Zylphax the Shredder and AE blocker???

Discussion in 'Dirge' started by ARCHIVED-DarkVillian, Dec 18, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-DarkVillian Guest

Anyone know why Bladedance doesn't block his AE (sometimes)? In the video you see that everything is going smooth, I pop a god ability that lasts for a minute, and wait till we are told to joust, and pop my blocker...I get hit with the AE, fortunantely have a great group of MT healers and they cure me and I go on my merry way, but why was I hit? I've actually blocked it, and successfully use Turnstrike on this encounter, but after that I lost some faith in Bladedance...Any ideas????

Message Edited by DarkVillian on 12-18-2006 10:59 AM
  2. ARCHIVED-Narben Von Nacht Guest

Might be something to do with the AoE coming from the vase and not him?
    Or it could just be this ability is one of the few flagged as unavoidable, there's not many, but they exist. Fitz's stun in DT is a good example.

I'm guessing they don't want the encounter trivialised with Bladedance. Zylphax doesn't have a lot of hp, most of the difficulty lies in not being able to fully apply a raids dps against him.
  3. ARCHIVED-DarkVillian Guest

Oh yeah the encounter is really easy, no doubt...And your right, that could be the case. But i've used it before and its worked..

I forgot to link the video, its found below...But nonetheless, do they consider the vase to be direct damage?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3fEfcSrLSE
  4. ARCHIVED-The Happyhawke Guest

its prolly not considered to be direct damage from the vase but the vase prolly isnt considered as part of the encounter, turnstrike prolly doesnt work outside that encounter, e.g you use turnstrike on mob A, mob A AEs you dont get hit but mob B is an add from a separate encounter, mob B AEs and you get hit cos mob B is separate and therefore not affected by turnstrike
  5. ARCHIVED-DarkVillian Guest

But, for example, two gazers get pulled in DT, throw up Bladedance and it blocks BOTH AEs and they are seperate encounters. The DOT from the Vase must be considered Direct Damage
  6. ARCHIVED-Rijacki Guest

Or it could just and simply be consider -unresistable- by any means. Unresistable means that it is going to hit you regardless of what you do to attempt to prevent it.
  7. ARCHIVED-Feleta157 Guest

I've done this encounter several times and never noticed bladedance working. I know that bladedance works for multiple encounters (the eyes from DT mentioned earlier are a perfect example). I'm sure it has something to do with the fact that the AE comes from the pots. It is either because the pots directly target everyone (which I think is the most probable) or because they are flagged as unresitable. Either way I think bladedance is working fine.
  8. ARCHIVED-DarkVillian Guest

Dont want any confusion, the ability works, just noticed it not working sometimes on Zylphax. I've actually had it block, and sometimes it doesn't. But agree, I think it has to be the vase's are direct damage
  9. ARCHIVED-Smudgy67 Guest

I've never had it block damage from the vases. Are you sure you didn't just resist that attack?
  10. ARCHIVED-DarkVillian Guest

That's actually a really good thought. Early in when EoF rolled I recall really stacking resists for this encounter...But, good chance I was wearing DPS gear (oxymoron I know) because the encounter is really easy with minimal negative raid impact. Honestly, never really thought of that...
  11. ARCHIVED-Zagats Guest

That's just the way he works. He drops the vase "Opps, did I drop that!?"
    Vase breaks. AoE goes off. Anyone in the vicinity of that AoE will get hit, regardless
    of any AoE avoidance skills, ie getaway, amazing reflexes, blade dance etc.

It's not a bug, just part of the encounter.

And congrats to Sony on finally making a strategy encounter. If you raid members cooperate and make the strategy work, he's not that hard.