Zerker vs. Bruiser for Soloing

Discussion in 'Berserker' started by ARCHIVED-SmittyGurkin, Jan 13, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-SmittyGurkin Guest

I have a Freeport Barbarian fighter (lvl 9). I solo almost exclusively, and I'm wondering whether a Berserker or a Bruiser would be the best, especially for reducing down time.

Thanks.

PS: I've looked at posts for soloing as a Zerker and ones for soloing as a Bruiser, but I couldn't find a post about how they compare.
  2. ARCHIVED-atjtennis Guest

You will be better of as a Brusier for soloing but in groups you won't find yourself being the main tank if their is a plate tank around in general. THe brusiers do far more damage than a Zerker does but when they do get hit it is for a lot.
  3. ARCHIVED-Khalad Guest

From the parses I see bruisers and berserkers are pretty close on single mob damage. Berserkes blow them away on ae fights.
  4. ARCHIVED-IPCDollar Guest

Bruisers solo well, although I cannot speak from experience as a Zerker. I can say though, that when you are grouped as a bruiser, you're gonna want a Zerker for MT with Zerker taunt and mitigation proficiency. Don't see how you could go wrong either way, but for soloing, the 90 second self heal timers sure come in handy as a Bruiser.
  5. ARCHIVED-TheSummoned Guest

It totally depends on what kind of bruiser you are when it comes to tanking. I've tanked for plate classes before... I'm so usedto tanking that I haven't learned to pace myself yet and will often grab aggro from MT if I'm not tanking.

Anyhow, just wanted to put the bruiser side to the thread, well equiped bruisers can take down some tough mobs solo. But as far as xp per hour, there are other better classes (brigand, ranger in higher levels, summoner, maybe swashy). Bruisers go through their power pool like it was nothing at all.
  6. ARCHIVED-Styker Guest

Currently my bruiser is 43 and he soloes pretty good, good group tank too... I will make my observations and run some solo DPS parse again when he is 60 and has comparable gear/CA's to my Zerker
  7. ARCHIVED-Pnaxx Guest

My 40th Zerker is completly confusing me. I started a Bruiser who is now 20, but I have a nice Zerker who is sittin round waiting fer me. My confusion is...the Zerker has all new CA's and spells and I have no clue what are any good or not.
    So if you all could post what ones are worth a darn at 40 and what are useless...I may be comfortable starting him up again. Thank you all.
  8. ARCHIVED-Pnaxx Guest

So here are the list of CA's and spells that I prolly need to choose from.....which of these are keepers folks......feel free to be descriptive to how to use it if you want in case there is a nuance to it. Thank you fellow Zerkers!
    27 - Press : Damage + stun + throwback --- 41 - Raging Blows
    • Requires a Shield to excute.
    27 - Wall of Fury --- 41 - Wall of Wrath
    28 - Barrage : Front/Side AE attack
    --- 42 - Berserker Assualt
    28 - Vicious Blow : Slashing Dot --- 42 - Mutilate
    29 - Coup de Grace : Melee damage --- 43 - Rupture
    29 - Provoking Defense --- 43 - Offending Defense

30 - Weapon Shield : Counterattack three times --- 44 - Weapon Guard
    30 - Reckless Stance : Defensive stance --- 44 - Unflinching Will
    31 - Mad Cry : Single target Taunt --- 45 - Bully
    31 - Furious Rush : Damage + Power DoT + INT debuff --- 45 - No Quarter
    32 - Stunning Cry : AoE damage + stun --- 46 - Stunning Roar
    32 - Infuriation : Self AGI buff + give ally chance at extra avoidance check --- 46 - Vehemence
    33 - Stomp : Attack + interrupt --- 47 - Wallop
    33 - Screaming Fury : Group HP regen buff --- 47 - Destructive Rage
    34 - Rage : Self buff giving chances to berserk --- 48 - Infuriate
    34 - Intercede: Partially intercept one attack on ally
    35 - Whirlwind : PBAoE attack + stun + throwback --- 49 - Slaughter
    35 - Blood Flow : Triggered HP regen when struck --- 48 - Blood Boil
    36 - Sunder : AoE Taunt, usable when stunned --- 50 - Fearsome Shout
    36 - Greater Fury : Offensive stance --- 50 - Unbridled Fury
    37 - Tides of War : Group STR buff --- 51 - Berserk Cry
    38 - Promise of Violence : Damage + taunt --- 52 - Brutal Pledge
    38 - War Chant : Group berserk proc --- 52 - War Call
    39 - Relentless Battering : Attack which reduces target offense --- 53 - Unyeilding Battering

40 - Form of the Furious Bear : Bear Form
    40 - Vanquish : Damage + stun --- 54 - Slay
    40 - Anarchy : Group mitigation buff --- 54 - Chaos
    40 - Controlled Rage : Trades haste/DPS for defense --- 54 - Subdued Rage
  9. ARCHIVED-R2Chief2 Guest

for grouping and some fun, and raiding, my zerker is my main and my true love in this game, and my general questing chic.

For soloing like your suggesting (and loot whoring) thats why my wizzie is there.

Generally since your a low lvl and you only ever plan on soloing, wizzie has got to be one of the best solo classes in the game and has a ton of dps when called upon by grouping if that ever takes your fancy at all.
  10. ARCHIVED-Sirlutt Guest

Bruiser hands down for both solo, and group tanking. My Bruiser frequently steals agro (when i chose to) from any plate tank and proceeds to tank it better.. hehe.. she likes to show the boys she can do it just aswell.

Zerkers are just as good in a group though, but not as good i find for solo.