Question on Application

Discussion in 'News and Discussion' started by Kidaria, Oct 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kidaria New Member

Hi all,

I applied and received an email saying I would be getting set up but haven't heard anything back once I responded with the information asked for. I'm not sure what the time frame is for getting set up and it's been roughly a month since I received that email. I did reply twice thinking I may have messed up the first time, but I still haven't heard anything. Is there something else I need to do that I missed?

Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks!
    Kidaria
  2. Tarlof Senior EQ Firiona

Hello there!

Have you checked your SPAM folder on the E-Mail address you provided?

Sometimes emails from the program might be filtered as spam... The one contacting you will be a member of the program, so check your emails...

and we'll NEVER ask you for your account / password information... we don't need it, only the application has that one detail on it for SOE to use and they will verify your initial application and then they give us only the contact email and the other questions except the verification information (That stays confidential for SOE) for our people to work with on grading the application... Thus, the importance of checking the email... Here, a copy of the tip from the FAQ about the email process...

Q: My application has been submitted now what do I do?
    A: Sit back, relax, and wait. If you are accepted into the program, you will be informed via email. Make sure your email address is current as well as check to make sure your Spam folder hasn't eaten our message that is if you have a spam filter running. If you haven't heard back from anyone in a month time, you can always re-apply.

Q: My application has been graded now what do I do?
    A: You will be contacted regarding the outcome of your application. If you have been successful you will be contacted by a Senior Guide on a server that has need for new Candidates.

The Senior Guide contacting you will be using their own email.. There is a chance, you might see an email from "Gerbots"

From: Gerbots Admin - it will have an unusual address if you find it but it should have a verification email address on the email so you can verify it's from one of our Seniors...

We sometimes have an automated E-mail our Seniors use for contacting candidates, but it might be filtered as spam as well... that email will usually have a verification email address you can check it with on there... but if you see an email from that one, read that one as well... it might be the one you're looking for...

Hope that helps...

Tarlof
    Senior Guide
    Firiona Vie - Everquest
  3. Kidaria New Member

Thanks for the quick response Tarlof!

I probably should have mentioned I did receive an email from a Senior Guide simply asking what server(s) I currently played on so I could get set up on a different server and responded with the 'Reply All' feature as requested. A second time after two weeks passed and I hadn't heard anything. I received a copy of each reply email in my own inbox and I've been checking my Spam folder as well.

Sorry for the confusion, I should have been more specific. I guess my question is, once you receive the email stating you're being set up, is there an estimated time when you'll hear something back about being set up or is there something I may have missed?

Thanks!
    Kidaria
  4. Kidaria New Member

Just received an email from the Gerbots Admin so I will follow through with that one as well. :)
  5. Ashlanne Active Member

If you don't receive any other communication by the end of the week please contact me directly on these forums. Click my name from this post, then select "Start a conversation," I can look into things a bit further.
  6. Kidaria New Member

Thanks Ashlanne!

I think things are progressing right along now. Thank you for the offer of assistance!
  7. Ashlanne Active Member

You are very welcome
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.