Zones we would like to see Fabled

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Luzionist, Jun 13, 2014.

1. Tabri Well-Known Member

Call me crazy but I would personally like a Fabled Stormhold Keep or Fallen Gate :)
    Axterix and Livejazz like this.
  2. Tarb New Member

Id love for the next Exp to be Luclin exspecially for the 10th anniversary but i heard its going to be a new area with dinosaurs...we shall see.
    Livejazz likes this.
  3. Gaealiege Active Member

I would like to see a Fabled New Tunaria (this zone was completely ignored in EoF, so I'd rather it be this one) or Castle Mistmoore.
  4. Rainmare Well-Known Member

I think out of all the EoF zones...the one I want to see is Unrest. they others were mostly insanely small. Achadism/the tomb on the cliff in LP, meldrath, the innovation one in Klak...were very, VERY small. really outside of Unrest the only large stuff was the one contested dungeons and raids. I don't want 3 more fabled zones that me and my group can do all of in an hour.

So please, please Kander if you guys can make a hard effort at Fabling Unrest. I'd rather you delayed the Fabled Eof zones trying/succeeding to fable unrest then just to go, eh that zone is too complicated, lets skip it.
  5. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

The problem with Unrest, was that once you'd done the script 2 or 3 times, it became tedious and not enjoyable, so people didn't go back.

What would be more fun, would be to use the zone again, but make it a X2 zone. As EoF will be part of next expac, Im hoping there will be a space in itemisation for a good x2 zone, and fabled unrest sounds fun for that.
  6. Hammdaddy Active Member

Honestly if emerald halls isn't in the fabled EoF it wont even be worth doing. EH was THE zone of the expansion, honestly EH/MMiC/Throne room.~
  7. Rainmare Well-Known Member

the fabled EoF stuff I think isn't going to have a raid zone. it's going to be instance dungeons.
  8. Wirewhisker Well-Known Member

Fabled Achadechism, can't wait!
  9. Gash Active Member

I'd like to see Estate of Unrest and New Tunaria.
  10. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Really should read Kanders post on page 1.
    Wirewhisker likes this.
  11. Rainmare Well-Known Member

I reread it. so lets see what were the raid zones in EoF. there was EH, Freethinkers, the clockwork menace, throne of new tunaria...and I don't remember any others. so what they plan to fable all of them but EH?

as to the instances....yeah. the only decent sized instance in EoF was Unrest. the rest of them even at the new level are going to take maybe 20 minutes, tops, to do. they are just to darn small.
  12. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Mistmoores Inner Sanctum too, that was a reasonably long raid zone. 6 or 7 nameds iirc.

Instance wise,
    • The D'Vinnian Throne
    • The Mines of Meldrath
    • Court of Innovation
    • The Acadechism
    • Obelisk of Blight
    • Crypt of Valdoon
    • The Estate of Unrest
    Quite a few to chose from, if we rule out unrest, still leaves a choice of 6, of which some of them were relatively time consuming.

I think really though, the main heroic stuff will hopefully be Castle Mistmoore, I'd even like to see 2 contested zones and have the catacombs too. Just make them worth doing.
    Wolfsbaine likes this.
  13. Rainmare Well-Known Member

I disagree. none of those, except MAYBE blight, were long. you have to remember the strats so far haven't changed for a fabled zone. anyone who ever played those knows how to play it. and I would wager in all those choices, I could get my group together, or even a trio of us, and complete those zones in 20 minutes, tops, for any of them. some alot less. like the acadechism. we were doing that zone in 7-10 minutes back when Eof was the cap. I shudder to think how quick it might go even if fabled.
  14. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

To be fair now, apart from HoF/Vaults (And Vaults only because of obsence mob hp), all ToV zones can be done in like 10-15 mins too max. Dominion can be done in under 10 with a good group. So hardly an issue
  15. The Jones Active Member

I love the fabled zones as much as the next guy and will be happy when they come out, but is there any plan to make any future fabled zones scale-able to where you'd only have to update loot tables for existing fabled zones during a new expansion?

I'm sure this is far from trivial and probably won't ever happen, but I'm just throwing it out there because stale content makes me sad.
  16. Luperza Community Manager

Neat discussion! Keep up the suggestions. :)
  17. Rainmare Well-Known Member

my concern is a group that can do VD in 10 minutes...coudl do any of those eof zones in 5, tops. and that's prolly with them slacking off at it. they just aren't large zones or even medium sized. hell Valdoon's crypt is like 4 rooms and a couple hallways, and so is the D'vinn throne and Achadeism, and the mines of meldrath.

the only zone in EoF that was really massive as far as getting through it was Unrest. the second one to it is Blight. maybe we'll get lucky and they'll make like 3 raid zones, New Tunaria/Mistmoore into contested dungeons, and just blight as an instance. the rest outside of Unrest are just too small. I want something that i'll look forward to doing, not something that I'll be able to run all of them in 20 minutes and not even notice the loot cause it got muted or looted to fast to see.
  18. Adegx Active Member

As an old school Eq1 Player i have many Fond? ok maybe thats not the right word. But I have many memories of crushbone keep. I'd like to see the CBK zone turn fabled. with Random orc packs rushing through the halls and shouting TRAIN!!!!
  19. Hammdaddy Active Member

Honestly if a contested zone is coming please, please, Please dont make it mmc. If i get the slow cast/jugular slice every encounter again im gonna kms. New tunaria would proboly be the better option if it was made to be like HKC and where its really difficult.
  20. The Jones Active Member

I'm a non-raider and the idea of doing VD in 10 minutes is nails on a chalkboard to me. I'm quite happy if I finish a VD PUG in 30-40 minutes, if at all. I'm not saying you don't have a good point, but keep in mind that there are non-organized, non-raid geared folks that like to group as well in these zones.