Zone hugging/hopping

Discussion in 'PVP Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-WasFycksir, Oct 16, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-WasFycksir Guest

1 zone = no change to current timers
    2 zone within 60 seconds = immunity time cut in half (same zone line)
    3 zones within 120 seconds = no immunity timer at all (same zone line)
    4 zones within 180 seconds = no immunity timer at all and an auto debuff of half your hp and no zoning or evac for 5 mins (same zone line)
    Zone hoppers/huggers must die!
    Discuss....
  2. ARCHIVED-Norrsken Guest

WasFycksir wrote:
    Or just leave them be.
    Doing that will just make them camp or /exit or windowdrag while zoning.

If you leave them to their own designs, sooner or later they will leave the zoneline, and maybe even run into you. I get to kill most zonehuggers like that.
  3. ARCHIVED-DravynX Guest

Not to mention zone hopping most often occurs when there's two or more enemy players standing on the other side crowding around a single waiting for his immunity to wear off. Yea, lets force that guy into combat with you, so that you and your two, three, or four buddies can all take his infamy yea!
  4. ARCHIVED-MaCloud1032 Guest

would nake hunting in the skys a bit rough
  5. ARCHIVED-PeaSy1 Guest

they need to remove the cloud transport systems and make the run on paths that stretch there...
  6. ARCHIVED-Rethaneu Guest

Ulvhamne@Nagafen wrote:
    On Venekor often they'll be the only people you've run into in a whole hour. I too find zone jumping very annoying, because after all that searching it can be very annoying that the only person you've found is impossible to kill because they're crossing back and forth over a zoneline.
  7. ARCHIVED-Bozidar Guest

Taear@Venekor wrote:
    Server x-fer.. ftw..
    Vox died.. venekor is dying.. the game mechanic isn't the problem, it's the low population there. come join the gank fest ;)
  8. ARCHIVED-Roald Guest

Oh noes, did some solo guys get away from yor gank-squad? Must be terrible.
    Seriously, I have NO problem with zone huggers/hoppers. They annoy you? Just go somewhere else, and if they truely are what you say, they won't follow you away from the zone line.
    I barely ever see people hopping from zone to zone, and when I do, it's usually because they know that i'd beat them soundly.
    Of course there are a lame minority, but at the end of the day, let them have their fun. If waiting in immunity really and being a coward gives them enjoyment, let them have it.
    They only people I can see pushing for this change are people who get annoyed when a solo gets away from their group.
  9. ARCHIVED-Killque Guest

Only gankers care about people who zone hop.
    If it was an even fight, they would fight and not run, but its obvious that your group of 6 is just upset you cannot take out a solo player.
    Sad IMO
  10. ARCHIVED-WasFycksir Guest

Milambers@Nagafen wrote:
    Umm...no, I solo at least 95% of my adventuring game time. I bring it up because it is an annoying game mechanic that I think needs to be looked at.
  11. ARCHIVED-Roald Guest

Killque wrote:
    /agree
  12. ARCHIVED-Hinosh Guest

Here's a solution that's been put in the game since the beginning: places other than the zonelines. If you find someone in the middle of Antonica, away from all the zone lines, you should be able to kill them before they reach the nearest zone. If you aren't, then they must be on a horse or something fast that shows they would have won if they had fought because they are twinked enough to get a horse anyway and you should be thankful they ran away instead of killing you and taking fame/infamy and/or money.
  13. ARCHIVED-Chaly Guest

PeaSy1 wrote:
    They'd need to be some pretty wide paths. Besides, it'll never happen. All the guys 6-boxing would cry when they "oops" and fall off the path, leading their entire pack of lemmings to their doom.
  14. ARCHIVED-Norrsken Guest

Bloodfang@Nagafen wrote:
    Not to mention, in a month, endgame will be in t8. ;) Lets hope they learned their lesson with KoS.