Zone/Instance/Raid abbreviations...what are they, where are they & requirements to get in? (Sticky?)

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Adaora, Apr 9, 2013.

1. Adaora New Member

Over the 15 months I've been playing EQII and finally reached 95, I've been a bit mystified by the fact that I never seem to get many people to reply when I ask what some abbreviated zone name refers to, where it's located, and if there's any entry requirements to get in there.

Most of the time I'm seeing these abbreviated zone names in SLRs, and I'd rather not waste the sellers' time(or mine) by bidding on something I can't get to.

I've figured out DC = Dreadcutter(and have actually done some DC with some guildies!) and WE = Wurmbone's End(no idea where this is or what's required to get in there), but it would be nice to have a list stickied somewhere to be able to refer to-and not just for myself.

So, could some nice folks please help a gal figure this stuff out, and then hopefully, some of you will eventually find me in some instance/raid or I'll be buying your loot! :) And think about it, if you help others comprehend WTH is going on, ya might make some more sales yourselves! <3

Adaora @ Freeport

Abbreviation Zone/Instance Name Where is this? Requirement to get in
    ----------------- ------------------------------ ------------------- -------------------------------
  2. Leeroy 16 year vet. Forum lurker. Altaholic.

COE (Chains of Eternity) zone abbreviations

WE = Wurmbone's End (Jarsath Wastes, take the bell there and talk to the dwarf)
    WC=Wurmbone's Crag (Same as above)
    ST= Sleeper's Tomb (Eastern Wastes, in the big pit southwest of wizard spires)
    DC=Dreadcutter (Obol Plains, end of the dock)
    HE=Harrow's End (Obol Plains, north of the dock at the tower)
    TOF=Throne of Fear (Eidolon Jungle, eastern end in the cave)
    TOTF=Temple of the Faceless (Eidolon Jungle, eastern area, large fortresslike entry)
    AoA= Altar of Abhorrence (Eidolon Jungle, same zone in as Temple above, raid zone)

I've never seen the "new" Chelsith abbreviated. If you are looking for it, it's a ways from the old one. Bell to Jarsath Wastes and talk to the dwarf for a port to the zone-in.
  3. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author