

Got a nice flow to it, not sure how its gonna deal with going low poly but thats a later issue;)
  12. Battleballs Member

Looking good. I would like to see what you would do for the other two factions on cold weather gear.
  13. Nicococo Active Member

Let me finish this one first lol :p Still moving things around. Theres some clipping going on on the characters, so still sorting it out...
    [IMG]
  14. Faven Active Member

scarf and hoodie looking good to me..except the cow tongue thingy that overlaps it :)

But im admittedly terrible at cloth so
  15. Nicococo Active Member

Thats the scarf end that goes under and comes out over the top and hangs there. I was thinking about adding the NC star there.
  16. Oheck Member

Personally I think the addition of a scarf is overkill. Why not just have the hood section continue down under the chin area and create your neck from that? He has gone from a spec ops kinda look to someone shoveling their driveway in Alaska.
  17. TramellRayIsaac Senior Art Director

because a hood tucked into a shirt collar looks odd
  18. Nicococo Active Member

Well I wanted to go with a big, need-lots-of-clothing-to-keep-warm look and seeing that NC is of simple design (I also had some personal inspiration,as well), I went with the base concept. After that Tramell told me to add the scarf and it really completed the base concept.
  19. Faven Active Member

Hey Nico. can you give any pointers on scarf around the neck. Mine is driving me absolutely mental.

Did you sculpt your out of 1 object or do you use 2 cylinders that you skew/deform?
  20. Nicococo Active Member

Hey Faven. Heres a rough workflow: just keep in mind that its not set in stone so you have to go with the flow and adapt to the situation. First I grab any shape off the tool palette and append it as a subtool. Go into Dynamesh mode and switch over to the MOVE brush. Start moving the mesh around until you have something that resembles the overall shape of a scarf or a cylinder I guess. Use some reference to get the approximate shape : 1 - 2 - 3 You'll notice (depending on the kind of scarf you want) that the cloth tends to stack on itself on the sides and not the front (study some cloth flow;) ). I usually add in and subtract form (to make the folds) with the INFLATE brush. Dam standard brush also works great to cut into the mesh. When you're working with the inflate brush use gentle strokes and very sparingly, don't exaggerate the amount of strokes. Also, dont sculpt in too many folds because it'll look too soft. Like I said before, it depends on the situation and what kind of fabric you want to mimic. It takes some practice but the important things here are initial form/shape and not going overboard with the cloth folds. Hope this helps a bit...