Hotfix notes - 29 April 2016

Discussion in 'Update Notes and Developer Discussion' started by Domino, Apr 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Domino Developer

• Fixed an issue where sometimes creatures on your claim could not be moved after placement
    • Fixed an issue where creatures or story props placed by other people could not be edited by the claim owner
    • "Building Block Basics" and the follow up "Modular Thinking" goal should now be completable
    • Story node props no longer default to "on screen" display
    • A bug where the paint tool could still sometimes paint through walls onto something behind should be even more fixed now
    • Building tools should work more reliably when using the freefly camera at long distances away from your character
    • You should now be able to swap in and out equipment while in combat (though not while actually using an ability)
    • Corrected an issue where sometimes a story prop or creature name was not correctly deleting the default text when edited
    • The stray test achievement that was showing up in your journal should now be banished back to oblivion where it belongs
    (Sorry grey-skinned folks - we did find the cause of this bug but there wasn't time to get it in today. Soon!)
    Kurisutaru, Darvaleo, Helie and 5 others like this.
  2. jgrotter Trailblazer

First

Future home of some impressions on current updates.
  3. Karrane Trailblazer

Thanks Domino :) ... and Crew!!! <3
  4. Wildflower Trailblazer

Thank you Domino...I think you all are really doing a splendid job of staying on top of our Bug Squashing Patrol regardless of what the naysayers report! Do hope the bug of the static weapon on death and resurrection is solved now.
    urbansheople likes this.
  5. Parthin Trailblazer

The story node text was widely reported to not display. It did not not display for me either. Some people's toons looked grey.
    Miria likes this.
  6. Wildflower Trailblazer

Just ran into a new glitch...my Greater Lightstone and my regular Lightstones are not providing any light in the surface caves. Anyone else having this problem? My Bottled Moonlight is experiencing the same problem...no light.
  7. Myhrea Trailblazer

I agree something is up with this. Surface caves are now nearly impossible to see in.

Also having trouble with my ore and gem seekers... they seem to be non-functional.
  8. Tazha Trailblazer

Cave seeker also does not seem to be working
  9. swartzer Member

I had my ore prospector, ground sounder, and cave seeker all turned on from last night. When I logged in just now, the cave seeker wasn't working though its buff icon still showed. Ore prospector and ground sounder were working, but when I turned them off and back on again, they were similar to the cave seeker; buff icon showed, but no other effect.

Oddly enough, my Gem Seeker's brooch does work, and I can turn it on and off normally.

Lightstones do work for me in surface caves (desert biome, at least.)
  10. Myhrea Trailblazer

I have tried everything I can think of and the Ore and Gems won't show. I have restarted and stopped them trashed them and made new ones tried those still not working at all this is very frustrating.

Also of note after 4 solid hours of trying to get recipes I got 2 in 4 hours... is this as intended because I'm just gonna have to say please fix it back... Seems almost stopped now... Though I don't know if it's because it's going back and trying to give me all the old ones I already have or what the deal is but I don't seem to get hardly any at all and to be perfectly honest no one is going to play for much more than 4 hours at a stretch doing something and if you think I need to play at getting the recipes longer than that your likely to be seeing my Drs bill for giving me not only carpal tunnel but for blood clots or something as no one should have to sit and mine and kill things in the chaos caverns for much longer than that people do need to get up and move around.
  11. Myhrea Trailblazer

Oh and I'm sorry I forgot to add that the new encounters down in the caverns are totally awesome... though extremely challenging for solo players... I really like the new mobs... certainly gives the caverns more of a challenge and makes it a LOT more fun... though I will note that many a time even blowing up half the ruin with dynamite I am struggling to find any chests... I also note that some of the ruins don't seem to have an elite either.
  12. Parthin Trailblazer

Agree, caverns are a lot more fun. Much more of a reason to group up to go down there, which will please us social types (aren't MMOs supposed to have group content?). I don't know you, but feel free to look me up (this is my real game name).
    Sigtyr likes this.
  13. Myhrea Trailblazer

Mine too and will do I very much enjoy the adventures... I could spend all day down there if not for the need to get up and move around a bit.
  14. ManInLevis Trailblazer

If you don't have a lot of patience this is looking like it is going to be very expensive to play if you want props in your builds but we really wont know till launch day. Right now im guessing the target price is around $2.50 for common props and 10 dollars each for rares. But again this is just a guess.
  15. Myhrea Trailblazer

I agree the progress is now WAY too slow... I certainly hope this isn't going to be the new drop rate because if it is after we go live it might be 6 years at this rate before I am able to build anything.
    Zlyvr and Miria like this.
  16. Zeoni Trailblazer

yep some one said that in the old update ..that stuff was broken and went on to scream at the Dev's on how they keep breaking stuff that needs working. I told him if the Dev's want to go a million yards back they can it is they're game. we can't do anything but sit and eat popcorn ..pass the salt & butter please and ty.
  17. urbansheople Trailblazer

Was setting up some of the story nodes today and there is a checkbox to have the node display everything in the chat, but.. is it possible to have checkboxes for each thing?

Here is an example

I have my little dude and he is calm. and he is emoting his nod and nodding at people. Then Someone touches him and he gets angry and points and screams "dont touch the guard" ... but then I want to set him to be calm again when the timed emote plays, but I have to also now reset him to calm the next time he nods so he calmly nods....., but I just want him to "nod' in the text chat and ignore the calm ...

I dont care if he is fuming before he has to nod again I just want to have him calm down by then without everyone seeing him calmly nod.. about the only way I can do this is to make two nodes so that he is set calmly again before he nods without showing it in chat and then use a second story node just for the nod...

It would be easier if i could just check off in a list what I want displayed in the chat so that my dudes don't display that they are angry and pointing or calm and nodding..

[IMG]

(well that is confusing I hope this makes sense to whomever reads it..) :confused:
    Zeoni likes this.
  18. Zeoni Trailblazer

Clear the Dev's don't play any Rempy Games (Visual Novels) or they know how to make this simple fix Urbansheople. it just a text / delay to emote and stop.. delay to /nod emote or something like that Sorry so far only play them and watch videos on how to make them pretty much all your telling the npc to nod and get mad if touched and then calm down to nod again without telling anyone. kind a simple.
  19. Uverret Trailblazer

I want to aska question, because I have been keeping track of my prop recipe drop rate and that of my guild mates while we adventure together. I have been getting max 2-3 (maybe 4?) recipes for props per day since the 26th. I have been gathering/fighting/woodcutting almost constantly instead of building (mostly). These play sessions have lasted hours. So, noting my guild mates have been getting 5-6 drops over a couple hours, I got suspicious. Then I got really sore about it, that is until today, when the same situation seemed to be happening to someone else in general chat.

The thing the person in general chat and I had in common (that my guild mates and I do not) is that we both had collected all the props available to us before the patch. The question I want to ask is, did you collect all of the props available to us before the patch?

I want to make a bug report about this, but I am hesitating because of how it will come across, exactly as I first felt. And now I feel like I am whining... but still looking for folks who might help me figure this out.
  20. Myhrea Trailblazer

I was close within 15 or 20 of being complete... I'm still seeing drops of 2 to 4 per day... And it was way higher before... I can work at it all day long and still only get 2 to 4...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.