ZOMG wizard nerf

Discussion in 'PVP Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-songsta, Aug 5, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Demron Guest

[p] I don't have a problem with Manashield, nor would I complain about it. But for people to rag on someone for having trouble with it when the best of the best do die because of it is poor play on their part. As a Ranger I tend to leave Wizards/Warlocks alone who I know will use it effectively because I don't have 30 second in PvP to run around and wait for it to run out when I'm engaged. That's a disaster waiting to happen on my part. :) And Pumice Stones rarely remove Manashield anymore for some reason.[/p][p]On my baby Warlock I'm taking 2 on 1, 3 on 1, sometimes 4 on 1 unless there is a very well equipped druid involved for which I'd be hard pressed to beat that druid 1vs1. I could never do that on my Ranger and I can only imagine how effective I'd be in each tier as I grow, and I will grow because I love my Warlock far more than I did my Ranger at those levels. And I don't have to listen to people whine all the time while playing my Warlock and people actually fight him, instead of always running from my Ranger.[/p][p]All I'm saying is lets not downplay the effectiveness of Manashield as it is now, considering those using it pre-GU36 were doing very well at a 1:1 ratio.[/p]
  2. ARCHIVED-PsycoSWG Guest

[p]Yea well you can't win every fight.[/p][p]If jamilia had shown a video of her dying 50 times to manshielded wizards and warlocks I might care. But she didn't.[/p][p]People make mistakes and screw up and things happen. You don't win every fight. I die to them too sometimes but even as a brig, with so many positional attacks, I still beat manashielded enemies (when I happen to log in anymore). It's not that hard, people just don't want to learn to play.[/p]
  3. ARCHIVED-HerbertWalker Guest

Sorceror > Predator
    What's the problem
  4. ARCHIVED-MarkisDecimus Guest

Demron wrote:
    [p] I hate to agree with you Demron, but I can attest to this statement. I beat Jamilia pre GU-36 using manashield on the 1:1 ratio. It was an extremely close fight, but I pulled it off because of my timing on popping manashield. [/p][p] In Jamilia's latest PvP video you will notice that I got my manashield off in just the nick of time. That's because she double-auto-attacked me for over 1,400 per hit...that's over 2,800 damage! ( and I have 43% physical mit). Her rain of arrows only did about 1,100 if I remeber correctly. In this fight I still would have won if manashield was on a 1:1 ratio, since my power was still around 75-80 percent at the end of the fight. Regardless, I think manashield was just fine the way it used to be, but I'm not going to argue with a boost to it. I still think that the Ranger auto-attack damage is broken...it seems to outparse all other CA's that I get hit with by well equiped rangers. [/p]
  5. ARCHIVED--Arctura- Guest

Prolly just your bad luck.. Ive had Pumice remove Manashield a good 8-9 times...and ive only used it about 10 times on a mage class before lol
  6. ARCHIVED-Mildavyn Guest

[p]Does anyone know what type of effect manasheild is? For instance is it going to be dispelled by a mental-based dispell, or would it require a magic-type dispell?[/p][p]Some classes (mages) can enhance their dispell magic spell to also dispell other types of effects. Would this work? Does it already dispell manasheild?[/p]
  7. ARCHIVED-Harbinger Guest

Paikis@Venekor wrote:
    Well i can tell you that its not magic or mental based; i got the Swash M1 taunt and even if rightly timed it only rips Magis Shielding or Ward of Sages off them. Blades Caine Venekor
  8. ARCHIVED-jam3sD Guest

Quarter@Venekor wrote:
    i assure you jamilias video was pre lu 36. She also uses a 9 sec delay bow with a big spread it crits quite hard
  9. ARCHIVED-Pumancat Guest

[p]OK, I'm getting sick of seeing this and the other threads whining and crying about how you can't easy kill clothies now due to manashield.[/p][p]Seems the ones ******** the most are the punk, **** players who got on PVP to be Superman vs Jimmy Olsen. Well guess what?!, Jimmy got his little piece of kryptonite and you can't be Superman anymore! If you can't handle not being able to get free tokens, or non combat kills, GET THE HECK OFF THE GAME! [/p][p]I didn't bust my character's butt for a year just to stand in the middle of a field and let you ***** get free anything. If you can't pvp against someone who can NOW give somewhat of a fight back, you don't belong here.[/p][p]For over a year, PVP was scouts rule, and mages were free status, and faction items to be there for the picking. All we ever heard from you A**holes were replys like Get a group, L2P, roll a different toon, etc.[/p][p]So now it's our turn to tell you the same. If you're gonna B**ch about having a hard fight with a mage, because of one semi decent power. Then you need to look and see what kind of player you've been since the beginning, and get the h**l off the game. You make me sick to call yourselves PVPers.[/p][p]Nyarlath - 70 wizard[/p][p]Venekor server[/p]
  10. ARCHIVED-Ajjantis Guest

Wizards, and Sorcerer in general are fine, dont worry. Wish they would upgrade the summoners now a bit too.
  11. ARCHIVED-Norrsken Guest

yah, switch out blood pact for a divine aura like skill and necros are fine. conjies already get a stoneskin. Make that upgradeable or something.
  12. ARCHIVED--Arctura- Guest

Aeeron@Nagafen wrote:
    (( Bylze bow ... shouldnt be hitting as hard as it does, but then, Rangers auto attack is like a godpower :)
  13. ARCHIVED-ailen Guest

[p]OH, there's one more thats REALLY EASY to get.[/p][p]Ghostly Bow of Bylze, quest reward for first quest in Sanctum of the Scaleborn.[/p][p]look it up. it's better than raincaller... since the nerf on it. [/p][p]Look at the damage spread on it, and it's delay[/p][p] [/p][p]http://www.eq2idb.com/item_details.php?item=MTExNjAzNDI0Mg==[/p]
  14. ARCHIVED--Arctura- Guest

Maliak@Nagafen wrote:
    (( yup just did before you replied and corrected, myself, but thanks :)
  15. ARCHIVED-khrunk Guest

Warhawk@Nagafen wrote:
    please rangers ability to kill a mage in 3 seconds or less combined with their survivablity is completely overpowered and quite honestly rangers need the nerf well before mages do.
  16. ARCHIVED-Gorgamorph Guest

I've been roaming around T7 on my wizard. Some fights I dominate, some are close, some I get destroyed. Although Manashield certainly plays a strong role in any fight, it is by no means a guaranteed win. Be thankfull we didn't get the initial 2/1 ratio they were tinkering with on the test server, then predators would have something to cry about.