Your Unofficial Ideas for Tradeskilling Thread

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Shonshazzitt, Feb 14, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Shonshazzitt Guest

[p]Use this thread to bring up ideas, or things you would like to see. Be it new to the game, or improv on an existing way of tradeskill.[/p][p]Please don't use this thread to say 'that idea sucks' but moreso, be creative.[/p][p]As an example, someone says I have an idea, how about..... You may think that idea is no good, but, maybe you can think of a way to improvise it, by adding onto it, or changing it a little bit.[/p][p]This Thread could be used by the Dev team to say. 'Wow, I hadnt thought of that, wonder if we could implement that.'[/p][p]Be creative, have some fun. This is 'our' forums, lets show the Devs what we would like to see, now, as well as possibilities of in the future of EQ2 Tradeskilling.[/p][p]From Questing, to changes in our current state, to the endless area of what we all enjoy. :thumbup:[/p][p]I have a lvl 70 Woodworker, Alchemist, Sage and Tailor, with some up and coming soon to be lvl 70's as well. So I have a little bit of knowledge in different areas. It doesn't make me better than anyone else, just goes to show I have no life hehehe =)[/p][p]Steve[/p]
  2. ARCHIVED-Deson Guest

For starters, a review of classes. Interdependency as was launched and intended is dead. Classes, really the whole system, should be reassessed and have clear determinations on what their purpose and markets are. If classes need to go away for this so be it. Edit: Actually I had more... Bulleted Summary of Suggestions [ul][li]Give the classes a hard look based on crafting as is. The current classes were built for a system that no longer exists. If it has no long term viability and cannot be given such with contrivance, rework/remove the class.[/li][/ul][ul][li]Add in a crafting health/power pool. With such, crafting gear can be made that does not affect adventuring and class/race bonuses won't affect the process as they do now. Likewise, it makes future content easier to balance. [/li][/ul][ul][li]Change the current nature of trade-skill ticks to be variable based on the craft. This would allow a greater flexibility to shift difficulty of crafts. In addition, temporary arts could be given based on the quest, allowing more flexibility and variety in how a crafter crafts. [/li][/ul][ul][li]Reward crafter skill at the craft by granting rewards for counter chains and general attentiveness. [/li][/ul][ul][li]Give a full set of arts at level 1 instead of the current progress/durability every 10 levels scheme. This will allow a crafter to fully understand things from the start instead of learning to just watch the RNG determine the process. [/li][/ul][ul][li]Allow real art progression vs. the "expanded options" we currently have. This would give a feeling of truly getting better at a craft. By combining this with a health/power pool change, crafter progression can have a much broader expandability. [/li][/ul][ul][li]Remove non-pristine results and either make anything but a failure or, add in a graduated resource return scheme like the alternate crafts. [/li][/ul][ul][li]Add in real crafter content. This would be a key means of forcing crafters to earn their own recipes and differentiate themselves by their own actions/choices. Good starting areas for this are the city factions, DoF factions and other major factions like the Wu followers and Ashen Disciples. [/li][/ul][ul][li]And in Multilayer/multi-crafter content. Makes items that require more than one crafting class to touch it from start to finish. Add in group/raid content for crafters that can grant rare arts, skills and perhaps even class specific recipes. [/li][/ul][ul][li]Add in mixed content. Have crafters support a raid force by manning ballistae or countering environment AE's. [/li][/ul][ul][li]Add world content. Allow us to affect events like the Militia getting overrun in Nek forest or defending Zek from an Orc raid. [/li][/ul][ul][li]Allow us the ability to give what we craft intrinsic properties through AP or a similar system. This way we can pick and choose what we want on gear making it stand out for our choices. [/li][/ul][ul][li]Rework the alternate trades against the base trades to keep them from affecting those markets. Each crafting class needs to have its own niche and not compete against other classes- especially amalgamations like tinkering and market suppliers like transmuters. [/li][/ul] This is how I see a complete crafting review ending. With crafting being a completely different experience than was originally planned, the system should be adjusted to affect that reality. The longer such change is not accounted for, the worse the situation will get making it much harder to fix in the future.
  3. ARCHIVED-Shonshazzitt Guest

[p] Could you elaborate on that a little bit.[/p][p]At this time we pretty much know what class to look for when your needing something made for your Main or Alt toon. With the exception of course on Adornments, I still have no clue as to who makes what kind of adornment (but that of course is a different thread and not for in here hehe)[/p]
  4. ARCHIVED-Deson Guest

Sure. Right now we are spread pretty thin as far as who makes what- a legacy from interdependency. The massive removal of such has left a few classes without a clearly defined market, depth or much room for expansion. Couple that with the alternate crafts infringing on the territory and we have a mess. As for adorns, I may as well just go ahead and repost that... give me 5 minutes
  5. ARCHIVED-Shonshazzitt Guest

[p]One possible idea, would be the allowing of app 1-4 as well as handcrafted gear to be allowed to be transmuted as well.[/p][p]The reason I say that, is it may help even out the market some, and allow new crafters the ability to make some coin to give a reason to continue crafting. Its hard to craft, when you can't afford the fuels when you hit the next tier.[/p][p]If your a newbie to EQ2, and want to buy that adept 1 spell, your looking at least 10gp. Now, not many new people have that kind of money to spend on a single adept.[/p][p]If the app and regular hand crafted sold to transmuters, then alot of crafters would be happy. Their wares would be moving, they would be making some coin. Yet, in doing such, the over all price of wares may drop back to a reasonable price again, and it would be a win win for both crafters and transmuters.[/p][p]All i ever do with my armors when i make them is sell them back to the vender to get my fuel costs back, since most people now want the rare armors over the regular handcrafted, and most dropped armors are better than handcrafted.[/p][p]Rare armor is not that as it was anymore anyways. Rare is not a rare find anymore, compared to 2yrs ago. Everyone wants it, so everyone can now get it. (I remember when the lvl cap was 50, and being decked out in ebon made you complete Uber, toss in the occassional fabled, and you were Godlike)[/p][p]Due to this reason, open the market for the 'lesser' handcrafted, allow everyone a chance to make some coin to do the part of the game they enjoy.[/p][p]Sure the market would be flooded at first, but it would even out, it always does.[/p]
  6. ARCHIVED-Noaani Guest

[p]I agree with most of that, but I am curious, why would you want the penalties for pristine taken away? Its not hard to make pristine if you want to, and having non pristine items a possability means that there is an actual penalty to failure in crafting. A resourse return system would not be so much as a penalty as differing the amount of bonus you get for failing the combine.[/p][p]As to reworking the classes, I totally agree, they need to cut it down to 6 crafting classes max, or come up with more for certian classes to do. As for crafting quests, well, maybe when crafting gets its own dedicated dev something like that may happen. With Ilucide doing a cleanup of bugs and other issues to do with crafting, it seems to me like they have a task in mind for a new crafting dev as soon as they start. [/p]
  7. ARCHIVED-Deson Guest

It's part of a larger document so I didn't think to clarify. I meant remove non-pristine crafts and either use the alternate craft resource return system or, make all crafts require pristine or count as a fail like some quests do now. Code for both is in so it's nothing really new. The resource return can really add up for some of the heavier classes like outfitters and the "must pristine" change would eliminate the ability to xp without looking.
  8. ARCHIVED-Noaani Guest

[p]Ah, that makes more sense now. Just like the stuff in Nest.[/p][p]I like those combines, because they are a perfect example of how hard crafting 'could' be. I just took my adventuring main to nest the other day to make some of them. She was a level 49 sage at the time. Trying to pristine level 66 recipes while you are level 49 is actually not an easy feat (without the brell miracle at least). Failure for these only meant loosing fuel and common raws, I kept the dropped item.[/p][p]Do the same thing with fabled type crafting, where the recipe difficulty is set to 15 - 20 levels above what the recipe says, and you suddenly have a challange for tradeskillers. Make it so they loose the component if they do not pristine and you also have risk vs reward (unfortunaty that dam Brell miracle would make this all trivial). [/p]
  9. ARCHIVED-Raston Guest

Deson wrote:
    I pretty much agree with everything you said Deson.
    I'd also like to see a better skill progression system for crafters as well, instead of the 3/3 powers we get now, treat them like a class and allow them to have the ability to upgrade their skills (and each new one is an upgrade)
    Also, I would like to see a better progression of difficulty as you level. It is almost as difficult to create a lvl 10 item in your sixties as it is to create a white con item at the same level. There is something intrinsically wrong with that.
    And since we are obviously going to get some form of fabled crafting, there should be a ledgendary crafting system as well so that those of us who either can't or can't often raid aren't left out of too much content and aren't the only ones left without the new toys ;)
  10. ARCHIVED-Devilsbane Guest

[ul][li][p]Remove the current imbuing recipes. Replace these with adornment recipes.[/p][/li][li][p]Remove the current method of adornment application. Replace it with a recipe application method. [/p][/li][li][p]Add these recipes in as new adornment books for each tradeskill: (Advanced Enigma of the Tailor Level 25) (Recipe: Primary Component (Any Level 25 Leather gloves crafted or otherwise) + Build Component (Hand Adornment) + Fuel) [/p][/li][li][p]Add a message in the chat window giving information about durability and progress ticks like those given in combat. [/p][/li][li][p]Increase the range recipes gray out to that of raid level range (15 levels).[/p][/li][li][p]Allow tradeskillers to scribe recipes up to 10 levels above their current level.[/p][/li][/ul][p]The first three would take care of current problems like the current lack of recipes, the inequity in bonus experience, and the out dated imbuing recipes. [/p][p]The current application of adornments does not fit the current tradeskill system. When an adornment is applied to something it creates a new object. Either a character needs special knowledge to create an object or they do not. [/p][p]Please note in my example of a new recipe. When I write any level 25 leather gloves, that is how the recipes would be written. This is what happens when an adornment is being applied to an item.[/p][p]Increasing the range to 15 levels would help get a few more crafting levels in before having to repeat recipes.[/p][p]Would be nice as an a level 19 outfitter to scribe a few recipes from tailor, weaponsmith, and armorer. Infact it would be interesting to craft any recipes 10 levels above my current level (most of my crafters are around level 35 grinding out the same 2-4 recipes). [/p]
  11. ARCHIVED-grymmstone Guest

[p]I have posted this idea many times. It is concerning the perceived imbalance of harvest nodes. Since we still have imbues in game. I was thinking. What if SOE removed the imbue source from Ores, Stone, and Wood nodes, thus forcing people to harvest more shrubs, traps, and fish nodes to find the imbued source for the item being made?[/p][p]With imbues being a harvest from all nodes the market is continually flooded with imbuables, and an armorer/jeweler/outfitter/etc. never have to touch a shrub or fishing hole.[/p]
  12. ARCHIVED-Lydiaele Guest

[p]These are a few ideas more or less ripped off from Vanguard:[/p][p]Tradeskill quests to take your specializations that offer tradeskill experience on completion. Quests has you make items from your new specialty to at least standard level, with raws supplied by the quest giver (or if it must be so, supplied by the quester), You turn in the items to complete the quest.[/p][p]Quests to learn how to work with the new raws in each tier that offer tradeskill experience.[/p][p]Work orders to grind for experience wherein the quest giver supplies the raws (only good for the specific quest) and you turn in the completed goods for fuel compensation, and maybe a little more. Experience for the quest itself is based on item quality. It should be harder to get pristine on these work order recipes. Since you turn them in for the quest, obviously items made for these quests cannot be sold on the broker, eliminating market flooding. Crafting actual items for sale or use might conversely offer no experience, again reducing flooding.[/p][p]Upgrade raws crafters can combine with dropped or crafted gear to improve them a bit with various stats, procs or colors.[/p][p]More crafting gear like clothing, jewelery, spell buffs and tools that give crafting related bonuses.[/p]
  13. ARCHIVED-Raston Guest

[p]Something that wouldn't bother me as much as some would think would be to remove all harvests and make all materials be mob body drops.[/p][p]This assumes one thing though[/p][p]Handcrafted = treasured, mastercrafted = legendary and fablecrafted = fabled[/p][p]and[/p][p]remove all existing recipes as they currently exist and make it so we can just 'learn' how to craft the items found in the wild.[/p]
  14. ARCHIVED-Illmarr Guest

I'd like to see the reaction counters process looked at. If you fail to counter a reaction, you should experience a critical failure. Many times I've missed an event and gotten a critical sucess with a pair of green numbers floating above the forge. This should never happen. Likewise, when sucessfully countering an event, I should not see a decrease in durability even if I counter with a combination of +Progress/-durability or sucess buffs. And bring back death by crafting.
    I'd also like to see lower tier arts be able to be placed in the queue instead of just getting the message that it's already under the influence of a more powerful art.
    I'd like to see imbues stay in the game, and even expanded to include the currently unimbuable sets of legs/chests. I am very pleased with the comming change that will allow imbued items to be adorned.
    If possible, scale the amount of progress it takes upward each tier to complete an item. That will make it more logical that it will take longer to make T7 items than T2 items due to your experience and skill.
  15. ARCHIVED-Deson Guest

Component pouches for those that use them. it's actually getting pretty annoying keeping enough spell components in my actual inventory and I'd like to just have them off in my ammo slot in such a pouch.
  16. ARCHIVED-Phylok Guest

Simply put, the ability to change out your tradeskill to a completly different one.
  17. ARCHIVED-Raston Guest

[p]I've seen this mentioned and it makes some sense, so this isn't a Raston original ;)[/p][p]Factional Crafting.[/p][p]Now, for the Raston original stuff ;)[/p][p]Basically my thoughts on this is to create class based gear(yes, I'm still on this ;)). Each faction is 'responsible' for a series of classes based on their arch type (fighter, healer, scout, mage, crafter) and are only available (no trade) when the crafter reaches certain status with the organization. (the order may be out, I can't remember the exact order, but follow the basics :D)[/p][ul][li]Kindly = handcrafted - same as our hand crafted only availabe for the x5 of a tier instead of x0.[/li][li]amiable = Mastercrafted - similiar to our current master crafted, only for the x7 of a tier instead of x2 and scaled accordingly.[/li][li]friendly = legendcrafted - requires multiple rares, drops off of named, etc. requires x9 of a tier to wear. Not sure if this should be tradeable or not... would have to test to find out to be honest.[/li][li]ally = fablecrafted - requires raid oriented drops and require 2x the progress to complete! Also, these should all be on commission basis since the component should be no drop. The process has the chance (low that it is) of providing the crafter with a special component to craft their own crafting gear with (ie, like a chest drop). requires x9 of a tier to wear.[/li][/ul][p]basically the concept is that as you move your way up the organization, you obtain the ability to access their secrets. Note, fabled crafted SHOULD NOT BE x4 quality, I'm thinking more in line with x2 quality here, thus a little easier to get. And should be considered 'starter' raid gear for those who are interested in getting into raids. In no way am I suggesting (and I continue to emphasis this to get it through some peoples heads ;)) something crafted should be on the quality level of say the Shadowfire gear, or relic, or the fabled class gear.[/p][p]This would also open up some recipes for crafters to crafters as well, so it provides a means for us to get our crafting gear as well. It also requires adventuring to get the status with the organizations, or perhaps craftable writs from the other groups as well. Regardless, it would be a major timesink to get ally each organization that one would want to get ally with (especially with 150 faction a pop ;)). But it would also provide the foundation to get the gear crafters would need to make the harder stuff as well. For example, a person in handcrafted or no crafted gear shouldn't even attempt a fablecrafted item (ie, it should be like going against a raid mob in handcrafted). The events should be stacked against you, after all you are attempting to create something of epic value, it should be an epic battle to succeed ;)[/p]
  18. ARCHIVED-Deson Guest

Wands reworked. Make the current type into a charm slot clicky and add a new type that procs on cast.
  19. ARCHIVED-Sorenias Guest

[p]Hi![/p][p]I am a level 69 tailor and I am sure to get level 70 very soon. I have a few ideas I would like to share. I will break it up into two main sections. First what I find most tedious, or rather, the biggest disincentive to bother with my chosen profession beyond achieving level 70. Second, what I think would be a delightful way to spice things up if the first cannot be changed.[/p][p]First, the biggest disincentive to continue playing is that the only thing that I can practically do is tailor and make the same things over and over. Sure, I have made a fortune thus far, but it is dull. Thus, I would like to see the following:[/p][p]1. Option #1: Change the structure of when a crafter must specialize. As it stands, you choose specialties at levels 9 and 19. I would like to see that increased by 10 levels. I will use the tailoring path as an example. One begins as an Artisan, then at level 9 one must choose Outfitter, and finally at level 19 one must choose tailoring. I suggest that be changed to: Artisan to level 19, then Outfitter to 39, whereupon one chooses tailoring. I would add that there would be no opposition from me if one didn't choose their final specialization until 49/50. This is to broaden the scope of items that can be crafted by any one player and help break up the tedium. This I would be my favored option.[/p][p]2. Option #2: Remove all specializations and have only Artisan. I would like to say that I know many would like to see a return of some level of interdependency as it was at launch. To that point I can only say that it was a wonderful idea on paper, but in function that interdependency does not work. Players simply do not like it on the whole, I know that I certainly do not. There will be many to object to this idea for fear of a flood of people becoming artisans. Fear not! The tedium of the tradeskill process is prohibitive of this occurring in my opinion.[/p][p]Second, if the above changes are too much, then consider methods to spice up crafting. I have two ideas for this:[/p][p]1. Idea #1: I get really tired of making the same looking thing over and over. I think a great idea would be to introduce styling types. For example, add the ability take a piece and give it flare or individuality. I suggest adding styles such as Sylvan, Thexian, Qeynosian, and so on. I would even introduce racial stylings; ei. High Elf, or perhaps simply Elven. Styling ability starts at level 25, at which point you receive 1 style. The crafter receives one new style every 10 levels thereafter. Furthermore, these styles must be quested for. This would amount to nothing more than skin swapping in terms of codding for the devs.[/p][p]2. Idea #2: Ceremonial Equipment. This is equipment that has no stats, and is simply for show. This is for the RP'ers out there. In order to facilitate some level of prestige associated with the different looks, increase the costs to create them. For armor, these would simply be chest pieces that overwrite your normal armor appearance to create a unified appearance, much the same way as a robe and some Monk chest pieces do. There should be Ceremonial Swords, Jewelery, Helms, Circlets and so on. This is so that every crafter can make some things. Just think of what can be done. I realize that this isn't the greatest idea, but I like it because when I am running around town, I love to don the current dresses that we tailors can make. I thought it was a great idea to add them and would like to see it expanded on for all crafters. Fluff, yes... but fun fluff![/p]
  20. ARCHIVED-Shonshazzitt Guest

That or have both kinds available, the choice as to what your looking for, either clicky, or proc on a hostile spell