Zebuxoruk

Discussion in 'History and Lore' started by ARCHIVED-Kindayr, May 7, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-Kindayr Guest

Well, this theory only works if the Plane of Knowledge was his demi-plane. If not, then go ahead and shut me down.

Someone earlier said that the Tanaanites created PoK, therefore they are at least honourers of Zeb.

Now in FD, it talks about the Tanaanites (i think), and a "Forsaken" city. So is this the city that was built to honour Zeb?

Is FD Zebuxoruk's long awaited lore?

(cheers if it is.)
  2. ARCHIVED-Kindayr Guest

NVM It states it clearly in the lore-tid-bit on the front page >.<

lmfao...

Still discuss?
  3. ARCHIVED-IrishWonder Guest

Yep, the Tanaanites created PoK. I believe they called it New Tanaan themselves, but don't quote me on that... I'm sketchy at best when it comes to the PoK lore.
    I'm curious to find out how they "challenged the knowledge" of Zebuxoruk, thereby falling to ruin. They seemed to worship him (and knowledge in general). I can't see them challenging him in a hostile sense... perhaps they just went too far, like we mortals went too far when we started hosting block parties in the Planes, and released a curse of some sort upon their land (on top of the Shattering and the Rending :smileysurprised: )
  4. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

My theory is this (and its quite understandable):

Druzzil Ro told the others gods that she had to turn back time in order to prevent Zeb from sharing his knowledge with the mortals.
    As punishment, the gods destroyed the Plane of Knowledge by placing New Tanaan back into the Norrath Realm where it was first created, when they sealed off thier planes from the mortals.
    It would explain why the PoK books were destroyed, although just sealing off the planes themselves would explain that, even though they could have just sealed off Plane of Tranquility instead of sealing off PoK.
  5. ARCHIVED-IrishWonder Guest

Ooh, I like it :smileywink: Or maybe even Plane of Knowledge existed on the foundation of the other planes, since it was raised there by mortals in the first place (I think?). When the other planes "shut down," New Tanaan came crashing back to our reality violently.
  6. ARCHIVED-lemey Guest

except that, according to the pop lore suggested the "forsaken city" (tanaan) and pok (new tanaan) existed at the same time

as for why they did it, they worshiped zeb, but he had no desire to be worshiped, so they either got sick of waiting, or got desperate to save themselves from the rending and tried to claim "his" knowledge
  7. ARCHIVED-Kindayr Guest

They didn't worship, the honoured his capability and knowledge. Never worshiped, clearly says that in Zeb's definition.