Zones for hunting

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, and New Player Questions' started by ARCHIVED-wurtin, Apr 14, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-wurtin Guest

I'm a returning player who hasn't played since soon after the release of DoF. Currently I'm leveling a Dark Elf Coercer in Darklight Woods and loving it. However, I'm looking ahead already to when I'll be 20 (2 or 3 kills from 16).

Are there evil outposts throughout the Faydwer zones or do I need to go through Nek Forrest again ?
  2. ARCHIVED-Chaly Guest

Go visit Gorrowyn. Timorous Deep should have some stuff to entertain you for a couple levels. In fact, you should head there now.
  3. ARCHIVED-Mendou Guest

As long as you stay off the royal platform in Kelethin you can access everything there. Although I seem to recall my coercer was ignored by a few merchants somewhere... might've been qeynos though. lol
    There is a banker, broker, mender and mailbox on the Butcherblock Mountain docks so you don't need to wander too far. There's also a broker and a mender at the Nybright camp in Lesser Faydark right next to the Loping Plains zone-in.
    If you're just itching to go to an evil city, you can reach Gorowyn via the blue & gold griffon on the BBM beach.
  4. ARCHIVED-wurtin Guest

Thx for the quick replies.

I thought Kunark only took you to level 20, and then had a break until around 65 ish for the rest of the trip to 80. For that reason I didn't even buy Kunark, just re-subbed and figured if I was still playing when I got near 70 then I would buy RoK.
  5. ARCHIVED-Mendou Guest

If you have EoF I'd encourage you to move on to ButcherBlock Mountains when you're able. The loot there will likely be better than that in the old world zones like Thundering Steppes and Nek Forest. Otherwise Nek will server you well enough. Remember to get your griffon quest done asap when you do to make life easier on yourself.
    The reason most folks suggest TD is that the lowbie quested gear there is better than in any other starting zone and will give you an advantage in that respect. Darklight Wood and perhaps Kelethin would be the next best choice. ( I loved DLW myself. :)) Welcome back and happy hunting!
  6. ARCHIVED-Karlen Guest

At level 20, you can go to Butcherblock Mountains, Nektulos Forest and Thundering Steppes. It is worth going to each of them and doing at least the introductory quests (look for npcs near the docks and the entrances to lower level zones). They are mostly quite easy and will be a quick source of AA points.

Before going to Thundering Steppes, buy the barbarian language (halasian) from whichever newbie town barbarians come from. Some of the npcs there only speak halasian.
  7. ARCHIVED-Seidhkona Guest

Check out (and BOOKMARK!!) EQ2i's excellent Soloing Timeline.

It will show you where quests are at various levels, and if you wish you can drill down to find specific information for hits and tips for individual quests. EQ2i has LOTS of useful infor all around!