Fall Leaf Camo

Discussion in 'Game Discussion: PlanetSide 2' started by Dash, Aug 15, 2013.

1. Dash Member

I had an idea pop in my head last night about wanting to do a fall type camo. I have not seen any fall leaf camos or anything while lurking in the Player Studio Forums so I hope you like it ^.^

It is my first camo and any critique would be great.

[IMG]

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  2. Sunderer Member

Great first camo, only two things you might want to look up.
    How to create a tile, so it will be seamless in all directions.
    How to create vectors, that way you can stretch and turn your shape as much as you want. It stops the pixels on the shapes edge from going blurry or jagged.
  3. Dash Member

All right! I have been messing with it and I may end up starting over so I can get the edges down to tile. Silly me and I forgot to save all my layers x.x

Thank you very much! I also have a few other ideas in my head ^.^
  4. NightFall998 Member

you got 6 colors going on in there
  5. Dash Member

I only used 3

A yellow, orange, and red.
  6. JerreyRough Member

You've got black outlines and all three colors of leaves have a lighter outline of their respective colors. That's 7 colors.
  7. Dash Member

All right, I shall go back and fix that up then :) Thank You!
  8. fox_news Member

what program did you use for the models?
  9. Dash Member

10. Dash Member

All right I think I may be getting somewhere now ^^

I only used 3 colors this time reused the 3 colors for each of the different color leafs to still give them an outline.
    Cleaned it up some with basic vectoring and tiled it up a lot better.

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  11. MasterMagnus Active Member

Now you're thinking! It's a bit dense. Maybe blow it up bigger, so there are 1/4 as many leaves. And you might even thicken the outlines. Plus fewer tiles on the camo tester, try 2-4. Bigger shapes.
  12. Dash Member

Thank You ^^ I will see what I can do later on tonight.

A few friends of mine were saying for me to make it a little darker. So I tried that and did size 4 tile.

Results on a lib.
    [IMG]
  13. Dash Member

Went through with some recommendations.
    Made the colors darker so they are not eye bleeding bright and cartoony and used the Reaver as an example in Camo Tester.

Also bonus Greyscale!
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

Thank you everyone for the suggestions :) I hope I am getting a little closer.
  14. NightFall998 Member

Hey I just remembered seeing something similar to this in the forums 2 weeks ago. @OP you might want to search for it to make sure it's different
  15. Dash Member

I was searching through the forum a few weeks back to make sure. Then again I could be a wrong.

The only one I remember was the Maple Leaf one but it was much different.
  16. MasterMagnus Active Member

I still think there are too many leaves in the image. But you're getting much closer to something workable.

If you're happy with it submit. If it were me, I'd blow up the grayscale and go with that.
  17. Dash Member

I blew it up some but it looked really off to me, I submitted it just now. If it is declined I will refine it some more. Thank you all so much. I hope it makes it, if it does I shall start working on another idea I have :)
  18. Dash Member

It was declined due to not being visually compelling. Guess I don't have what it takes x.x
  19. TramellRayIsaac Senior Art Director

that's not it at all, you just picked the wrong pattern to submit.
  20. Dash Member

What would you suggest? I would still want to go with the maple leaf or should I start over with it?