Zerkers: How much Damage exactly?

Discussion in 'Berserker' started by ARCHIVED-ChronoSniper, Jan 3, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-ChronoSniper Guest

Just curious how much damage zerkers can actually do? Compared to say scouts... (I have an 18 wanna-be swashy and a 17 wanna-be zerker on the go)

Are we talking a tank with a little extra 'oomph' or if your not the main tank, and going all out, are we talking serious numbers?

I suspect I know the answer, but, I have always considered a Zerker to be a high damage, low armor class. In EQ2, they appear to be tanks who can 'hit a bit'.

And how are zerkers at soloing? (not hearing good things about swashys)

Ta for the info in advance!
  2. ARCHIVED-Khalad Guest

I outdamage swashbucklers, but not by much. The poisens are broken at higher levels though, so that prob has something to do with it.
  3. ARCHIVED-Diaboliq Guest

Do you know this from log parsing? Are you talking auto attack damage or styles on average as well? Just curious to how firm that info is, I like to have info when ignorant group members like to ask me to stop zerking so someone else can MT, so I can let them know how much they are asking to nerf the group. Also do we grow into our damage output more as we level? At 28 I know I do good damage compared to other plate classes, but it hasn't seemed that I come very close to any scouts.

Thanks

Broosr
    Lavastorm
  4. ARCHIVED-Tooth Guest

Well I can't say exactly how much DPS other classes do, but I do parse my own damage and at level 43 I currently do aprox damage to even con mobs.

When Tanking with shield - 1 Mob - 80 to 90 dps
    When Tanking with shield - multi Mobs 110 to 120 dps
    Using 2 Hand weapon - 1 Mob - 140 to 150 dps
    Using 2 Hand weapon - multi Mobs 180 to 190 dps

From my experience in encounters with groups of 3 and 4 a berzerker's dps is right up there with pure DPS classes - however when fighting group ^^ single mobs we fall a little behind.
  5. ARCHIVED-Khalad Guest

I was counting total damage off a parser, both at 1 fight and over several hours. I use a 2 hander. I was tanking. A great deal of the my damage was done with unstyled hits. Also had greater fury up as well. Most of my power went to keeping buffs up, and I casted 2 styles, frenzy and vanquish. We tried differant ways, with everyone going all out, my damage was clearly higher. Normal XPing, over time with people fighting normal I still outdamaged the swash, but really not by much.

Outdamaged a Ranger even more, and a Pally beat ranger and came close to swash. I'm told by both that the fact that poisens didnt seem to work well past level 40 has a great effect. I'm sure adjustments will be made, as tanks shouldnt outdamage the scouts, whos primary roll is damage dealing.

All of these classes mentioned are guildies ive been playing with for awile, all in decent gear.

Zerkers get better with level, specially in the 40s, and when your 50, god [expletive ninja'd by Faarbot].
    Message Edited by Khalad on 01-04-2005 10:58 AM
    Message Edited by Khalad on 01-04-2005 10:59 AM
  6. ARCHIVED-Dashel Guest

Well glad to hear that Zerks get better as they get higher. I love my Zerk at 36 and was worried I'd hit my prime already.

Khalad, have you ever tested while not tanking? I would guess you would fall behind without the Fury/Greater Fury ripostes you get while tanking. So really, doesnt sound too out of whack to me if you factor in fixing the poisons.
  7. ARCHIVED-Diaboliq Guest

Thanks much for the info!
  8. ARCHIVED-eqaddixx Guest

I have also parsed my fights and I have done better DPS than a Troubador and a Assasin in a MT role on most occastions, especially when more than one mob.
  9. ARCHIVED-Argan Guest

How are you figuring DPS?

At lvl 32 or so with a SBH and using Adept 1 BR on multimob pull while spamming arts I get like 46 DPS according to the parser I am using...tho the parser could be wrong.

What parser are you using?
  10. ARCHIVED-eqaddixx Guest

The one Khalysta made I am using. I will post exact numbers tomorrow.
  11. ARCHIVED-ChronoSniper Guest

Thanks for all the feedback guys.

(Parser info will be interesting to see aswell)

No one has mentioned the solo-ability of the zerker vs scouts (ie swashy) yet either. Any thoughts?

Sounds as if the damage is comparable so the xerker must win with the greater AC / HP?
  12. ARCHIVED-taraslar Guest

Both are good at soloing but the scout will have to be more cautious for lack of ac and hits. An extra mob and your scout may find himself running then fighting. Bererkers can take alot more abuse before going down or fleeing.
  13. ARCHIVED-Florin Guest

At lv 50, nothing can outdamage a zerker.

[IMG]

We will get nerfed soon tho...it will happen exactly like a while ago with blood rage skill.
  14. ARCHIVED-Faeye Guest

I hope it's soon.
  15. ARCHIVED-Dashel Guest

Hah, well thats just silly. 11k damage in a few seconds? Yeah I'd say that'll be nerfed ;)

Anyway, as to soloing. I have nothing to compare to but I can normally go 3 or 4 solo yellows before having to rest for a few seconds. Solo green group ^^ easily and just pause to regen power. Never had any complaints on my solo ability as a Zerk. I'm level 37, good but not great gear.
  16. ARCHIVED-LumpyDoo Guest

Go troll on your own board loser.
  17. ARCHIVED-Faeye Guest

Right back at ya, champ.
  18. ARCHIVED-LumpyDoo Guest

Are you going to break out the "I'm rubber, you're glue" stance next?
  19. ARCHIVED-JDDbull Guest

This is his board, he can troll all he wants. Friggin Guards always startin crap:smileymad:
  20. ARCHIVED-Argan Guest

The thing about Rampage is that its a fairly specialized skill.
    It drains power after every hit. After his rampage was over I can almost guarentee that he was OOP for the remainder of the fight. Its fun to use, but I only used it in specific instances during beta.