"Dawn of the Dark Elf" Item Creation Competition

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Syrah, Jun 11, 2013.

1. IceSyDesigns Active Member

ok, well guess my FaceBook friends will see the contest items I submit, but no one else! LOL

Would be awesome to have all entries go in the MarketPlace under a special tag / category!
  2. Rollen Active Member

So I should spy on you to see what you are up to? :p
    • Like x 1
  3. IceSyDesigns Active Member

ROFL you can if you like :p

90% of the time, I don't post pics until I am close to done, or after items are submitted. ;)
  4. Syrah Developer

Great questions here. Thank you.

Please don't post your stuff for feedback in the Player Studio submissions forums, but you can do what you like elsewhere. SOE employees cannot comment in any way until the contest closes.

Anything submitted for the contest is also submitted for Player Studio. :) No need to resubmit those after the contest. I will post all of the contest entries in the usual place when the contest closes.

You guys can talk to each other, naturally. It's a great community -- how could you not talk?
  5. Estred Member

Some of us have, now I have an important question for you.

"and even headgear (submitted as hair.)"

This presents an issue. I currently am working on a Tiara of sorts. It looks great using a pharoh style headdress. This covers most of the head though. Should I place Hair under it or just submit the Tiara without the Headdress? There are also no rules regarding these types of things. To they follow the same rules as Hair? 1000 Tris for L0 and 500 for L1?

Also how do we judge for ourselves if the headgear will clip through hair properly depending on the type it is?
  6. Syrah Developer

Please submit it as hair. We are actually working on expanding the hair category to be "hair and headgear" or "hair and hats" but we haven't gotten far enough to announce it yet. But you can still enter the contest with this kind of submission.

Clipping is a separate subject which I will investigate more internally and then post about in a separate thread.
  7. Estred Member

Thank you very much as it stands I have a Male and Female of my headgear entrants already modeled and unwrapped. So the sooner the better for me :)
  8. Rollen Active Member

BTW "Dawn of the Dark elf" is a book series from R.A. Salvatore. Not sure if there is any legal issues with this, but you might want to change the name of the contest.
  9. Beatles Member

With hairstyles don't you just submit an obj and a screenshot? It says we have to use the provided tga file. I would love to add beads or bows to hair but you can't model those with a hair texture. Is there something I am missing?
  10. Estred Member

Hehe, another question. Do these headgear meshes require L1 and L0 as well? I have one at 750 Triangles and was curious.

I do have a L1 at 480 though if needed.
  11. Beatles Member

Are your referring to Passage to Dawn or the Dark Elf Trilogy? I don't know that Salvatore has a book specifically called Dawn of the Dark Elf.
  12. Lerimus New Member

As much as I like the idea of getting, finally, some new hair styles for my all time favourite race - the dark elves, I would rather like to see an option to change the eyebrow color, having black hair and white eyebrows just doesn't look right. So dear development team, please make my dream true...

Many thanks to all of you guys who are creating new hair styles :)
  13. Bullhorn Member

Hi All!!!
  14. Estred Member

Yahoo! Got one of the 3 items finished and submitted.
    • Like x 1
  15. IceSyDesigns Active Member

I have 2 still to get done,. and quickly running out of time :/
  16. CakvalaSC Member

Hah! I have one more I am working on and I may not get it done in time. I'm not thinking ill win anyway... Least i have one in!
  17. Estred Member

I got 2 as well I know the feeling :) keep at it.
  18. IceSyDesigns Active Member

Never know hun,. you may just steal the show with it! ;)
  19. IceSyDesigns Active Member

lol oh I am. And due to this contest,. well the theme at least,. I have a ton of new ideas for other "race / deity" themed items. Wondering if I should go ahead and make them,. or hold off to see what contest theme is next! ;)
  20. Estred Member

I would hold the idea, keep working on other things. I have some Fear-Themed items that came to mind myself.