Zerkers & Guardians - working together?

Discussion in 'Guardian' started by ARCHIVED-Kannabis, Dec 28, 2004.

1. ARCHIVED-Kannabis Guest

Ok. I placed a similiar post on the Berzerker subclass forum and would also like to hear the Guardian opinions on this subject.

http://eqiiforums.station.sony.com/eq2/board/message?board.id=4&message.id=2698

It goes as follows:

I am a zerker and I normally group with a Guardian from my guild and we are trying to find the best strategy to work together. I would like for everyone to give me some feedback on their experiences as zerkers grouping with guardians and what abilities to use and when, and how to best complement each other to benefit the whole group. From many of the post read i know a lot of poeple have issues on this subject, but since this game is designed for group play it only makes sense to find ways and strategies to make the best use of both classes.

Also have a few questions:

1. Who should main tank (most of the time anyway) ? I know guardians are more defensive in their abilities so logic tells me they should, but... (post your opinions)

2. What are the best abilities to use to complement each other?

3. Is it good to use intervene most of the time on whoever is MT to increase the health pool? We do it and seems to work fine as long as we have two healers in group (normally a main healer [cleric] dedicated to the MT always , and a backup healer [like shaman or druid] dedicated to the "2nd tank" who is intervening)

Bombs AWAY!!![IMG]
    Message Edited by Kannabis on 12-28-2004 07:19 AM
  2. ARCHIVED-Kannabis Guest

Ok. i didnt realize there had been a recent post on this subject. I shouldve imagined. Anyway feel free to post any ideas.
  3. ARCHIVED-Fable_EQ2 Guest

I group with a zerker a lot.. basically here is how we do it:

• I main tank.
    • If I lose aggro (due to stiffes, stuns, random reasons) we do the following:
      • He establishes agro while.
      • I safeguard the party (ie. AE Intercept) - this is assuming we are not fighting AE hard mobs.
      • I Never Surrender (ie. Block/Parry) on him.
    • Most of the time I hold agro and he keeps his fury at bay, but with agro being as quirky as it is I do see agro loss.
    Safeguard line (upgrade to Sentinel) is the bomb for sure.
    On a side note with the exception of guild Zerkers I tend to avoid them. Its hard to make someone understand this strategy and they take it as they are not filling their role. I look it as more time sharing the role.
  4. ARCHIVED-BaxterRahl Guest

I group with a Zerker all the time as well and we will duo with out a healer and take down blue group mobs with ease...What we do is let the Zerk MT and I Alley him and buff the parry skills of the group. Whith this I parry allot of the attack that get through him and if I don't parry I'll block it. If it gets to the point where he is at half life I then Intervine and Stand firm on him and I take the damage, all the while he continues to MT.

Between this and the HOs of My Guardian starting the chain and him finishing with the taunt we plow through the mobs.
  5. ARCHIVED-Kannabis Guest

interesting. :smileyhappy:
  6. ARCHIVED-PlatinumPrincess Guest

Good job Baxter that's the way to do it.
  7. ARCHIVED-CherobylJoe Guest

Baxter, good point I have used this style myself