Zealous Preaching vs Insolent Gibe

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by ARCHIVED-Oakbrow, Dec 12, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Oakbrow Guest

Last night, I looted the Level 52 Berzerker group taunt, Insolent Gibe (Master 1). I don't remember the exact numbers, but the max hate on this spell is over 1300, plus it has an effect that has a 50% chance to proc additional group hate every time the Zerker is hit.

I have Zealous Preaching (Master 2). The max hate on it is just over 800, with a similar divine debuff.

Tell me again why Amends is getting nerfed?

Nothing against Zerkers--my Warlock often groups with one. They make fine tanks, and hold aggro well--of course, with taunts like that, they oughta hold aggro well. 500 more hate from what amounts to the same spell, at the same level, but of inferior quality to my master 2 version just doesn't seem quite right. Yes, with Amends as it presently is, and Sigil, I can hold aggro. Not so sure how that's gonna work out after the incoming nerf. Are we being given anything to compensate for the reduction in our ability to hold aggro? Like increased hate on our primary group taunt?
  2. ARCHIVED-Yrieldom Guest

Insolent Gibe is an ancient spell on a 3min timer (PBAE taunt)

You can compare it to Sigil of heroism, but not to ZP
  3. ARCHIVED-Oakbrow Guest

DOH.

Nevermind then.

But hmmmm....an ancient spell master 1, huh? Oughta be able to get a pretty good trade from guildie for it, then.....
  4. ARCHIVED-Wallzak Guest

WHOAHHH... They're nerfing Amends?? When did that come down??:smileymad:
  5. ARCHIVED-Jonaroth Guest

lol yes :-( it sucks

amends ftw!
  6. ARCHIVED-XskullbusterX Guest

Think about it .. we will still be able to hold agro as good if not better than many .. just have to do a little more work ... its not the end of the world for us. Now if they would lower our TIMERS on our high end DPS spells like Refusal and such .. then we would be better all around .. and for gods sake give us a little more HP ;)
  7. ARCHIVED-Oakbrow Guest

Thing is, I'm working my [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn] off to hold aggro now, even with amends. In a typical roost group, there's MT (me), Healer x2, DPS x3. Highest level DPS gets Amends, unless there's a Warlock close to highest level. I'm spamming my taunts every time they refresh, hitting my stuns, using the AE spells, and every so often I'll have to use Sigil or Rescue when my taunt on the pull gets resisted. Ameds helps to hold aggro, but it is not the "fire and forget" aggro tool some people seem to think it is.
  8. ARCHIVED-g0thiC_iCe_cReaM Guest

eh, from what i've seen of zerks and what i hear from zerks they need all the help they can get atm to keep hate lol
    i dunno how many times i've taken the agro from a zerk since LU 13 playing any one of my alts...lol
  9. ARCHIVED-Rochir Guest

Lets not gloat shall we, the nerf stick is never far away. They are already nerfing amends, lets hope they leave it at that :(
  10. ARCHIVED-g0thiC_iCe_cReaM Guest

hahah no nerf, just give the zerks some love and all will be well with them again ;)