Kerran roof texture?

Discussion in 'TW: Kerran' started by Taelaa, Aug 29, 2014.

1. Taelaa Trailblazer

Since Kerran roof textures were not included in the color guide, I wanted to ask here for feedback, since I've been using sandstone roof tiles on my builds, Fugazi's roofs are made of copper, and Ahnzul and Ginsan use Burled wood shingles. Is it ok for Kerrans to have these variations in roof textures or should we all be using Burled wood shingles?
  2. Kelvani Founder

Good question! I myself used striped wood shingles...
  3. Halfwise Trailblazer

I saw a brief blip of the Style guide on the show. Is it posted somewhere? or are you working from memory?
  4. Taelaa Trailblazer

I was working from memory, so I went back and paused on the color sheet. It says on the bottom left - Burled wood for upper walls, floors and roofs. However, I'm not using stucco either. I suppose I can do a burled shingle roof test to see how it looks with my builds. I think the sandstone tiles are a big part of the "whimsical" in my builds.
  5. Vilse Trailblazer

I really like the burled wood for roofs and I've been trying to work in some structure into my roofs and arrived at my own "shingles" that I think give a pleasing look both close up and from afar. Using burled wood planks.

Light play and shadows ...
    [IMG]

Different lighting ...
    [IMG]

The pieces I used, tilable 3x3 shapes...
    [IMG]

Bonus is that you get a nice chain inlay if you want
    [IMG]

Cheers
  6. Shattari Trailblazer

I have been using burled wood and hammered copper both. They work well together and break of the solid look of one texture. [IMG]