Zalaphax (sp?) the Shredder

Discussion in 'Zones and Population' started by ARCHIVED-Roriondesexiest, Jan 21, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Roriondesexiest Guest

Does he normally port so much? I could swear when we first fought him (after all the multiple pot dropping was fixed) He was only porting one person at a time, when we did him last night he was porting 3 people every time and sometimes back to back. He still went down but was a much tougher fight than I remember last time we went there.
  2. ARCHIVED-Zelkova Guest

Last time we fought him, 1st pull and we were doing fine til he was about halfway down and we have a explosion of people being ported and killed just kinda out of the blue. Seems like they may have changed something :smileyvery-happy:
  3. ARCHIVED-Squall Leonheart Guest

I think there are some things that influence how many people are portet.
    We have 2 theories:
    1. pets get portet to, if you have a lot of pets, theres a lesser change that he ports people. And he has a specific order at which he beams people, maybe pets are high on his list for some reason (maybe he ports the people/pets which are at the bottom of the aggro list)
    Pets aren't influenced by the damage ae but the fear hits them. Saw some running aroung with fear.
    2. The way people move. Moving away or to the mob could also influence this. But not sure about this point. Someone from our raid reported that last time, will test more at the next visit.
  4. ARCHIVED-sro Guest

kite him /shrug

:)

Anyway, what I've been noticing is that if I stand quite far away and never move at all I don't get ported. Could be my class (gardener style) or just luck of course but you never know..
  5. ARCHIVED-Brigh Guest

My raid found out something, possibly....

He seems to summon those people that are at the bottom of the hate list.

People that die and revive immediately and then run back into the room, and do a simple minor aggro attack were getting immediately summoned.
  6. ARCHIVED-ReviloTX Guest

We did notice something along these lines as well. We also noticed that as time went on, he seemed to summon more people each time he did it. Crank up the DPS and you'll have less problems with the summons.
  7. ARCHIVED-Dijitalis Guest

So you mean people that zerg, the lowest of the low, scum? Okay.

Never paid attention in this fight, just hit it till it dies and joust ae.
  8. ARCHIVED-Zelkova Guest

So do you wait patiently for a rez when you die even though the respawn is 10 meters away?

Use the tools you're given, IMO. They nerfed reviving anyway so it's not a free full power refill.
  9. ARCHIVED-Roriondesexiest Guest

We do know how to kill him, that's not the issue, I was just wondering if the massive porting was new.

We just had some of the lower dps classes auto attack once to get on his hate list and they were usually the ones that got ported, have them revive if they died and go back and whack him on their way back in to get back on the hate list.

Was great one time when he ported all 3 of the MT healers at the same time....
  10. ARCHIVED-Ralyssand Guest

It's not new...I think actually i read that he can port (up to) 6 people? Not sure where i read that so don't take it as law. I think it came from a dev, so if i find the quote, i'll link it.

Doesn't mean 6 people always get ported. We've had random results as well. Usually it's just me (since i'm the token sacrificial troubador), but sometimes we had me and a couple others (usually healers). Trick seems to be keeping the sacrifices low enough so the healers aren't the ones getting ported. I can't confirm the pet info, but that might be interesting to try.

btw, the poison can be cured if timed right. It's a little tricky with positioning but doable if you're looking to do the fight with a little more finesse :)
  11. ARCHIVED-Ralyssand Guest

12. ARCHIVED-Roriondesexiest Guest

Yeah we cure the poison but sometimes it just doesn't get done fast enough.
  13. ARCHIVED-Will. Guest

I think it might be a certain dps threshold, ie up to 6 people below xxx dps get ported. That would explain the seemingly random numbers of people getting ported as well as his appetite for healers/the recently revived.

Also the "stand far away and don't move thing" also seems to work. One of our healers found a "sweet spot" at max cast range with LoS and didn't get ported once. So maybe it's a range and dps thing.

Abaia
    Iksar
    LDL
  14. ARCHIVED-Pinski Guest

It's not directly related to DPS, it is directly related to Hate.
  15. ARCHIVED-Killerassassin Guest

Ya this mob will port the bottom 6 people on his hate list they will be ported to
    him then hit with a deadly nox dot that need to bu cured send alot of pets in to
    prevent people form getting ported.