Bivin
Last activity:
Jan 28, 2016
Story Teller and Chief Bottle Washer

Share This Page

Bivin

Well-Known Member, Male, from In the deepest, darkest woods

http://www.mmorpg.com/gameon.cfm/cast/61 (Note especially Dave G.'s comments between about 17:40 and 24:00. Very encouraging.) Oct 22, 2013

1. Evoras
      Listened to the whole of the interview and must say that I, too, am encouraged by how emphatic he was that there WILL be challenging death penalty and group content. I guess we will have to hope these ideas dont get slowly worn away through the development phase.
      1. Bivin likes this.
    2. Bivin
    3. Evoras
      Now we have a v.large number of people playing MMOs, but a plurality (heading towards a majority) have been brought up on ever-easier games - particularly F2P.

If EQN is unable to resist these forces (and here it is the backers who will have the final say, no doubt) then which game will ? SWTOR failed to resist, NVN failed to resist, AoC failed to resist, even TSW failed to resist :(
      1. Bivin likes this.
    4. Evoras
      There used to be a disconnect between 'early adopters' (UO/EQ1) and 'those that followed' once the concept of MMOs came into the main. In those initial days it was not much of a problem until WoW opened it's doors. Not because WoW was a *bad* game, but because it was money driven above all things else. This meant pandering to the 'casual gamer' over and above any 'vision' the original developers may have had.
      1. Bivin likes this.
    5. Hilvon
      An idea to your separate server bin:
      Ask SOE not to list your immersion server(s) along the common ones, unless the player willingly cheks something in a distant menu.
      Or else you'll end up with what happened to RP servers in WoW - tonns of people that came to your server not because they loved immersion - but because it was the lowest population one. Needless to say how bad it would be.
      1. Bivin likes this.
    6. Narreneth
      You and I seem to be pretty like-minded on a lot of these posts. At least to a fairly decent degree. Obviously this means we are both very intelligent and debonaire individuals.
      1. Bivin likes this.
      2. Bivin
        Bivin
        Thanks! That, and we do not suffer foolish arguments gladly.
        I appreciate Beeman's skill at articulation, but his arguments' tendency to change the definition of words I cannot abide.
        Oct 9, 2013
    7. JennBren
      Thanks for the invite to your poll page on limited travel. I had actually found this yesterday from another of your posts, but I'm very flattered to be asked to join your discussion. Great posts Bivin and nice to meet you. :-)
      1. Bivin likes this.
    8. Tsagh
      I think right now, I want to wait and see what SOE does with their own ideas before putting extra pressure on them. I am certainly on board with many of the proposed systems, but before I assume that I will not be able to coexist with the large population, I want to see what the finished product is like. Right now, I am going to continue to have faith that normal servers will be able to offer a great experience.
      1. Bivin
        Bivin
        That's okay. Thanks for writing back!
        Hope your having a great weekend.. :)
        Oct 6, 2013
    9. Clodzen
      Posting it in my signature.
      1. Bivin likes this.
      2. Bivin
        Bivin
        Thanks!
        Oct 6, 2013
  • Signature

But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
    I have spread my dreams under your feet;
    Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
    W.B. Yeats

And we're driving Cadillacs in our dreams....:cool:
    Lorde

About

Story Teller and Chief Bottle Washer
    One part Irish, one part Cherokee, and the rest is piss and vinegar.