[Zarrakon TLE PvP] Raise Minimum PvP Level

Discussion in 'General Feedback' started by Milambers, Apr 6, 2023.

1. Milambers Active Member

Suggestion: Raise the minimum level required to engage in PvP combat from Level 10 to Level 14.

Reasoning: Many returning players, particularly those that typically play on PvE servers, complain of being put off progressing on a PvP server due to dying too frequently when they first hit level 10.

While it may appear minimal, the difference between level 10 and level 14 is considerable. Level 10 is commonly reached in under an hour, and at present, you often become PvP flagged while still having a number of equipment slots completely empty. At level 14 however, you've progressed through a number of quests in the starter zones, tend to have items with good stats in each slot, and have a GM2 spell/combat art. You also have considerably more abilities on your hotbars to use. There's still ample opportunity for lower tier PvP fights at level 14 and above.

I, and others I have spoken to, believe this will have a genuinely positive impact on keeping players on the server. Whilst I've previously been a staunch advocate against anything that reduces PvP engagements, for this server, it's clear something must change with respect to player retention. This small change could help.
    Xiao, BroccoliSword, Sunlei and 13 others like this.
  2. Kriemhild New Member

This would go a long way to stopping the population dip in lower tiers as many people lock at 14 solely to kill people that hit level 10, having a grandmaster spell and mostly 4-6 main stat gear instead of a few pieces of 2 main stat gear would allow people the opportunity to actually fight back.
    Xiao, Sunlei, Temmpst and 3 others like this.
  3. Occisor New Member

Please do this.
    Xiao, Temmpst, Siren and 2 others like this.
  4. Teju Member

I support pushing back the minimum level at which PvP is enabled.

However, I think pushing it to level 20 would be even better. My reasoning is that by time a player finishes DLW or FFS, they'll be about level 20. They'll be well geared through questing, they'll have access to a wide arsenal of class defining abilities, they'll have ample time to learn their class if they've never played before, and most importantly, they'll have a little time investment into their character and the server before they are thrown into the fire with PvP.

With all that being said, whether it is pushed to 15, 20, or something else, the minimum level for PvP being enabled most definitely should be pushed back.
    Temmpst, Siren, KLM69 and 2 others like this.
  5. KLM69 New Member

I absolutely agree 100% and would even log in to the PvP server for the first time ever!!!

Xiao, Temmpst, Siren and 2 others like this.
  6. Obano Well-Known Member

I think they should lower the level con spread from 4 levels to 2 levels. This would make a level 10 con grey to a level 13 or 14. This way level 10s can still fight each other and it prolong low level pvp. Level 16s get wrecked by level 20s because of the new gear tier at level 20. A two level PvP spread would protect T2 pvp until level 18.
    Xiao, Temmpst and Taled like this.
  7. Ilovecows Active Member

I like this idea.

Level 19 would also be a much more awkward level to lock at, since they'd be very vulnerable to anyone with access to level 20 gear. Whereas a level 14 and a level 18 would have virtually identical equipment. People could lock at level 20 and target the level 16-19 players, but by that point you're like 90% of the way done with the starting zones and ready to move on from them.
    Xiao likes this.
  8. Partyx New Member

Great Idea
    Xiao likes this.
  9. PvPinterested New Member

Sign me up for this! +1
    Xiao likes this.
  10. Sunlei Well-Known Member

This is a great idea Milambers!

I also like Obanos idea to " lower the level con spread from 4 levels to 2 levels".
    Obano and Siren like this.
  11. Frostfang Member

So why are we trying to cater the PVP server to PVE players???

Raising the required level to pvp or making the pvp level ranges for zones smaller would just ruin the server by significantly reducing the amount of possible PVP encounters.

Reducing the amount of PVP on the server will make things less lively and populated which is not healthy for a server that exists because people want to pvp.

You guys act like T2 is a hard tier to get through and that it's killing the server that twinks exist. If anyone doesn't have the patience to kill some easy named mobs for gear/craft gear or switch to the city subzones with heroic guards protecting them to get through most of T2, they definitely will not have the patience to level to and get geared at max, they will quit.

PVE players will not sustain the population of the server. We should be focused on making the server better for the people who will actually play it.
    Succumb likes this.
  12. Sunlei Well-Known Member

Well Frostfang, perhaps they could just disable level locking so grifters/baby killers- soon naturally go away...........
    Siren likes this.
  13. BroccoliSword New Member

Like this idea. Still plenty of levels to PvP, but helps the lower level players get a tiny bit more established!
    Siren likes this.
  14. Satyr Well-Known Member

I've never understood why people get so passionate about this. After week 1 the only people fighting in these zones anyway are going to be fame sellers.
  15. Succumb New Member

Absolutely not. Don't do it.

If you were your character, in this vast and epic world full of beauty and danger, what sense does it make to be unable to fight for your life or pose a threat to others simply because of experience? That's how you would gain experience in a world like this.

The very nature of a PVP server is the risk of being killed when you're not being alert and wary enough of your surroundings. If you don't want to die while you're trying to PVE, learn to play smart or don't play on a PVP server. That's the thrill and joy of PVP: learning to be clever, innovative, and actually put some effort into it to earn your survival.

The early days of Nagafen were magical. It started going rapidly downhill as more and more arbitrary rules were placed on PVP. Please don't destroy this one in the same way.
    Frostfang likes this.
  16. Milambers Active Member

So presumably you lobbied for the minimum PvP level to be changed to 1 on Nagafen?

Point being 10 is not currently fit for purpose. Level 14 as I’ve advised in the OP would be preferable. There are bigger fish to fry, sure, but we need every player we can get. No one will quit if PvP starts at 14. But some might quit if it’s kept at 10.