Jingasa VS Max Helm

Discussion in 'Game Discussion: PlanetSide 2' started by AfableAutomaton, Oct 10, 2015.

1. AfableAutomaton Member

Hey everyone, been awhile since I've posted a WIP so I figured I do at least one more. Been working on this one for a little while, Concept Is done for the most part. Still need to sort out some Camo scaling. I also have about 1400 poly left to spend so I might rework the neck a little.

Any who... let me know what you think.

Jingasa Preview2 (View in 3D)
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  2. binarycoder Member

Looks very cool. My only concern is that the brim may be just a wee bit too big. I get that it's supposed to stand out, but the hitbox concerns me. Can we maybe see it compared to the standard max helmet?
  3. Faven Active Member

oh I kinda like this. I think its to wide though. I would narrow it an even taper it a bit at the back, it will make the entire piece fit more with the rest of the max.
  4. AfableAutomaton Member

The Default head Is a hair larger than mine so the mask and the brim combined are about the same. Side to side its a wider but the "head" is the same. This geometry dosent effect hitboxes anyway so I dont think its as much of an issue anyway, but I hear ya. Im sure Bill will smack it down if its too big.

I tried a couple other shapes but I came back to this one . I had been considering releasing another version with an alternative top. My original sketches had the back layered like a horseshoe crab.

Thanks for the feedback fellas, good food for thought moving forward.
  5. AfableAutomaton Member

Here is a version with a bit of a taiper and the Back chopped out. I shrank it more overall but not so much as to kill the look.

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  6. Faven Active Member

I think thats a lot more intresting. the other thing for me is that the helmet doesn't really "work" from the front view, the max got all these diagonal stuff all over and the brimg of the hat is horizontal, makes for a weird cut. could just be me though
  7. AfableAutomaton Member

Yeah, It could use a ridge in the middle and a bit of a V shape to it. Maybe one more iteration then. That last render makes it look flat but I think alot of that is the camera being lined up parallel with the brim. I was trying to show how I shrank it down side to side with that one.
  8. Fuzz Active Member

what faven said, even if you have like a tassle hanging down or something to break that really flat edge