How much have you made with Player Studio?

Discussion in 'Game Discussion: PlanetSide 2' started by Luke, Apr 26, 2015.

1. Luke Member

Also I think the game has to be constantly growing in players in order for sales to remain the same. Because once someone buys something, it remains with them forever and they dont have to buy it again, so they can no longer generate sales for that item.
  2. Mavix Member

The primary way to keep the sales rolling and not dropping with population or nothing to buy is to spread to other platforms (PS4 and eventually XBox). Odd thing though, there was a lot of ruckus over PS spreading to other countries. I can't tell that changed much except to compensate for pop drops since its been rather consistent.
  3. CoffeeOutlaw Active Member

i dont think there way any fancy shader stuff going on, (on left) [IMG]
  4. 8zero Member

I've pulled around 1k on my last 2-3 checks and anywhere from $150 - $900 on the others. This has been a really fun experience, looking forward to making camo's again. :)
  5. MangoPunch Member

I hope you've picked out which mansion you're going to buy once armour sets are accepted.
  6. Faven Active Member

I'm swedish. I tax away roughly 40-50% :S
  7. McFluff Active Member

And i thought 10% of my 40% was bad...
  8. JetSetz Member

Speaking of tax thingy... how on earth do they calculate things?
    I've just been billed £152 (12.5% UK London Tax, HMRC) and I have NOT EVEN STARTED yet... not a penny earned or spent but i've been billed that amount, say what?!
    I'm currently looking into what is going on with that (and on the letter i'm pressured to pay within 30days or i'll be charged a penalty). o_O

Is there someone I could chat with seriously about this matter for some advice or help?
  9. Faven Active Member

@jetsetz I would just call the tax revfenue office,, i know jack squat about UK stuff.
  10. Lobstrex Member

Woah Jet, you sure it's Playerstudio related? I've never heard anything like that before.
  11. Faven Active Member

No it isnt, untill the check is cashed theres no record of it.
  12. JetSetz Member

Well this whole VAT thing was done for the sole purpose of this player studio thing, otherwise I wouldn't need it. I had to wait over 6months to get a silly vat-number (I should effectively ask for a compensation for that, it's putting my work at stake). And now that I have the number and can finally carry on with player studio papers (as of 7th apr 2015), i've been billed that amount for the duration of sept 2014 to feb 2015 for I don't really know what exactly. So yeah I need to speak to someone who knows this stuff *sadface*
    I have a physical letter with me about that.
    In short it's about:
    "HMRC assess the amount of VAT payable by you for the period as being £152.00
    The above amount is now due and should be paid immediately.
    If you do not draw this to our attention within 30 days from the date of this assessment (17th apr 2015), you may be liable to a penalty and interest."

This is some crazy Robin Hood drama going on here lol
  13. Fuzz Active Member

afaik PS cost me a tenner for the tax check thing (the US fourms) and that was it. you might want to check whats going on,
  14. Lobstrex Member

Yeah, £10 here too. Definitely chase this up, something's gone wrong!
  15. difra Member

can somebody help me with the tax laws in germany.

that will be very nice
  16. Syrah Developer

That was not a bill from Daybreak Games, was it? If you think that this is a Daybreak error, please write to me at playerstudio@daybreakgames.com.
  17. Steveo Member

You know you can just register as self-employed and put the earnings down as royalties, which then in turn get calculated into your total income. You dont need to register for a VAT number unless your earnings are over £81k per year.
  18. Steveo Member

Because you registered a VAT number before April 1st 2015, it is likely you have been billed for Class 2 National Insurance Contributions.
  19. McFluff Active Member

just checking, was a check supposed to arrive this month?
  20. Steveo Member

Yeah but there is a delay.